A question..

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
..that's probably been asked a lot here but i can't find it...

How often should you was your hair?

I used to wash mine every other day with Nizoral 3 times a week and Pregaine once a week but have been recently washing my hair every day and been finding it looks better. (I've been doing this about a week now)

I use minoxidil and find that it really dries up my hair to almost as fine as straw so washing every other day sometimes gives me really bad hair days.

Is washing every day bad for your hair?

I've found that due to using minoxidil i can afford to wash everyday as the minoxidil makes my hair look thicker and more oily rather than how it would look (thin and wavvy) after a wash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :innocent:

Petchsky

Reaction score
It's down to personal preference, as we all have different hair types. You can wash it every day and it's not necessarily bad for your hair, but some find it to much everyday.

Like yourself i prefer my hair to get a little oil in it as it becomes shinier and easier to style. I wash mine every three days, though i only use minoxidil once a day.

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
I actually went into the archives for a bit as I wanted an answer to this myself.

Seems like there's no evidence that shampooing strips your hair of any nutrients, and a study showed that even if you completely strip the hair of ALL oils by washing it with ether, the hair was still in a healthy and lustrious state.

In the past month or two I've begun washing my hair about 6 days a week, and I've found it pretty agreeable with me. My regimen is currently Nizoral 2% every third day, and on other days I switch between T/Gel and Revivogen shampoo.

I also use American Crew Tea Tree oil conditioner on days I use T/Gel. I'm not a big fan of conditioning my hair frequently anyways, but the tea tree oil is terrific stuff and complements the sometimes harsh feeling that the coal tar in T/Gel can cause.

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers guy :)

I think i'm gonna make it 6 days a week as the minoxidil really makes your hair look like sh*t :thumbdown2:

ali777

Reaction score
I shower almost every day, sometimes twice if I go running. Sometimes I go through a lazy period where I skip days.

Anyway, minoxidil is absorbed more efficiently after showers. The theory is that if the scalp is clean, more minoxidil will penetrate the skin.