A question to people who've been experiencing hairloss...

VeryUpset

Reaction score
1. Did you notice that the hair started being coarser and less managable - expecially when styling?
2. Did you notice certain hairs were thinner than other hairs?
3. Has anyone expeirienced scalp being sensitive or hurting in hairloss regions or acne appearing in the same regions?
4. WHat about wavy hair becoming curlier?
5. Is it possible to go through severe periods of hairloss? For example, if some hair was following out slowly is it possible for it to starting thinning out like crazy over a course of a few months?

Thanks to anyone who shares their knowledge/experience.

jeffsss

Reaction score
1. yep
2. yep
3. hmm. no on that one.
4. no, but then again, my hair is straight.
5. yes. but it could also be your body being affected by stress.. I've heard that If someting tragic happens in your life or if you have a serious illness you could lose hair. but i don't think this type of hair loss is as common as male pattern baldness.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: A question to people who've been experiencing hairloss..

VeryUpset said:
1. Did you notice that the hair started being coarser and less managable - expecially when styling?

Yes.

VeryUpset said:
2. Did you notice certain hairs were thinner than other hairs?

Yes.

VeryUpset said:
3. Has anyone expeirienced scalp being sensitive or hurting in hairloss regions or acne appearing in the same regions?

Not quite. I noticed tingling on two occasions over the last month. Occasionally itchiness.

VeryUpset said:
4. WHat about wavy hair becoming curlier?

I have straight hair; it has not become curlier.

VeryUpset said:
5. Is it possible to go through severe periods of hairloss? For example, if some hair was following out slowly is it possible for it to starting thinning out like crazy over a course of a few months?

Yes. I am going through this right now. Only this has occured in < 1 month -- not a few months. It is very difficult.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
1 yes

2 yes

3 a lillte bit oily and 'bed sore' all the time, this happened all of a sudden.

4 didn't notice that one

5 possible

Monkey

Reaction score
My hair has definately got curlier, it was slightly wavy before. Its got curlier on the sides as well though where i'm not losing hair at all, so maybe it was gonna happen anyway.

jeffsss

Reaction score
it'd be nicer if it were curly b/c it would look more dence and it'd be easier to hide hairline.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
yes
yes
yes
no
yes

By the way, thats the way to get questions answered on here. Questions that are clear and to the point. Noone likes reading a book report and then the person wonders why noone would answer his quesitons.