A good brand of microneedler/dermaneedler?

Bstatic

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to buy a microneedler machine (not a roller) to try on my scalp and also to try and smooth out some scars. I want one that has different length needles or a way to adjust them as I feel like I would need 3mm for my scars and then 1.5 for my hair and maybe even less for skin wrinkles or acne scars.

I feel like a brand that plugs into the wall is going to be best by far. I am curious what brand the, "MorePlatesMoreDates" guy uses and what brands you guys have found to be best.

What can you dilute RU with and how little is effective?

Last edited:

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro you shower in RU?? Wtf? Is this legit lol. I have personally never heard of that, you need to avoid eye contact which is impossible in the shower. You should consider making a solution with it instead. The needling devices that are forums favourites are D2 derminator.com thats the one derek uses. And dr pen A7 which can be purchased on Amazon. D2 is arguably the highest quality, but is slower and is chord attached. A7 is cheaper, wireless, goes faster so takes less than 30min with D2. Both can go do various depth and used anywhere.

Bstatic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro you shower in RU?? Wtf? Is this legit lol. I have personally never heard of that, you need to avoid eye contact which is impossible in the shower. You should consider making a solution with it instead. The needling devices that are forums favourites are D2 derminator.com thats the one derek uses. And dr pen A7 which can be purchased on Amazon. D2 is arguably the highest quality, but is slower and is chord attached. A7 is cheaper, wireless, goes faster so takes less than 30min with D2. Both can go do various depth and used anywhere.

Bstatic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I just found out it is not for showering. Luckily I didn't get any in my eyes.

jazz1

Reaction score
I have used expensive ones like DR roller, the recent one I bought doesn’t pull my hair when long, ZGTS.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried various dermarollers hand & electric. The hand ones are pretty good
I use a .5mm 1.0mm, 1.5mm.
To avoid pulling and tangling hair I use titanium 540 Premium Micro derma roller.
1.5 is sharp & really all you need.
I have a expensive electric derma pen but the needle aren’t very sharp.
RU is just another topical in the androgen/DHT regimen. I use it with other topicals. It’s no miracle, but it helps.
Off subject... Lecithin for some reason helps all around hair health I found. Don’t ask me why.

Bstatic

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I am going to go with the derminator 2 mostly because it has a cheat mode where I can go to 3mm depth which may be needed for some bad burn marks I have that I might need to go that deep with. I mean it's the price of a single scar revision treatment done by a tattoo artist.

To be honest I am definitely torn between the DrPen A7 and the derminator 2. I could return the DrPen A7 but it really is not a ton less expensive and I really might need that depth. Not to mention my scars are really tough skin. I am going to assume the D2 derminator is a better motor? Anyone have both?

Back to my hairloss, I might end up trying Setipiprant next rather than order RU58841 from China. My main go to for awhile is going to be ZIX though because I don't have much hairloss in my family at all but I am on testosterone replacement therapy from alcohol, staying awake too long and being prescribed pain killers so without my replacement therapy I probably do not produce much DHT but I can't work a physical job or do much of anything with my hormones totally crashed. So I am just worried about prolonged TRT causing my hairloss as it seems to of had some affect and it is more like a patchy type of hairloss than just receding :S

RU, Nizoral and lowering DHT with finasteride seemed to actually work quite well for my hair so far. A tiny bit of shedding (pulled out five hairs) as I just started but they're a few new hairs in the middle of my front! Not sure if I just didn't notice them before but they do seem thinner than usual.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I am going to go with the derminator 2 mostly because it has a cheat mode where I can go to 3mm depth which may be needed for some bad burn marks I have that I might need to go that deep with. I mean it's the price of a single scar revision treatment done by a tattoo artist.

To be honest I am definitely torn between the DrPen A7 and the derminator 2. I could return the DrPen A7 but it really is not a ton less expensive and I really might need that depth. Not to mention my scars are really tough skin. I am going to assume the D2 derminator is a better motor? Anyone have both?

Back to my hairloss, I might end up trying Setipiprant next rather than order RU58841 from China. My main go to for awhile is going to be ZIX though because I don't have much hairloss in my family at all but I am on testosterone replacement therapy from alcohol, staying awake too long and being prescribed pain killers so without my replacement therapy I probably do not produce much DHT but I can't work a physical job or do much of anything with my hormones totally crashed. So I am just worried about prolonged TRT causing my hairloss as it seems to of had some affect and it is more like a patchy type of hairloss than just receding :S

RU, Nizoral and lowering DHT with finasteride seemed to actually work quite well for my hair so far. A tiny bit of shedding (pulled out five hairs) as I just started but they're a few new hairs in the middle of my front! Not sure if I just didn't notice them before but they do seem thinner than usual.
A7 is 60$..... Sounds like what you are doing is good enough tbh, stay with it for 6months and evaluate your results. You don't need to be adding things to your regimen so quick. Dont need to go for seti its useless and does sh*t all.

Bstatic

My Regimen
Reaction score
A7 is 60$..... Sounds like what you are doing is good enough tbh, stay with it for 6months and evaluate your results. You don't need to be adding things to your regimen so quick. Dont need to go for seti its useless and does sh*t all.
It says it is $179 on the Dr. Pen website and it also says only buy from their website. I mean maybe it's in Canadian dollars???

Bstatic

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried various dermarollers hand & electric. The hand ones are pretty good
To avoid pulling and tangling hair I use titanium 540 Premium Micro derma roller.
RU is just another topical in the androgen/DHT regimen. I use it with other topicals. It’s no miracle, but it helps.
Off subject... Lecithin for some reason helps all around hair health I found. Don’t ask me why.
Lecithin oral or topical?

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It says it is $179 on the Dr. Pen website and it also says only buy from their website. I mean maybe it's in Canadian dollars???
I posted this a couple of days ago on min+derma threat.

FYI for anyone who is buying Dr. Pen. It is in fact a dropshipping item. Amazon dropshippers resell it on amazon and the "official" store is just a shopify shop that gets the pen from aliexpress. So if that is what you are buying go to aliexpress and get them for ~60USD$
screen-shot-2020-10-29-at-5-36-12-pm-png.png

doc_vinyard

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used a Dr. Pen M8 with a 16 needle cartridge for the first time last week and it was much less painful to use than the Dr. Pen A6 12 needle cartridge that I've used in the past. The M8 is supposed to have the thinnest needles that are available in a dermapen. So I compared the M8 cartridges with the A6 cartridges under a USB microscope. Here's what that looked like:

S20201029_0002.jpg

The cartridge on the upper left is the M8 16 needle cartridge that came with the M8 pen. The upper right cartridge is also a M8 16 needle cartridge but it is a replacement cartridge that I purchased separately. The original M8 cartridge that came with the pen is indeed very sharp and thin and tapered for about a third of the length of the needles. The replacement M8 cartridge is slightly inferior in that it does not appear to be tapered to the same extent of the original M8 cartridge. The cartridge at the bottom is an A6 cartridge.

I used the M8 16 needle cartridge at 1.5mm depth and then washed it and put it back under the microscope again:

S20201030_0001.jpg

Looks just as sharp as before. I don't see any reason not to use it again. I wonder how many times I can use it before it becomes dull or bent.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is owndoc still the main dermaneedling supplier? They are the sketchiest site on the internet. Fake doctor, fake reviews, fake everything except the actual product. Insecure and defensive responses to questions under the fake doctor sarah vaughtner, doxxing of skeptical customers because of the blatant lies and dropshipping of chinese mass-made products outside of the derminator which probably uses chinese needles. It is the weirdest place on the internet and it's crazy that they're STILL somehow one of the only few places to get a 'good' needling device.

Dr pen works fine for what you want to do, i wouldn't bother with owndoc and their special staff.

jazz1

Reaction score
ZGTS, I have tried expensive ones like Dr roller but this one does not pull my hair.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting about lectithin. Anyone have thoughts on why that might be? What kind of 'hair health' do you mean? Is it growing thicker? Regrowing? Falling less?

Bstatic

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting about lectithin. Anyone have thoughts on why that might be? What kind of 'hair health' do you mean? Is it growing thicker? Regrowing? Falling less?
It might work similar to how castor oil works and that works very well if you can tolerate low amounts.

I would of bought the Dr. Pen but their address is fake and I thought I had bought one but it never shipped... Still waiting on the derminator but I am not too worried about it arriving and I feel like it'll work better on my burn mark scars. If I was just doing my head I would use the dr.pen probably but not from their website.

Bstatic

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I panicked over my hairloss and I wasn't losing hair but I actually look like I gained some extra hair lol. Great to learn all this just in case or so I can pass it on.