a question for people who've had hair transplants.

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
a question for people who've had hair transplants.

i hope i never come to this point and my hair thinning/loss issue is going to be completely gone, but just curious how much does it cost?

are the hairs that are transplanted strong (like can it go through some wear and tear without falling out?)

and do the hairs that are transplanted eventually thin? or stay thick.

thanks

also is it painful? wtf are those red marks all over the scalp shown in peoples' pictures? can someone thoroughly explain the whole procedure to me... thanks and good luck

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'll venture a reply...though I haven't had a hair transplant myself

Hi pleasehelpme. Even though I myself have not had a hair transplant, I had seriously looked into it, so from my own research I will offer some responses.

"how much does it cost?"

>From what I've heard, it's not cheap, over 1K at least depending on the volume of hair that is transplanted.

"are the hairs that are transplanted strong (like can it go through some wear and tear without falling out?)"

>The hair that is transplanted comes from outside of the typical pattern for male pattern baldness and therefore, apparently, is impervious to thinning. So in answer to your question, is the hair strong?...yes, that is if your hair in the horseshoe area is strong.

"and do the hairs that are transplanted eventually thin? or stay thick."

>Again, from what I hear and have researched, the hair that is transplanted stays thick aside from some of the hair that is transplanted perhaps dying from the shock of the procedure. But I'm not too sure of that.

Greg

G

Hi there Pleasehelpme.Im a 29 male that has recently only 7 months ago now had 1300 grafts put in my front to mid region.I must say this is the best thing i have ever done.My confidence levels and self-esteem are right up there again now.The transplant hair that come from the back of your head and are transplanted into the blading area stay there for life and do not thin out.The little red marks you see are where ther hairs have being transplanted into.The redness goes away after two days.The procedure is pain free but the next couple of weeks you have some slight discomfort due to the stiches in the back of your head.This is nothing to concern you but i didnt really feel much at all except for some tightness in the back of my head or about a month.Anyway if you like to check out my pictures and my story on my hairloss it will help you alot i think.Go to my website its

http://www.inperth.com.au/users/damo

tell me what you think

regards Damien

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks bro!

wow the pics look awesome! a lot of improvement nice! approximately how much did the whole procedure cost you?

good luck and hope you continue to have more success! peace

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude, looks good mainnnn!

Did the Doctor put you on any preventive care i.e. Propecia, Rogaine...

Good story main, keep up the fight!

Tony

G

Finallyhair is correct it really starts to thicken up after 18 months where you can see the full effect of the procedure.Well worth doing in my opinion.

qqq

Reaction score
9 Gs?! u were def thinning, but you weren't all over bald. is the normal cost for someone at your stage of loss? how much would it cost for a really bald guy? like the dude on seinfild? (forgot his name, obviosly not kramer)

G

QQQ someone that is completely bald would cost quite abit of money.You would need in my opinion atleast 3 procedures to get the right results.

Damien

The DJ Guy

Reaction score
The GUY from Seinfeld:)

Too funny, someone nailed me on the Seinfeld comment. Yeah, I'm the classic really bald guy Norwood-6 that kids make innocent comments about when they see all that scalp. But it is possible to cover that football field with hair at least in the front where it counts the most. I received STRIP surgery about 8 yrs ago and in the long run it wasn't so effective even though my Doctor was rated as being one of the best in Colorado. I just received my second set of FM Transplants and the hair is coming in like gangbusters with a very natural appearance. The guys I went to are the pro's in the industry but you gotta be willing to travel for the best too:)

Typically STRIP surgeries in the USA are probably $3-6K depending on the rep and quality of the Doctor. You can get the latest State-of-the-Art Follicular Multiplication (FM) though for about $4.5K and RETAIN ALMOST ALL OF YOUR ORIGINAL DONOR AREA. I have posted this issue and many other important issues that are just as critical on the Forum TELL YOUR STORY under The DJ GUY w/Follicular Multiplication.

There is so little pain that NO PAIN DRUGS are given for this Treatment. You'll notice it is NOT called surgery because it has practically no trauma to the scalp and heals in 1-2 days WITHOUT THE NEED FOR STITCHES OR BANDAGES. The days of STRIP surgery are OVER. FM is the answer.

If you want further info or details, you are welcome to send me an email to Saplyak@hotmail.com Why are people still supporting the archaic use of STRIP/SCALP/FUT?!! Is will damage your scalp forever! FM is practically the same cost with no scarring and doesn't deplete your donor area for future surgeries.

Hope someone is heeding my good info and my time is not being spent in vain!

The DJ GUY

G

Djguy i agree with you that FUE is the current technology but its cost alot more money then strip because of how labour intensive it can be.I personally think you get bigger bang for your buck with strip.The scar you get with strip is a razor thin line which you have to search for to see not a issue.With FUE if you find a doctor that will perform this alone,how well do you think one individual will perform after 5 hours of this delicate work? After myself having strip surgery it is still perfomed worldwide by all the top surgeons so if it was old news then they would have stopped perfoming this type of procedure.Look in the end its up to the individual but as i said value for money strip is the way togo.

Damien

oliver

Reaction score
this DJ guy is 100% misleading!!! can't stress this enough.

an absolute cr@ppy post

GHO IS A FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Oliver im very happy with my strip surgery results and are going abck for some more in 3 months time.Im getting another 1100 grafts to really thicken it up.

Damo

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
I paid like 4000 dollars for mine. they did it alittle behind the the hairline and now that i lost more hair the plugs are more visible than ever. I hate the fact that i did it. oh and im only 22.

malsi

Reaction score
qqq said:
9 Gs?! u were def thinning, but you weren't all over bald. is the normal cost for someone at your stage of loss? how much would it cost for a really bald guy? like the dude on seinfild? (forgot his name, obviosly not kramer)

the guys name is george costanza the legend