A man’s story of growth and loss

Brunsen

Reaction score
Getting back into the swing of things. A man’s story of growth and loss.

The growth

Hello everyone. Long time subscriber. I don’t think I’ve ever posted.

My story is a lot like everyone else’s on this forum. I noticed from an early age (18) that my hair was starting to thin in the temporal area. Being very consciousness about my physical appearance (I’ve never had a great amount of self-esteem) and especially my hair, I investigated every possible option. From Rogaine, visiting the Bosley Medical Institute for Hair Restoration at 18 (LMAO!) , and even Hair Club for Men. I hated the feeling of anxiety I would get at having now power to keep my hair.

One day I stumbled across this site and decided to purchase generic Proscar and Propecia.

Here are the photo’s I took the day I made the decision to fight back. I was 26 years old.

My regime consisted of Nizarol 1 %, and 1mg of brand or generic finasteride. I would on occasion buy the real brand as my pharmacist friends always advised that generics are not legally obligated to contain 100% of the brand name ingredient (only 80%). I did not use minoxidil.

These photos are roughly 12-24 months on in my HR adventure…before things went south in my personal life. As you can see, my hair quality and density improved dramatically.

Before 2007: http://imageshack.us/g/217/before5v.jpg/
12 Months: http://imageshack.us/g/860/12months2.jpg/
18 Months: http://imageshack.us/g/851/18months5.jpg/
24 Months: http://imageshack.us/g/714/24months.jpg/

The loss

Two years ago my wife of seven years left me. As a result, I went through the typical period of denial and depression, followed by the relief of being a bachelor, only to realize I needed to give this relationship crap another chance. I threw away the misogynist mentality out the window.

Long story short, I met an amazing young lady (25 years of age- Masters degree, awesome personality, probably between a 7-8 on the Richter Scale) ...made a couple of mistakes and lost her a month later. I was devastated. My social, emotional, and physical body had atrophied so much in the two years I was single. I was unrecognizable. Since then I’ve ‘Killed Beatrice,’ worked on my ‘inner game,’ my outward appearance, and recently got back into the battle with my hair loss as I stopped taking finasteride two years ago (I’m somewhere between 24 months and before). I’m going through a transformation of every aspect of my life and I like the direction I’m headed.

I’m now 34 and my current regime is:

Nizarol 1% (4x week)
Nizarol 2% (3x week)
Rogaine Foam (every morning)
Kirkland Minoxidil 5% (every evening)
finasteride 1mg daily
I hike on a daily basis and circuit train with free weights (15 and 20 lbs) (plus the occasional P90X).

I’ll post a current photo of my hair tomorrow when I have more time.

I hope this is as cathartic as it is beneficial and I make a few friends along the way.

Feel free to ask any questions you want.

BTW - How do I embed photos?

Ryansworld11

Reaction score
Great improvements mate! I know the feeling of hitting bottom phyically and mentally, alot of it coming from hair loss and women, no one wants to be young losing their hair, its a damaging blow to self-eesteem and confidence with the ladies. Your hair looks much better than baseline pictures, all the thinning areas has thickened up nicely, would you say you've regained all of your lost hair? Would you say your lifestyle changes has aided with the results?

6 months ago I was in great physically condition, training 4 days a week and eating healthy, I let it slip as we all do and my hair has thinned slightly, regardless of no change in my regime (big 3) which makes me wonder if our lifestyles can increase the aggressive behaviour of male pattern baldness.

Good luck with your future success in all aspects! :bravo:

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Nice job on the hair, I hope it keeps up and continues getting better.

As for women, might do you some good to read something like Roissy's blog.

Rawtashk

Reaction score
To embed pictures you put
after

T

TravisB

OhioGuy said:
Amazing transformation! Congrats on winning the battle!

Haha, he didn't win any battle. He is winning as long as he takes finasteride. If he continue to take it, he'll become the woman with a nice hair. Now THAT will be a problem. He'll get scared, stop taking finasteride, and then BOOM! The hair will be lost.
That's the thing with current hair loss treatments. They are sh*t, they work as long as you use them, and on top of that, they are very likely to give you a limp dick and other serious conditions .

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Great. You're doing a good job at being constructive.

Is this pure frustration from your own experience or just being jealous because this guy has had success?

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah any updates? did u lose hair when you stopped the regimen? how bad did it get?

P.S. her loss that she left you