A question to high norwoods

beatit

Reaction score
I am a NW2, but I am curious about the process.

Before becoming noticeably bald:

- How many hairs did you shed? Was it noticeable?
- How old were you...Is there for example a correlation between becoming a high norwood if you lose hair at a certain age?

And what other signs were there?

Anyway your insight would be much appreciated, cheers guys.

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
For serious balding it's called diffuse thinning. My hairline receeded a bit when I was 18-19 but then it was just a matter of my entire scalp dying off at once. The pattern was noticible by about 21 years old, and now at 25 years old I have a fully matured bald spot from front to back and no hairline at all.

If I were you I would keep a close eye on the back of your head, that's the real indication that you are seriously going bald. A receeding/mature hairline doesn't neccessarily indicate you're going bald any time soon.

beatit

Reaction score
Were you shedding a lot

Have you got pics of your hairline when it started receeding?

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
what is this diffusing? Does it mean to shed a lot? or does it mean you can see your scalp all over the horshoe pattern?

Can you be a receder and still shed a lot? or do receders just recede with no shedding?

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but...

Receeders hair tends to shed out while diffusers hair tends to shrink and die.

I diffused, so i never noticed any hairs in my drain or anything like that. My hair just got thinner and stopped growing.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
maradona said:
what is this diffusing? Does it mean to shed a lot? or does it mean you can see your scalp all over the horshoe pattern?

Can you be a receder and still shed a lot? or do receders just recede with no shedding?
hair slowly thins in the general norwood area

pep guardiola is a good example

slipy

Reaction score
from my point of view i don't see hair count in the shower as a indicator to judge by. unless there are massive amounts of it. i always saw a lot of hair in the sink, even when i was 10, did that mean anything, no.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did shed although I'm a diffuser. I had long hair and there was a lot or hair in the comb and on the desk where my pc was at, etc. I just didn't think it was really balding but thinking back that was when it started. Almost 10 years ago.

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
Mannnnn from what i'm reading it looks like nobody had FAST male pattern baldness.

I was a Norwood 1 with a fukin thick front and a nice haircut like maradona.

It's one year later im close to Norwood 3 now.

I couldn't even get to enjoy my hair while knowing it would dissapear.

You fuckers are lucky at least you got some hair for a few years before it became noticeable.

Couldn't even get laid within the past year....i was workin on my degree. and for what?

I won't even make it to the future treatments.

Worst thing is my family has really mild male pattern baldness nw2-3 at 50. An uncle started balding at 20 from what I heard he still has more hair than me, this is some OLD BULLSH1T. :sobbing:

American lifestyle must've fucked up my genes er sumthing ! :puke:

slipy

Reaction score
Re:

maradona said:

You fuckers are lucky at least you got some hair for a few years before it became noticeable.

i never even got to expierience what it's like to have a Norwood 1 in the first place,
i was born with nw2 on one side and Norwood 1 - 1,5 on the other, i couldn't pull off certain hair styles to save my life.
had a messed up strange hair line which i was slightly self-conscious of, not knowing that the future held much bigger horror for me.

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Re:

slipy said:
maradona said:

i never even got to expierience what it's like to have a Norwood 1 in the first place,
i was born with nw2 on one side and Norwood 1 - 1,5 on the other, i couldn't pull off certain hair styles to save my life.
had a messed up strange hair line which i was slightly self-conscious of, not knowing that the future held much bigger horror for me.

what is your norwood? I think I have DUPA...I'm so fucked.

slipy

Reaction score
Norwood 2,5 - 3

right now i'd happily accept that strange Norwood 1-2 hybrid i previously thought was bad.

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
slipy said:
Norwood 2,5 - 3

right now i'd happily accept that strange Norwood 1-2 hybrid i previously thought was bad.

and it's nice slow balding? GTFO here, enjoy whatever time you have left !!

slipy

Reaction score
how the hell am i supposed to enjoy anything when i know of the evil that approaches? it's always in the back of my mind, no matter what i do.

besides, why aren't you doing the same thing? weren't you at the same level as well?

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slipy said:

Yeah I had a very similar situation, hairline was never straight or symmetrical, even pre-male pattern baldness I was always trying to cover up my massive forehead, then when hair loss kicked in it made everything look ridiculous. Then the anger kicked in at 22/23, then the depression, now I just don't really care that much anymore, there's absolutely nothing I can do to change it...

I've learned to accept and be satisfied with my NW3 look now... maybe this will change when I move into NW4/5 territory, but for now I'm just enjoying the rest of my 20s as a NW3 young adult because I will never get this time back again and there's certain things I simply won't be able to go out and enjoy in 10years time.

B

Beingbaldsucks

Because it's impossible, when I had a Norwood 2.5 let's say after 3 months on rogaine, hair filled my tamples and despite that I looked good I still felt like a bald guy, sew hair falling in huge amount, hair was always gross and dirty because of the minoxi, its very hard pretending that nothing happens when it does, always the feel of "I'm gonna loose it" my male pattern baldness is just speeding like he'll, my hair is gross and oily 24/7, you just can't live like that's, it's Killing you, I buzzed that, off course the hair that grow left empty and long tamples, I'm Norwood 4 again but even worst, on the positive side after almost two weeks I see tiny hairs starting to grow on the tamples, hopefully I will lOok decent enough to live in 3 months from now, this time I will try to finally live, stick to treatment, never buzz it again, just live, cuz I ain't got much time left, I'm only 21, if I can keep some hair until 25 at least I will be happy, I'm a rogaine addict.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BBS you use Revivogen also?

If so, Revivogen and Minoxidil should stabilise and maintain your position for the next 5 years at least.

I understand what your saying about the buzzcut, I agree it doesn't suit us receders very well, having all this hair at the back and on top and absolutely nothing at the front.

I've never liked really short hair on a receded hairline, when I move into NW4 territory I'll be buzzing it down to the grain, Freddie Ljungberg style , better that than having the Andres Iniesta look in my opinion.

T

TravisB

Iniesta must feel weird around his teammates. All spanish guys have full mops of hair, and he's the only one balding. On top of that he's short (170 cm)

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
I am trying. I am approaching Norwood 3 territory. I was srsly a thick norwood 1 and I never saw a single hair in my life in my desk in the shower only saw it at that barbershop's floor and this was a year ago. nw1 to Norwood 3 in 1 year ain't a good look if u ask me, it's traumatizing.

I got what? one year tops before I approach Norwood 4 territory.

Slippy from the looks of it, your hair loss isn't that agressive. Just enjoy it man go out get your dick wet. Accept it, you will never go back to your old self and not worry about hairloss. Cry all you want let it all out :sobbing: and do your best to enjoy whatever time "you have left on this earth".

I can't really focus on women right now...I am seriously busy with something I MUST do I will probably finish in a year or two.

But it's more important than women at the moment, FML.

slipy

Reaction score
maradona said:
I am trying. I am approaching Norwood 3 territory. I was srsly a thick norwood 1 and I never saw a single hair in my life in my desk in the shower only saw it at that barbershop's floor and this was a year ago. nw1 to Norwood 3 in 1 year ain't a good look if u ask me, it's traumatizing.

I got what? one year tops before I approach Norwood 4 territory.

i wouldn't be so sure that after a year you will already be a Norwood 4, you can never know how it's going to progress.

when it first started with me, i was loosing massive amounts and convinced myself i was going to be bald after 6 months, because the pace i was going at was impresive. then after a couple of months it slowed down drastically.

and as far as ''getting my dick wet" , i never did when i still had relatively good hair, how could i now being as traumatized as i am?