A Question About Harvard Study On Pfs

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

I visited Doctor yesterday and we discussed PFS he read through Harvard Report on PFS and he said it fit with what he believes PFS is in that the guys severely affected have a history of depression or anxiety which then manifests itself in physical symptoms when taking Propecia. He said he prescribed it for prostate conditions and hasn't had anyone complaining of what I got as in numbness.

I believe the mind is a powerful organ and can create physical feelings however my story is that I suffered from a bout of anxiety about 7 years ago and got over it. Nothing too out of the ordinary, fast forward to October I took finasteride at 1.25 per day for four days, at The time I took it life was good, good job, good relationship just hairloss had been getting me down a bit. When I went on finasteride I was happy about it and wasn't scared, thinking great I am finally dealing with hairloss but woke up in the morning of fifth with numbness in genitals, I should note on night of fourth I got pain in testicles and tip of penis but didn't freak thought drug must be working. Since then the numbness has persisted with very little improvement. I lost erections and couldn't have sex for about six weeks but that has now come back problem is numbness still there and I don't know if this makes sense but feels as if penis isn't there when flaccid. Just a very strange feeling coming from genital area which is a constant. Problem is I can't remember how things felt before as it's not something I thought about. This has ramped up anxiety and insomnia.Initially I read so many theories about androgen deprivation specifically in penile tissue which made most sense.

But My question is this after reading Harvard study if shows no evidence of any of these things only consistency with men who are depressed??! How can the mind cause physical numbness as in not sensing touch? I get it can cause lowered libido increased heart rate etc but seriously turning part of your body numb for three months. I just don't get that at all. I'm lost with it, so trying to understand wtf is going on. I'm thinking they missed something else but have an open mind.

Cheers guys

Jimmy

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the brain is the strongest organ look at ppl that suffered from arm or leg injuries for too long when they recover physically some of them still thinking that they are still injured u see them limping or dont move the injured arm .
my point is if ur blood test all of the hormones not just total t i mean all are good the ur physically healed and that should give clear vision of ur status is all mental u could go to a doctor to get a full piens check.
I know the numbness is real i had it not as major as u but when i piss I feel like i am not doing anything and my dick got smaller and my ererctions are weaker but they are gone now .
hope u recover and do all hormones levels specially prolactin

Valiant

Established Member
Reaction score
OP,

You may want to check to see if you have any pelvic floor muscular issues. You could have tension that's putting pressure on nerves inside the pelvic floor. It could be related to some of the anxiety issues. You would probably have to see a physical therapist to get that checked out. Or some books available on pelvic pain and there is one called a "headache in the pelvis."

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the brain is the strongest organ look at ppl that suffered from arm or leg injuries for too long when they recover physically some of them still thinking that they are still injured u see them limping or dont move the injured arm .
my point is if ur blood test all of the hormones not just total t i mean all are good the ur physically healed and that should give clear vision of ur status is all mental u could go to a doctor to get a full piens check.
I know the numbness is real i had it not as major as u but when i piss I feel like i am not doing anything and my dick got smaller and my ererctions are weaker but they are gone now .
hope u recover and do all hormones levels specially prolactin
Cheers ahmed, glad you are doing better

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP,

You may want to check to see if you have any pelvic floor muscular issues. You could have tension that's putting pressure on nerves inside the pelvic floor. It could be related to some of the anxiety issues. You would probably have to see a physical therapist to get that checked out. Or some books available on pelvic pain and there is one called a "headache in the pelvis."
Thanks Valiant, I have came across this before but was stuck on that it must be androgen receptor theory, though Harvard study discounts that, I will look into it, thanks again

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If PFS were just depression then we'd also see a post-minoxidil syndrome.

We don't. These symptoms only show up in finasteride users.

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If PFS were just depression then we'd also see a post-minoxidil syndrome.

We don't. These symptoms only show up in finasteride users.
Yes I have thought about this but have came across a few posts like below from minoxidil users, if minoxidil/rogaine was put out with sexual sides would it be more, I don't know man, I genuinely have sides from finasteride but seeing posts like below make me confused, it's almost identical to finasteride sides

https://www.pegym.com/forums/erecti...-minoxidil-sexual-problems-advice-needed.html

ahmed wolf

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes I have thought about this but have came across a few posts like below from minoxidil users, if minoxidil/rogaine was put out with sexual sides would it be more, I don't know man, I genuinely have sides from finasteride but seeing posts like below make me confused, it's almost identical to finasteride sides

https://www.pegym.com/forums/erecti...-minoxidil-sexual-problems-advice-needed.html

there is study i saw about minoxidil raising prolactin levels in female mic at 100mg maybe thats why i used minoxidil on and off for 2 years never thought about sexual sides so I don't know I stopped it after i got finasteride sides my prolatic were 20 after one week from stopping y leves were 10 so dont know if minoxidil was the issue or my body were increasing prolactin levels so the 5ar cand produce more cuz i found a stdy on a female hairloss fourm that high levels of prolactin produced more 5ar