"a few years away"

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:
I still think 2010 is more realistic in the UK, but 2012 not in Britain but for the US. Maybe a better version in 2012 comes out. We won't really know until Phase II data is given out to us.

Even if it does come out in 2010, are you gonna be one of the first in line to get it? I sure wouldn't want to have had hair transplants when they first became available.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I will try my best to be one of the first ones Optimist. Hopefully, by 2010 I have enough money to get it with my career. I want it badly, I always wanted to grow my hair long. We won't know the results until later.

hair transplant is very different from HM, it's a similiar method but you are injecting cells that will induce hair growth and make new hairs. I'm sure they're finding out methods now with Phase II. The results so far were confusing. But the PDF shows they're making progress. Another part mentioned in the PDF was they got the robot up and working.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:
I will try my best to be one of the first ones Optimist. Hopefully, by 2010 I have enough money to get it with my career. I want it badly, I always wanted to grow my hair long. We won't know the results until later.

hair transplant is very different from HM, it's a similiar method but you are injecting cells that will induce hair growth and make new hairs. I'm sure they're finding out methods now with Phase II. The results so far were confusing. But the PDF shows they're making progress. Another part mentioned in the PDF was they got the robot up and working.

Well I hope it comes soon and I hope the first round works well. I think the fact that it is regulated will mean that their should be a high degree of safety. I'll be waiting anxiously to hear the stories of you and others who are on the front line.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
If I do get it and works, I'll post if I'll still be posting here in whatever time it comes out. I'm looking forward to this. Let Intercytex take their time, I've got things to take care of.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, something to consider... this is being regulated as a "drug".
Medical procedures are not regulated by the FDA.
So presumably, we will be much farther along in safety and testing HM than they were when the first transplants were performed. There were no phase I - III tests for transplants.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
How is it being regulated as a drug? You're using your own cells.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
jakeb said:
Also, something to consider... this is being regulated as a "drug".
Medical procedures are not regulated by the FDA.
So presumably, we will be much farther along in safety and testing HM than they were when the first transplants were performed. There were no phase I - III tests for transplants.

Good point, As it's going through FDA's (Food and Drug Administration) thorough testing there will be a much greater chance of instant success unlike the hair transplant when that first came out.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right Aplunk, it's going to be a while.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
DaSand said:
Yeah, you're right Aplunk, it's going to be a while.

Precisely-- that's not to say that it's impossible.

Waiting and dreaming is something we shouldn't be concerned about. Making due in life without hair is an admirable challenge, far more worthy than living one WITH hair.