a good time to add minoxidil to the regimen?

junior_senior

Reaction score
I'm going to start taking finasteride. pretty soon here, probably next week, and I'm a little curious as to when I should start taking minoxidil. Should I take the finasteride. for about one year before adding the minoxidil to make sure finasteride's working? My concern is that I don't want to start both intitially; I'd like to be able to discern whether one is working over the other.

also: I'm a diffuse thinner, all over the top of my head. I've noticed very slight receding the last 5 years: a lesser of concerns. The general thinning is tha main problem.

Any advice would help.

Cheers.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I would hold off on the minoxidil... You don't want to suffer 2 sheds at one time and make it look like you're going bald. I waited 10 months until I added minoxidil, and it's been very worth it.

Anderz

Reaction score
Wheter or not you experience initial shedds from minoxidil or fina -

..one could prevent shedding caused by the other.

..one could do you no good at all.

- doing both will probably produce faster results.

doubleplay

Established Member
Reaction score
i am diffuse as well and you'd be surprised how much you can lose in 9 months. If there are thinning areas that are a few steps away from being eye sores then double up, if you still have pretty good density then try the finasteride first.

exstatic

Reaction score
If you want to regrow hair straight away, and its already noticable that you have male pattern baldness, id suggest get on the minoxidil, but if your male pattern baldness isnt that bad, then just try the finasteride.