A question over legitimacy of product, testing wanted

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil isn't worth counterfeiting -- especially if you're talking about Kirklands brand.

Maybe, in some crazy reckless scheme, people could be convinced to throw a bunch of crap together and call it 'Rogaine' for some small profit, but it's just simply not worth it in the event that they are caught doing it.

The legal ramifications of putting out a dodgy/falsely advertised product are pretty extreme. Definitely not worth risking over something like this.

I CAN see why Indian pharmacies may pump out counterfeit medicines, because their economy is miniscule compared to Western countries (and would be worth a killing when selling to foregin markets). But a UK company has much more to lose over much less profit in this instance.

I think it's just a coincidence/unlucky break.

lukey

Reaction score
just because the potential risk of getting caught is great does not mean people will not do it. It is still cheaper to fill a container with water and alcohol, than include minoxidil as well. My concern remains and would like it tested.

beaner

Reaction score
Kirkland minoxidil is made by the same company that makes name brand Rogaine. There is no difference in quality or efficacy. This is a fact and I believe if you do a search on this forum, you will find threads indicating the same thing.

maroon

Reaction score
I'd be interested in any results as I've ordered the same product from there myself (but not used yet).

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Freestyle said:
I CAN see why Indian pharmacies may pump out counterfeit medicines, because their economy is miniscule compared to Western countries (and would be worth a killing when selling to foregin markets). But a UK company has much more to lose over much less profit in this instance.

Huh? This makes no sense. Are you acusing the poplar Indian sites of selling fake drugs? The Indian pharmacies get real drugs dirt cheap and sell them cheaply so there is less profit in counterfeiting. Sure they could turn a profit but many of these sites rely on "advertising" through internet forums such as this and it would become obvious at some point that they were selling bad drugs.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Have u tried tasting it?

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not that simple. It takes time and money to perform the tests you want.

Quite frankly, it's a waste of time, and I can guarantee you right now that you are being paranoid.