A few things...

stanley2005

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I’ve been a long time reader of the forum and finally decided to post.
I’m 21 years old and live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I’ve been thinning all over the top, with no (on minimal) hairline recession for about 2 years.
I tried minoxidil a couple of times, but quit cause I hated having to apply it twice a day, especially in the morning.
The thinning is not yet noticeable for the untrained eye.
I’ve decided to take propecia. I already have a 2-month supply but still haven’t popped the first pill. I’m very afraid of massive shedding (maybe the thinning becomes noticeable and here in Argentina we don’t have Toppik, Couvre or Dermmatch).
I've been taking Centrum vitamins for a couple of months.
When I finally do pop the first propecia pill, should I also start with Nizoral? I ask cause currently I don’t have any itch or sebum problem.
Well, that’s it, thanks.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert on the subject yet, but from what I've heard about Nizoral has been almost nothing but good. I used to have an itchy scalp, but the Nizoral really helped with that. It is also a mild antiandrogen as well.

VWdude

Reaction score
you don't know until you try... give it a shot.

dw99

Reaction score
while your making up your mind about the propecia, go ahead and start using the nizoral. it's the stuff that sets the stage for kicking male pattern baldness in the proverbial nuts. it will clean up your scalp and get it in good shape (even if you have no seb derm of dandruff) and is pretty much risk free, and it's a mild anitandrogen as Full Head of Hair mentioned. just make sure you use it in moderation (once every 2-3 days) so that you don't totally dry out your scalp.

good luck!

The Gardener

Reaction score
Definitely start up the Nizoral, and use it 2-3 times a week. It's a relatively inexpensive component of a regimen and is a good foundation for scalp health and a mild anti-androgen to boot.

Hold off on minoxidil. I don't think minoxidil is right for your hairloss pattern. If you start to develop a 'bald spot' then consider adding in, but I would try the Propecia. It should thicken up your existing hair and make the hair diameter up top more comparable to that of the hair on the sides of your head.