A naive cloning idea.........

michael barry

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Ive had an idea in my mind concerning cloning for some time and wonder if any docs trolling these pages answering questions could comment on its feasability.

Could stem cells from hair follicles be implanted into the thigh/hip area to allow them to grow to full size before FUE's to be taken from this area to be moved to the scalp?

Why you might ask? Well, I understand that direction is the main problem with cloned follicles and the concern that they may not re-enter anagen after the first telogen phase. My idea could answer both those problems as the surgeon could reimplant the hairs in the correct direction easily and implanted in the body, these hairs likely would have a short first anagen phase to begin with.......when they re-entered anagen it would prove that they could regenerate themselves.

Most men only would need about 6 square inches of hair for the tops of their heads anyway. And hey, you have two thighs so there is plenty of skin space for this. After the hairs are FUE'd out of the thigh donor area, the area could simply be treated with a skin covered tatoo and no one could see there had ever been surgery there. While the hairs were growing on the leg, the patient would have to obviously shave the leg area about every other day. Ingrown hairs would simply have to be electrolysised or pulled out.

Any docs out there think that this is a viable idea? Could skin be taken from the thigh and used in the lab to "grow" stem cell hair on, or could it not be kept alive away from the body?

Just thinkin' outloud......any suggestions on this?