A Month Shy From 18 Years Old, Am I Already Balding?

misterman117

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

A few months ago i noticed my hairline was pushed back a bit, but i didnt really think much about it. I also now have noticed other things. The front right side of my scalp is thinned, and i have a bald spot on both sides of my head. Any ideas on how bad it is, and or what caused it? I really dont know what to do.
This is what my head looks like imgur.com/a/AOYqU

Thanks!

shookwun

Reaction score
Unfortunately you are.

entirely genetic.

Book an appointment with your doctor, and get a prescription of proscar/finasteride.

good luck

g.i joey

Reaction score
jesus christ, u look young as hell... def male pattern baldness but noone would notice at this point..

you're young as hell, doctors advise their patients to wait until 18 to take finasteride. I personally think its still to young, but if you're up for it, it would def be best bet.

Or, if you want to be on the safe side of things id recommend minoxidil for 6-12 months, assess your progress and then hop on finasteride.

Sorry you noticed at such a young age. For what its worth i was probably balding by 17-18 but only noticed at 22.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would told my 17 self to jump on propecia to avoid the horror of hairloss , and having a great life without thinking about it , but you look very young bro, you probably got some more growth to come . So propecia might be unsafe for now .

misterman117

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately you are.

entirely genetic.

Book an appointment with your doctor, and get a prescription of proscar/finasteride.

good luck

Will finasteride/proscar regrow my hair, or will it just stop me from further balding?

misterman117

My Regimen
Reaction score
jesus christ, u look young as hell... def male pattern baldness but noone would notice at this point..

you're young as hell, doctors advise their patients to wait until 18 to take finasteride. I personally think its still to young, but if you're up for it, it would def be best bet.

Or, if you want to be on the safe side of things id recommend minoxidil for 6-12 months, assess your progress and then hop on finasteride.

Sorry you noticed at such a young age. For what its worth i was probably balding by 17-18 but only noticed at 22.

What measures did you take when you finally noticed it?

misterman117

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would told my 17 self to jump on propecia to avoid the horror of hairloss , and having a great life without thinking about it , but you look very young bro, you probably got some more growth to come . So propecia might be unsafe for now .

What can you recommend i do then? I really wish i didnt have to worry but its always on my mind. I haven't even started going to college and im already balding.

g.i joey

Reaction score
What measures did you take when you finally noticed it?

my brother was on finasteride for years, so i kind of expected it but kept saying "maybe it'll skip me". I eventually hopped on finasteride at 23, now im 24 and prob took about a 1 month break in august-september which really set me back alot. I do regret nt starting earlier, but i wouldnt start at 18

shookwun

Reaction score
Will finasteride/proscar regrow my hair, or will it just stop me from further balding?
it will strengthen and regrow miniaturized hairs, depending on how weak, and strong they are.

Most importantly it will maintain you hair for most people.

Minioxidil will help pump blood, and nutrients to the follicles.

Most important medication is finasteride...... which will inhibit the DHT.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Harsh realtily for you man. Sorry you have to go through it so young.

The finasteride will slow the balding down a lot. I take 1.25mg daily of proscar. Might thinken the crown a bit but not much. Take it with minoxidil and nizoral shampoo. put money away for a hair transplant lol.

That's pretty much all anyone can do.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually say that one has to keep hair at all costs, but you look really young (No offence, OP). You should ask a doctor (or maybe two or three), whether it is ok for you to take Finasteride.

misterman117

My Regimen
Reaction score
it will strengthen and regrow miniaturized hairs, depending on how weak, and strong they are.

Most importantly it will maintain you hair for most people.

Minioxidil will help pump blood, and nutrients to the follicles.

Most important medication is finasteride...... which will inhibit the DHT.

In terms of styling, what do you reccomend? Should i keep it short even with the high-ish hairline, or keep it long and comb over the bald spots?

misterman117

My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually say that one has to keep hair at all costs, but you look really young (No offence, OP). You should ask a doctor (or maybe two or three), whether it is ok for you to take Finasteride.

In terms of styling, what do you reccomend? Should i keep it short even with the high-ish hairline, or keep it long and comb over the bald spots?
Harsh realtily for you man. Sorry you have to go through it so young.

The finasteride will slow the balding down a lot. I take 1.25mg daily of proscar. Might thinken the crown a bit but not much. Take it with minoxidil and nizoral shampoo. put money away for a hair transplant lol.

That's pretty much all anyone can do.

shookwun

Reaction score
faded sides, and short up top, but grown out bangs.

Like a crew cut,......

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I fade the sides and keep length on top and do a hairline combover.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1597.PNG
    IMG_1597.PNG
    549.7 KB · Views: 227