A New Study Says Raspeberry Ketone For Raises Hair Growth

Bushi

Reaction score
Just stumbled on this article which says rasberry ketone stimulates hair growth in mice..............but also in humans. :)

A study done by Japanese scientist says rasberry ketone raises IGF1 in skin cells, which raises hair growth and makes the skin stronger and more elastic. The study has been done on people with AA.

http://www.ergo-log.com/raspberry-ketone-skin-s-elasticity-stimulates-hair-growth.html

Damn, can't I edit the title of the thread?!

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
one thought - Minoxidil apparently absorbs into the scalp at 75% by 4hrs through to 100% at 11hrs. Plus has a decent penetrater in a large % being alcohol. Not sure the shampoo method is going to offer much potential

^He gets it! In a topical/local transdermal cream ( *transdermal cream achieve local affect as well) .

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Further Clinical Evidence for the Effect of IGF-1 on Hair Growth and Alopecia.
Trüeb RM1,2.
Author information

Abstract
Observations on the Laron syndrome originally offered the opportunity to explore the effect of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) deficiency on human hair growth and differentiation. According to its expression in the dermal hair papilla, IGF-1 is likely involved in reciprocal signaling. It has been shown to affect follicular proliferation, tissue remodeling, and the hair growth cycle, as well as follicular differentiation, identifying IGF-1 signaling as an important mitogenic and morphogenetic regulator in hair follicle biology. Of all the cytokines or growth factors that have been postulated to play a role in hair follicles, ultimately IGF-1 is known to be regulated by androgens. Accordingly, dermal papillary cells from balding scalp follicles were found to secrete significantly less IGF-1 than their counterparts from nonbalding scalp follicles. Herein, hypotrichosis in primary growth hormone deficiency, and a lack of response of female and male androgenetic-type alopecia to treatment with topical minoxidil and oral finasteride in patients who had undergone surgical resection of the pituitary gland, provide further evidence for an effect of IGF-1 on hair growth and alopecia.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29765966

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Raspberry ketone,I added it to minixodil for a .... a year ? Im not sure, for at least 9 months. Nothing to report. It would be great if more people try it, its cheap, a big dose is not needed.

Last edited:

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda feel like a lot of treatments that had some science/anecdotal evidence behind it, but not a lot of users saw results with, are worth taking another look at while needling.

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda feel like a lot of treatments that had some science/anecdotal evidence behind it, but not a lot of users saw results with, are worth taking another look at while needling.

There is no one size fit all solution in balding. Adding it to the arsenal is not a con. Minoxdil works better with Propecia and Ketoconazole.

Last edited: