A Question About Wounding Gains (are They Permanent?)

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
would the regrowth from wounding be permanent if i am using finasteride or does it fall out again after i stop using the dermastamp?

Thankful for input on this question

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My personal experience and from observing the results of other forum members...
Most users who reported any gain from dermarolling/stamping were also on Finasteride/Minoxidil.
Those who reported a visible impact have noticed thickening of the vellus hair, which only grow to a certain length before they stop growing any further. While this may not take you down one Norwood scale fully, the gain could be visible enough to make some people content (especially if you are into buzz cuts).
My experience is similar. The vellus hair never became properly terminal, but it has made me look less of a shiny baldy, more of a guy with very thin hair and a big forehead. I personally don't feel that it is enough and would like a hair transplant.

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My personal experience and from observing the results of other forum members...
Most users who reported any gain from dermarolling/stamping were also on Finasteride/Minoxidil.
Those who reported a visible impact have noticed thickening of the vellus hair, which only grow to a certain length before they stop growing any further. While this may not take you down one Norwood scale fully, the gain could be visible enough to make some people content (especially if you are into buzz cuts).
My experience is similar. The vellus hair never became properly terminal, but it has made me look less of a shiny baldy, more of a guy with very thin hair and a big forehead. I personally don't feel that it is enough and would like a hair transplant.

Thing is that i had been on minoxidil for over a year with good results and quit a bit over 2 months ago cause i have a heart arrythmia that gets worse on it. But at the same time i started finasteride now some 1,5 months ago and already have gotten some thickening at the hairline from it.

My idea was to stop minoxidil but have a good set of hair by starting finasteride and wounding instead.

But my question was more like this:
If i am wounding and getting growth, will this growth stay if i stop wounding when i am on finasteride?

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess if you consider wounding as the Minoxidil replacement, there is always a chance of that happening. It seems widely believed that Finasteride alone addresseS DHT but wouldn't do as much without something that stimulates growth. You may be the lucky one that benefits from Finasteride alone, but I would say if the growth was triggered by a combination of Finasteride+wounding, by giving up the wounding it might just maintain at best.
Why not continue with the wounding?

heyhey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess if you consider wounding as the Minoxidil replacement, there is always a chance of that happening. It seems widely believed that Finasteride alone addresseS DHT but wouldn't do as much without something that stimulates growth. You may be the lucky one that benefits from Finasteride alone, but I would say if the growth was triggered by a combination of Finasteride+wounding, by giving up the wounding it might just maintain at best.
Why not continue with the wounding?

Oh i am pretty unclear sorry, i stopped minoxidil and have not begun wounding yet, i have just started with finasteride.
And the gains are from finasteride, it pretty much stopped all the shedding also in the span of a week. I am now just waiting for the terrible post minoxidil shed. I have ordered the derminator tho. I am just wondering if wounding is something i have to do for the rest of my life or if i can do it for some years and get growth and then mantain it with finasteride.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You'll probably lose the minoxidil gains after stopping. Wounding supposedly works best with minoxidil. Have you tried lower doses less often?

There was some evidence that hair regrown via wounding becomes less androgen-sensitive but I don't remember where I saw it. Would probably take hours of searching to find it.