Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Terrible - all pain, no gain.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Given the long lengths of threads addressing needling, it seems like there are quite a number of people doing it. This is our best - thought imperfect - way to gauge what we can expect from Follica, so I'd like to see what the anecdotal data say about amateur needling.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve stated this, but I use the dr pen ultima a6 at 1.5mm depth. I haven’t seen any hair gains and the areas that were weakest have responded negatively to my derma needling them. I think follica is using 1mm so I’ll continue at that depth and see what happens.

I used to use a DermaRoller at 1.5mm before this, also, with no gains. I’ve only used the dr. Pen about 10 times now so about a month and a half with that.

I’m also on oral minoxidil and 2.5mg dutasteride which I use every third day.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve stated this, but I use the dr pen ultima a6 at 1.5mm depth. I haven’t seen any hair gains and the areas that were weakest have responded negatively to my derma needling them. I think follica is using 1mm so I’ll continue at that depth and see what happens.

I used to use a DermaRoller at 1.5mm before this, also, with no gains. I’ve only used the dr. Pen about 10 times now so about a month and a half with that.

I’m also on oral minoxidil and 2.5mg dutasteride which I use every third day.

How was your hair before?

I'm also doing 1mm every 14 days now for about a month. A lot of shedding and not a lot of regrowth but it's too soon for any conclusions.

Will see.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
How was your hair before?

I'm also doing 1mm every 14 days now for about a month. A lot of shedding and not a lot of regrowth but it's too soon for any conclusions.

Will see.

Im like a Norwood 2. But my left side got hammered by inflammation quickly like five years ago and my right side has been itchy and receding more and more ever since. I can hide it, but I’ve tried some extreme stuff with no results.

At the 2.5 month mark on oral minoxidil, my hair was looking great, but it stopped having an effect near my hairline lol. That’s why I bought the dr. Pen. Figured I’d get a better device than a DermaRoller and try and stimulate new growth.