a new factor in male pattern baldness?

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
This kind of thing is not warranted or welcomed...if you don't want to fight this, then go away and live a happy life being bald -- there are lots of people who are bald and they continue to live a happy life...

- - - Updated - - -

...OK...this study is interesting and it makes me think...

...Sunlight is necessary for the human body to produce Vitamin D....Now --- here's where I expect to get flamed ---.....Lasers have definately shown to help with hairloss....I built my own laser helmet a few years ago and it DEFINATELY worked for quite a while...the problem is that it is a PAIN IN THE ***!!!....But let's look at this closer -- Lasers are basically monochromatic sunlight...we're directly bombing the follicles locally with lasers....

...get the point??

...so there must be a way to directly inject Vitamin D, or another substance that will elicit Vitamin D production locally at the follicle...

...what about liquid Vitamin D fused with a topical??? Add laser light and we might have something...
Dude its just after i read someone wrote on the forums about cotsarelis saying pgd2 medicine would take 10 years. I just felt sad, the options we have with aa sucks too only propecia and minoxdil that works? what if they dont work? are just gonna sit be sad for the hairs? I really dont wanna give up , and i wanna mantain my norwood 2,5 but still what more can i do?. We are getting closer and better to a cure but does it really matter when its too late?.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Dude its just after i read someone wrote on the forums about cotsarelis saying pgd2 medicine would take 10 years. I just felt sad, the options we have with aa sucks too only propecia and minoxdil that works? what if they dont work? are just gonna sit be sad for the hairs? I really dont wanna give up , and i wanna mantain my norwood 2,5 but still what more can i do?. We are getting closer and better to a cure but does it really matter when its too late?.

Histogen is a couple years away...just because Costeralis said it will take xx amount of years, doesn't mean he speaks for the whole hairloss medical community....We are getting really close to identifying the major players in the game -- we didn't have that understanding before....for me, it's just finding the right key to the lock, cracking the code...and as opposed to just throwing treatments out there, the scientists are getting to the root of the problem...this is a good thing...

baldnesssadness

Established Member
Reaction score
Histogen is a couple years away...just because Costeralis said it will take xx amount of years, doesn't mean he speaks for the whole hairloss medical community....We are getting really close to identifying the major players in the game -- we didn't have that understanding before....for me, it's just finding the right key to the lock, cracking the code...and as opposed to just throwing treatments out there, the scientists are getting to the root of the problem...this is a good thing...

thanks bro .. i appreciate that u explained this.. you know when u have one of those bad days? i just had one . I guess in the end right now histogen is the most relialable.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think a new regrowth agent like minoxidil is certainly possible or even something better then that its just not known yet if things like pgd 2 could lead to that. Its anyone's guess but you certainly cant just dismiss it as impossible.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
thanks bro .. i appreciate that u explained this.. you know when u have one of those bad days? i just had one . I guess in the end right now histogen is the most relialable.

..yeah, I know...but you know what -- I just had lunch outside on a beautiful sunny day here in Edmonton, hot chicks everywhere, young hot waitress....and screw it, I enjoyed the moment, the day....thinning see-through scalp and all....I think the worst part about balding is the process...but once you get there, accept it and enjoy life...the majority of people don't care, so why should you make it worse on yourself than what it actually is??

abitari!!

yassin

Established Member
Reaction score
vitamin D is produced by macrophages , so in some diseases like sarcoidosis ---- macrophages increases the production of vitamin D ------- which leads to significant hypercalcemia and hypercalcuiria
so I guess that vitamin D is not a factor in the pathogenesis of androgenic alopecia . but I guess it's only a by product
we don't treat sarcoidosis by decreasing blood load of vitamin D , but we treat it by corticosteroid therapy which is anti-inflammatory
these researches may lead to a better understanding of the disease ,

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
..yeah, I know...but you know what -- I just had lunch outside on a beautiful sunny day here in Edmonton, hot chicks everywhere, young hot waitress....and screw it, I enjoyed the moment, the day....thinning see-through scalp and all....I think the worst part about balding is the process...but once you get there, accept it and enjoy life...the majority of people don't care, so why should you make it worse on yourself than what it actually is??

abitari!!

Sparx4444 . Enjoy it as much as you can because -45 weather is coming at you really soon!! LOL Where were you? Whyte ,Jasper avenue? I just moved out from Edmonton to Comox Valley British Columbia :) I lived there for 9 years!:salut:

- - - Updated - - -

Balding is more that loosing hair on your pumpkin.. This is why it is a pain in the arse.. PGD2 is over reactive for a reason..your dermi and his environment.. on your scalp is in a chronic state of inflammation.. this is why calcification happens. Like in a Atherosclerotic state..this is why normally when you loose it.. there is no way back. Chronic inflammation is linked to premature aging.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Sparx4444 . Enjoy it as much as you can because -45 weather is coming at you really soon!! LOL Where were you? Whyte ,Jasper avenue? I just moved out from Edmonton to Comox Valley British Columbia :) I lived there for 9 years!:salut:

- - - Updated - - -

Balding is more that loosing hair on your pumpkin.. This is why it is a pain in the arse.. PGD2 is over reactive for a reason..your dermi and his environment.. on your scalp is in a chronic state of inflammation.. this is why calcification happens. Like in a Atherosclerotic state..this is why normally when you loose it.. there is no way back. Chronic inflammation is linked to premature aging.

yeah, no kidding...gonna be nice here for another week so have to enjoy it because it goes south (or north!) fast!! hangin' out on Jasper over lunch on a workday -- oh boy the skirts are sweet!!

...and I agree with you about the inflammation....i do have a lot of issues with my muscles, skin, etc, etc...but my dad is cue ball bald and he has never had any issues with anything -- he is strong like an ox....I work with a guy who is obese and he has like 25 vitamins on his desk that he takes everyday -- but he ain't losing his hair....

...I think one of the biggest piss off's is not knowing why! I think it would be easier to take if I knew why my hair is buggin' out and at least a person can have faith in the efforts made to fix it...but pissin' in the wind really sux!!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee, you are just obsessed with arachidonic acid. What is your solution then? high doses of omega 3?