A Great Story

Reaction score
Well...I just thought I would stop back by and share my success with everyone in this forum. I remember when I first started dealing with hairloss and how angry and scared I was and how much time I spent in these forums and how badly I wanted someone to post some good news that related to me. Even now it is difficult to return to these forum. As a previous poster so accurately stated, it is much like a wounded soldier returning to the battlefiled. Well, enough similies, now to my story. My story started 9 months ago right around my 23rd birthday. It was also right around my college graduation. I got a haircut for graduation, much shorter than I had in the past and I noticed that my hair had thinned immensely. However, it wasn't a receded hairline, it was the accursed diffused thinning. It seemed to come on in an instand and progress even faster. Before I knew it It was so thin that you could see my scalp in the front and I could no longer style my hair like I wanted. The hairloss consumed my life. I no longer wanted to go out or meet with friends and I didn't feel that I deserved my girlfriend, who is amazing and amazingly beautiful. It didn't make matters better that my dad is completely bald as is his brother. I started looking for cures and stumbled upon most of the fakes out there, the most lamentable of which was pr0cerin. I tried pr0cerin for about 3 weeks before the users on this forum convinced me it was crap. Switching from Pr0cerin was the best move I ever made. I then switched to Propecia. It is now about 9 months later and my hair is much thicker and you can no longer even tell I am balding. Although it has never and probably will never completely return to its golden days, I can now style my hair like I want and mess it up and no one can tell that It was ever thin. My girl friend has commented on how it looks much thicker and even people who dont know that I am on any meds say it looks like it thickened up. The funny thing is, the change was so gradual that I never even noticed it thickening up and even stranger is the fact that my hairloss continued. I still loose quite a few hairs when ever i run my fingers through it, and I loose about 20-30 hairs when I dry myself after my shower. The key thing to remember is not how many hairs you loose, but how many of those grow back. I am now no longer on this forum and haven't logged on in about 4 months. I can now live my life, at least for another few years without worrying about it. The thing is I dont mind going bald, i really dont, I just dont want it to be at 23. Also, about 2 months ago i switched from propecia to finpecia to save money and nothing at all has changed. Well...that is my story and I hope that it has provided some inspiration and encouragement for those who are in the situation that I was in 9 months ago. I will try my best to answer any questions that you have. One more thing, and i realize that it is hard to remember this when you are loosing hair. Hell, my hairloss completely overtook me. but remember, if you are a man who has confidence and demands respect, you will still be that man with or without hair. Girls dont care if you have no hair, a small penis, or a hairy butt. What they do care about is self-confidence and charisma and they can smell self doubt a mile away. If you honestly dont care about your hair loss and exude that quality to others, they wont care either. Good luck.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's probably the most inspirational thing I've read on here!

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back and tell your story.

You sound pretty similar to me in that, I don't care about going bald - but not when I'm 26 (my age now) ! I also have diffuse thinning and have started propecia recently so I'm feeling really positive now, thanks.

Have a nice life!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree, its great to hear a success story.

There is so much struggle and sad stories on here and good ones like this give us all hope.

Hope your success continues for many years to come.

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks for bringing back some good news!

adgates81

Reaction score
I am greatly inspired by your story. I have been on finpecia since May 06, and started using Nizoral twice a week and nioxin Jan 07. I have not been seeing results, but am hoping if i continue with the regimin it will eventually turn around. I am seriously thinking of adding rogaine foam, but am scared of the shedding period...I guess now is better than later. Again thanks for the story.

Riordan

Reaction score
i like and admire the attitude.you have come to terms with baldness, yet you don't give up the hairloss battle, and you have managed to build a strong wall of inner confidence. you inspire a lot of people, and you probly don't realize that you have the power to inspire others in many different ways.

you go brother and have a successful happy life!

Wisdom

Reaction score
its a nice story. I have a great girlfriend too who says she'll never leave me even if i go bald. I still wouldnt like to though - probably because none of my mates are

Reaction score
Well, I just thought I would stop back by and give some more words of encouragement as well as an update on my situation. To my suprise my hair continues to improve with only the use of finpecia (still no annoying rogaine) and it has thickened up so much that it almost looks back to normal. I used to keep my hair long in the back to cover up my thinning middle and there was no way in hell i would have ever gone swimming in public. In fact, my family was planning a trip to the bahamas which I was planning on skipping out on due to the fear of people fully realizing i was balding. However, my hair is now fairly short all over and I can spike it up without having to use thickening shampoo and the greatest of all, the trip to the bahamas is rolling around and I am now looking forward to it with no fear at all (that is truly incredible). The reason I am posting this update is not to brag of my success, but to emphasize the point that these treatments take time. In fact, I never even noticed a difference. It was subtle that one day I just looked in the mirror and said "damn, when did that happen". So please guys, give these treatments time, at least a year before you quit. And whatever you do, don't let the baldness overtake you like I almost did. I cannot stress enough that If you have confidence in yourself and exhibit this confidence outwardly it won't matter to anyone whether you have hair or not. However, if you are afraid and let the baldness take control everyone in the world will notice and you will never be able to escape. To conclude, good luck with all your treatments and don't give up too soon. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them and I will try to report back in about 6 months with any new developments. Lastly, for the love of GOD don't take Pr0cerin. It is the biggest rip off of all time. Stick to the BIG 3 and you will do fine. GOOD LUCK!!!!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback. However there was no need for a self-confidence lecture. Even Taug would be having ALOT more self-confidence when his hair gets much better.

Reaction score
fair enough, no more self-confidence lectures. Although I do that it would have made me feel a lot better to read something like that a year ago.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah Yeah, he'll be back when it stars to get thinner :) Just Kiddin but really happy for you bro. If only I could convince myself that society thinks "bald is beautiful".

Again congrats on your results and overcoming your fear.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
leonbelmontsam said:
fair enough, no more self-confidence lectures. Although I do that it would have made me feel a lot better to read something like that a year ago.

I am happy for you but sometimes its hard to convince others to feel the same when some of them are really struggling to regrow or maintain their hair. Hope your hair get better and better!

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm really glad that it's working out for you, and I totally understand your moment of bliss and enlightment that comes a long when you feel your problems are being resolved. Enjoy it FULLY while it lasts and have no regrets, especially over the decision of treatment, because it bought you some more time to be your old self.

But it is now you can finally think straight. This is the proper time to make sure you make a new set of priorities that don't involve shallowness, and stick to them.

I wish I did that when I noticed my improvement, I was so glad that I got caught up and set the re-evaluation of my life to the side and just enjoyed the moment for what it was worth, a short time with peace of mind. And then I found myself in the same situation as before, and the insecurity hell started all over again.

The best advice that I have come to during my time here:

- Don't postpone acceptance.

- Make sure that this truth of self confidence is instilled within you.

Because it's HARD to accept something when you're already down and it's not your choice. MAKE it your choice now that you are standing proud and in a good place.

Tie up all the loose strings in your life and prepare for an inevitable showdown where your loved ones must see you and accept you for who you really are.

The wounded soldier - Back in battle but now a veteran and preparing (hopefully) to move on for good.

Read my story: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Bash said:
I'm really glad that it's working out for you, and I totally understand your moment of bliss and enlightment that comes a long when you feel your problems are being resolved. Enjoy it FULLY while it lasts and have no regrets, especially over the decision of treatment, because it bought you some more time to be your old self.

But it is now you can finally think straight. This is the proper time to make sure you make a new set of priorities that don't involve shallowness, and stick to them.

I wish I did that when I noticed my improvement, I was so glad that I got caught up and set the re-evaluation of my life to the side and just enjoyed the moment for what it was worth, a short time with peace of mind. And then I found myself in the same situation as before, and the insecurity hell started all over again.

The best advice that I have come to during my time here:

- Don't postpone acceptance.

- Make sure that this truth of self confidence is instilled within you.

Because it's HARD to accept something when you're already down and it's not your choice. MAKE it your choice now that you are standing proud and in a good place.

Tie up all the loose strings in your life and prepare for an inevitable showdown where your loved ones must see you and accept you for who you really are.

The wounded soldier - Back in battle but now a veteran and preparing (hopefully) to move on for good.

Read my story: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... highlight=

well said brother

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Great story, I'm happy for you, damn right it sucks to lose it when u are 23. God bless the 21th century for the Internet and its information.

But man, peep this :

U wanna get a lower cost rate for your treatments right?

Get proscar instead of propecia/finpecia !!!!!

Proscar = 5mg finasteride

Propecia = 1mg of finasteride

There are plenty of adresses you can find on the forum.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Forgot to say :

You got to split it in 5 of course