A New Year, Please Help Me Define A Regime

freak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi so want to finally put some effort into tackling my hair thinning. I think there's potential for some of it to be saved, but its at a point now where I need to do something about it.

I'm seriously considering hair transplantation. I have no interest in taking finasteride because of the gastly side effects, I just don't want to do that to myself and I know how sensitive my body is to chemicals so feel like i'd be very susceptible.

Current regime
I have been using Nizoral for quite a while now consistently, trying not to overdo it just 2-3 times a week tops, its helped with my itchy scalp and dandruff problem a lot that I used to have. I have also been consistently using a Nioxin shampoo and conditioner - after which my hair feels pretty nice and sometimes does look thicker but I wouldn't say it has done much else for me.

I used Minoxidil for about a month once and didn't see much change, basically forgot to order a next bottle and then fell off the wagon with it.

Please help me define a new regime? From this site what I can gather is in my circumstance I would use an S5 Cream to block DHT, then use Minoxidil again to aid regrowth, and then does the Nizoral act as the anti-inflammatory?

What about shampoo and conditioner? I've read some stuff and tend to lean toward products that are of simple organic ingredients with as few chemicals as possible. I often come across saw palmetto is this needed? What about argan oil?

I feel like I need to give a good regime a go and maybe look to have a hair transplant later in the year. I'm 26 years old and here's some photos of what I'm working with (dry hair taken today):
IMG_0091.jpg IMG_0094.jpg IMG_0095.jpg IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0089.jpg IMG_0090.jpg IMG_0092.jpg IMG_0093.jpg

I've kind of purposefully taken the photos when it looks real bad, unstyled, roughed up to stand up and dry etc

Happy new year and thank you in advance

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just do 0.25mg of finasteride. No finasteride, you may as well give up. You have the vague impression of a hairline meaning that if you get back some volume from finasteride you'd probably look like a guy who was never balding to begin with. S5 cream is snake oil. Use Pura D'or gold shampoo instead of nioxin too for its topical DHT blockers. Also a very nice shampoo in general.

freak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just do 0.25mg of finasteride. No finasteride, you may as well give up. You have the vague impression of a hairline meaning that if you get back some volume from finasteride you'd probably look like a guy who was never balding to begin with. S5 cream is snake oil. Use Pura D'or gold shampoo instead of nioxin too for its topical DHT blockers. Also a very nice shampoo in general.

Why is S5 cream snake oil?

g.i joey

Reaction score
You need to give finasteride a shot if you have any hope in even keeping what you got now. If you're not using finasteride just let yourself bald gracefully

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is S5 cream snake oil?

Because there isn't a single person that has used it on its own to good effect. There are also no STUDIES that it decreases DHT or Alpha 5 in the scalp. SNAKE OIL.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously, try out finasteride on a small dose like 0.25 mg, hit up a decent minoxidil like lipogaine again and add nizoral 2%, then watch the results roll in.

freak

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously, try out finasteride on a small dose like 0.25 mg, hit up a decent minoxidil like lipogaine again and add nizoral 2%, then watch the results roll in.

Are you on finasteride? For how long? Any progress pics?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're not on finasteride, you can basically forget it - you're going to keep losing hair. So finasteride, minoxodil, and ketoconazole (nizoral 2%). Those three things are the only commercially available products that are proven to retain and in sometimes grow hair. They work synergistically, so you're leaving a lot of hair on the table if you don't use all three.
Would you consider adding a LLLT like Theradome to the big 3 worth it?

Quickstrike

Established Member
Reaction score
As others have said, get on Finasteride ASAP!

At least give it a try. Start now and check back in 2018 with hopefully improved hair.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because there isn't a single person that has used it on its own to good effect. There are also no STUDIES that it decreases DHT or Alpha 5 in the scalp. SNAKE OIL.
Just need to remind you that you dont know what your talking about, had to come back here and reply because you feel the need to now go on everyone of my posts and dislike them as if that means anything just because i disliked your post lol. Anyway there are no studies showing it decreases dht significantly because thats not how it works for men. Time to do some research before you go and speak without knowing.

Last edited:

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should at least try finasteride and see how it goes or risk returning to baseline.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just need to remind you that you dont know what your talking about, had to come back here and reply because you feel the need to now go on everyone of my posts and dislike them as if that means anything just because i disliked your post lol. Anyway there are no studies showing it decreases dht cause thats not how it works. Time to do some research before you go and speak without knowing.

Clearly you're the clueless one. I'd dislike EVERY one of your comments if I could. It is an ANTI ANDROGEN that is used to REDUCE DHT IN THE SCALP. It doesn't reduce the amount of alpha 5 reductase or DHT in the body, but it is used to do this IN THE SCALP. Clueless fool. Find me a SINGLE study saying it effectively works as an anti-androgen in the scalp, or has had success with regrowing hair on its own in a study. Idiot.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Clearly you're the clueless one. I'd dislike EVERY one of your comments if I could. It is an ANTI ANDROGEN that is used to REDUCE DHT IN THE SCALP. It doesn't reduce the amount of alpha 5 reductase or DHT in the body, but it is used to do this IN THE SCALP. Clueless fool. Find me a SINGLE study saying it effectively works as an anti-androgen in the scalp, or has had success with regrowing hair on its own in a study. Idiot.
Its an antagonist to the receptors so the dht wouldnt really be effected. Dont have time for a science lesson but im sorry you dont understand.

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its an antogonist to the receptors so the dht wouldnt really be effected. Dont have time for a science lesson but im sorry you dont understand.
You may not have time for a science lesson, but you have the time to sound like a complete moron. Well done. It is not an "antagonist" to the receptors (wtf how stupid are you) it binds to DHT receptors and therefore DECREASES DHT IN THE SCALP LIKE I %#^(*&% said you scientifically illiterate mongoloid.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You may not have time for a science lesson, but you have the time to sound like a complete moron. Well done. It is not an "antagonist" to the receptors (wtf how stupid are you) it binds to DHT receptors and therefore DECREASES DHT IN THE SCALP LIKE I %#^(*&% said you scientifically illiterate mongoloid.
Nope nope nope thats just not how it goes, but your getting closer. Tell me again how blocking the receptors decreases dht if dht is not metabolized by the receptors.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope nope nope thats just not how it goes, but your getting closer. Tell me again how blocking the receptors decreases dht if dht is not metabolized by the receptors.
FFS is your IQ 6.72? It decreases the prevalence of DHT IN THE SCALP as it (is supposed) to compete with DHT from binding to the receptors. Honestly you are a moron. You know you are speaking complete idiocy and misquoting me and yet you keep on digging your hole of idiocy further.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FFS is your IQ 6.72? It decreases the prevalence of DHT IN THE SCALP as it (is supposed) to compete with DHT from binding to the receptors. Honestly you are a moron. You know you are speaking complete idiocy and misquoting me and yet you keep on digging your hole of idiocy further.
I knew you were smarter than that. It does block dht from binding and it is called an antagonist just look it up. Now spironolactone does inhibit a small about of dht but because men cant take alot of spironolactone without fertility side effects and feminization, those inhibiting effects are almost null and would be a losing battle. Many ppl on the forum use spironolactone with great sucess and it is used for huituism in women along with its other uses. So no its not snake oil. Its like you had intillect in you the whole time. Im so proud.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I knew you were smarter than that. It does block dht from binding and it is called an antagonist just look it up. Now spironolactone does inhibit a small about of dht but because men cant take alot of spironolactone without fertility side effects and feminization, those inhibiting effects are almost null and would be a losing battle. Many ppl on the forum use spironolactone with great sucess and it is used for huituism in women along with its other uses. So no its not snake oil. Its like you had intillect in you the whole time. Im so proud.
Find me a single study or forum post with PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE that s5 ALONE has done ANYTHING.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Find me a single study or forum post with PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE that s5 ALONE has done ANYTHING.
Oh now you need photographic evidence not just the studys of its use in woman, for hairloss, and its countless use on this forum or any other forum.