A pleaseant surprise after switching to Proscar.(must read)!

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
So I dont know how many of you guys this will apply to...but basically i live in Ontario Canada...so this may not be true for guys in the states or even other parts of Canada...but basically my dad used to dish out around $50ish for a pack supply of Propecia per month..so Im lucky in that sense...but after my derm suggested going onto proscar to save cash...it turned out my dads insurance covered the proscar!!! wheras it never covered the propecia...I guess they figure proscar is mostly used for medically NECESSARY purposes...anyways all I had to pay was $13.50...and to top it off...11.50 of that was for a dispensing fee. I found a pharmacy that has no dispensing fee...So basically I will be paying for 25 tables...which can be quartered to yield 100 doses (enough for over 3 months) @ a measly $2!! LOL..costing me barely 70 cents a month...and if you get rogaine off ebay...I usually get em @ 30ish per 3 month supply...thats $10.70 I pay per month for using some of hairlosses most potent drugs. pretty sweet.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i live in manitoba, my dad's family health coverage is paying for proscar but wouldn't for propecia. so same deal, free hair treatment. pretty rad, i first heard of finasteride about a year ago, did research but was only looking up propecia not other brands like proscar. i was upset to find out it was gonna cost like 70 bucks canadian a month for a hair loss treatment. luckily...not paying a dime now.

G

congratulations on probable insurance fraud bro.

if they don't cover propecia then they almost certainly do not cover proscar for hair loss.

I guess they figure proscar is mostly used for medically NECESSARY purposes...

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
congratulations on probable insurance fraud bro.

if they don't cover propecia then they almost certainly do not cover proscar for hair loss.

I guess they figure proscar is mostly used for medically NECESSARY purposes...
HAHA you make it sound like a bad thing

Jm0311

Reaction score
hes probably just bitter because he pays an arm and leg for avodart

G

Jm0311 said:
hes probably just bitter because he pays an arm and leg for avodart

my insurance covers my avodart 70% for hair loss and 100% for BPH. so unless you think paying the generic price for GSK Avodart is paying an arm and a leg... i don't really mind if people do what mac does because it's so frequent anyway and insurance companies do have a lot of unscrupulous practices.

anyway, jm, please link me to a full version of your avatar picture and any associated galleries.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Well...i didnt do it on purpose...it was a pure accident...they just told me my dads insurance covers it..(the pharmacist) i was like wtf...but then again, the pharmacist saw im supposed 2 take 1/4 and he said this is for hairloss? To which I said yea, so w.e...besides...the system screws us over anywyas...taxes and this and that...take a look @ the liberal scandal where tons of my dollars went to line their pockets...and they blew it on parties and having fun...rather then paying workers to clean up the potholes in my city. So f*** them.

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
anyway, jm, please link me to a full version of your avatar picture and any associated galleries.

yeah, do it fast otherwise we will riot a motion to ban you.
:p

Vic_Vega

Reaction score
I live in British Columbia. I've had both Propecia and Proscar prescriptions paid for by my parents insurance. First 4 months Propecia, second 4 months Proscar... 100% paid for, no questions asked.

I don't think we need to worry about insurance fraud. Health insurance in Canada is a lot different than health insurance in the States.