A question for the sane among us

broadcaster

Reaction score
Hey man, I know how you feel and we're all here for you. I found the best "med" for depression was focusing on others rather than myself, meaning, serving. serving at a battered women's home, serving at a homeless shelter, etc

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey man, I know how you feel and we're all here for you. I found the best "med" for depression was focusing on others rather than myself, meaning, serving. serving at a battered women's home, serving at a homeless shelter, etc
Very good advice broadcaster. And Thom you have discovered one of the best "meds" for depression is exercise. Our mind needs to escape in different ways. As broadcaster posted, there is nothing more uplifting than doing something great for someone who appreciates your generosity and can care less how much hair you have on your head. The mirror is my worst enemy. It draws me to focus on myself and those are the times my image problems can bring me down.

Thom, in life there is a design. Things happen for a reason. This forum was part of that design. People come and leave our lives for a reason. Our paths cross with certain people who will later have a purpose in our life or maybe help teach us something about ourselves. I am glad the sane among us are here to give each other support. Its nice to have a brotherhood here. Even though people like UCman and the other high NWs don't think our obsession with hair loss is merited at this time, its still nice to have a place where people can "open" up like in group therapy and help each other out. Even though once in a while we get some very entertaining insecure trolls who want to bring us all down and preach that balding is death sentence, this a great forum. I think LC never understood my main point I was trying to convey to him. There was nothing wrong with him having a hard time accepting his hair loss and even wanting to spend thousands of dollars perfecting his look if that indeed would make him happier. If I hit the lottery with millions of dollars, I would not hesitate to perfect some things about me I don't like. He was just under the delusion that once he perfected himself, society would "idol" him and he would finally be happy. Instead he decided to be accepted as a "freak" who trolls multiple hair loss forums exposing his diabolical plain to perfect himself and how he is rotting away if it does not happen. Although he did have his followers, the sane amongst us prevailed at the end. And with some new moderators, I am sure it will continue to prevail.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Prolonged use of anti depressants can actually rob your body of seratonin, physically preventing you from experiencing true joy... ironically enough.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i find music and walking in some beautiful nature helps a lot for depression. theres a bigger world out there . . . . thats what i get from walking outside while down.

and music is self explanatory, theres a song for every mood. i listen to depressing music and relate it to my sadness. it helps a lot

then i smoke some good chron on top of it all, man thats ****in therapy right there :D

walking, while high as hell, listening to music. goddamn wat a great activity

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I completely agree with this and thanks for the words of encouragement. I too have found that living for others greatly makes me happy. When I posted this it was a pretty hard time and when you go through that you forget how many times you've been there and come out better for it.

All in all it's been a fantastic summer but my ex threw a brief wrench in that, not on purpose. Honestly, Im glad I hit that low because I am a lot happier now from finding that inner strength I didn't know I had. It may be a moment of weakness to go from the positive guy to admitting I needed a lift but so many people could be spared anguish if they just reached out. Anyway, I appreciate the kind words from everyone and hope to be able to give some of you a lift when you hit hard times.