A Question About Miniaturizing Hairs

Randy Buck

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everybody so my hair loss has been stressing me out quite a bit for the last few months. I am 18 I know it's nothing major, but definitely something I should keep an eye on (especially since I'm 18) I have no idea how bad my hair loss is going to get because I can't even think of anyone in my family who suffers from it besides my mothers half brother, so I'm kinda going into all of this blind. BUT that's all besides the point, my question is pertaining to miniaturized hairs. I first started noticing my hair loss around February of this year and it definitely scares me. The first TWO pictures are from when I first started noticing my hair loss in February (miniaturization at its peak) and the latest pictures are from today. It seems like a large marjoraty of my miniaturized hairs dissapered (or at least shortened a lot).

Does this mean my hair has matured and that all of the miniaturized hairs were just making way for my mature hairline? My hair is decently thick and I'm hoping it has just matured. Opionions? Thoughts? Am I completely wrong? Does it look matured to you or balding? Thanks guys.

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh God kid they are going to eat you for breakfast you hair looks boy-band fantastic.

Is it possible you are confusing baby hairs with miniaturized hairs?

Randy Buck

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh God kid they are going to eat you for breakfast you hair looks boy-band fantastic.

Is it possible you are confusing baby hairs with miniaturized hairs?

Haha, thank you very much. That's a very good question, I never considered that because I didn't think it was possible for men to have baby hairs? I look a lot like my mother and definitely got her hair and she has baby hairs all around her temples where my hair receded a bit but always assumed if men had baby hairs around their hairline it was miniaturizing hairs?

Reaction score
Yours is similar to mine, however mine is actually miniaturisating on my side temples, yours could be baby hairs. But only time will tell, come back in 6 months and have an update

I've uploaded mine on my discussion page if u wanted to compare

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha, thank you very much. That's a very good question, I never considered that because I didn't think it was possible for men to have baby hairs? I look a lot like my mother and definitely got her hair and she has baby hairs all around her temples where my hair receded a bit but always assumed if men had baby hairs around their hairline it was miniaturizing hairs?

who the hell cares?

you don't have hair loss. if you do , you will know it. everyone has baby hairs. i would suggest not obsessing over stuff like this, and go live the life most of us aren't privileged to live. make the most of it.

Rakoczi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there might be a slow recession, just keep an eye on it and try to keep it documented. if you feel like it is getting worse, reconsider

but for now, you look mostly okay

I might have been the exact situation as you at 18, yet now i am 24 and am norwood 2.5. I just didn't recognize that I was having hairloss until I was that far in.

So yea, just keep an eye on it. If it gets worse, think about treatment. But for now, just relax and have fun with your life!