A Little Help . 16 Years Old And Hair Loss :'(

Rithik

My Regimen
Reaction score
So until last year I had a perfect head of hair . Thick wavy hair which was sexy af . People used to complement me a lot for my hair especially when it was messy <3
. But in the months of November to February , I was under a lot of extreme stress ( emotional and existential). And by February I had noticed that I had lost a lot of hair near my crowns . My father had hairloss but in his late 40s and my brother who is about 19 now , has a aptetty good hairline. My Doctor recommended me against minoxidol and finasteride for my age . He prescribed some protein supplements and suggested normal hair fall shampoo. I'm attaching a few pictures of my hairline. Please suggest , I looked pretty okay before. I look ugly af with my hairline now . Im just 16 and it's a huge drop to my confidence :'(

Attachments

• IMG_20170618_110028.jpg
    IMG_20170618_110028.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_20170618_110020.jpg
    IMG_20170618_110020.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 225

Matt65

My Regimen
Reaction score
So until last year I had a perfect head of hair . Thick wavy hair which was sexy af . People used to complement me a lot for my hair especially when it was messy <3
. But in the months of November to February , I was under a lot of extreme stress ( emotional and existential). And by February I had noticed that I had lost a lot of hair near my crowns . My father had hairloss but in his late 40s and my brother who is about 19 now , has a aptetty good hairline. My Doctor recommended me against minoxidol and finasteride for my age . He prescribed some protein supplements and suggested normal hair fall shampoo. I'm attaching a few pictures of my hairline. Please suggest , I looked pretty okay before. I look ugly af with my hairline now . Im just 16 and it's a huge drop to my confidence :'(
I do see some recession around the temple areas. What did your dermatology tell you?Did he tell you it was male pattern baldness.

Rithik

My Regimen
Reaction score
He told that it maybe my mature hairline and prescribed a tablet called curlzvit . I looked it up and they were just supplements .
And dude , "some " recession . Feels like a lot !!! I feel too conscious about it cuz everyone around me has perfect hairlines and I'm the only guy with a receeding hairline

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil on the hairline and nizoral 2% shampoo twice a week. Hit up the propecia when you're 20.

james555

Reaction score
You're too young for worrying about this stuff, but it's understandable, that's why we are all kind of here in a way.

I think your doctor in this rare instance is right, going on those drugs can mess with your hormones as you are still growing age, and you probably can resolve the problem in the first place.

You said you did go through a stressful stage - this does affect hair loss. Whilst I cannot point to any studies like some people in the forum would like me to point towards, I am talking about my experience, and my friends and family who I have helped go through this. You need to stop worrying so this does not turn into anxiety, which actually will contribute to speeding up the hair loss.

Wait until you are older if you want to try the other things everyone uses, but I suggest go on a exercise plan, go running/jogging. Get your anxiety and emotional stress sorted by doing more exercise, and stop over thinking.

Also read this article here - it talks about how you can care for your scalp, and detox your body which can affect your hormones - again, this isn't a cure, but it can still support you. The more things you do towards your end goal, the better chances to eliminate the cause.

Your hairline seems fine, and cannot tell if it is hair loss, or just a natural hairline (like another user said above). So I hope you find this useful. There are quite a few experienced people on the drug aspect, but I also suggest listening to your doctor and waiting that out, you likely won't need it if you manage yourself well in my opinion.

Norwoodcemetary

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn bro...im 32 and my hairline is just a bit worse than urs...its so unfair for this to happen to u at ur age...try ru try minoxidil...do something......