A Gosh Darn shedding question!

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
For the last time! Do people who 'respond' well to finasteride quit shedding even their daily 50-100 hair (which they say is considered normal) ?..

i know male pattern baldness doesnt have as much to do with shedding as it does with regrowth in tune with that shedding but i'm just wondering if anybody at all here is doing well on finasteride despite shedding 50-70 hair everyday.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course not.

The 70-100 hairs that are shed every day are normal hairs ending their current cycle.

You can't stop shedding full-stop.

But when we're talking about 'shedding' shedding (on Propecia, minoxidil, both...), it's just many more hairs being forced into the end of their cycles at the same time.

Once these occasional 'super sheds' grow back the hair, that hair will continue to shed at the end of its cycle, but back in the regular pattern as your normal hair does.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
thats just what i dont get. my friends who dont have male pattern baldness. according to them, they dont notice a 'single' hair when they shampoo or throughout the day!..so where do their share of the 70-100 normal daily shed hair go!?

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
They don't notice because they aren't looking for it. They are not concerned like we are. Period.

jeffsss

Reaction score
cook'n'milkies said:
They don't notice because they aren't looking for it. They are not concerned like we are. Period.

dunno about that.

all the hairs i lose are long.. just so happens the long hairs are on the top of my head.

I rarely find a short hair.. and i look for them..