A few questions

G

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/gooner_yddo

I started propecia on April 24th 2003 and have been on it for 3 months and 16 days now - taking the required 1mg a day. I've also been using minoxidil on the hairline for 3 months and shampooing with Nizoral.

I've heard many people say that 24/25 is too young to get a hair transplant but if a person has tried the best proven treatments that are out there and has used them for a year and they havent worked like he had hoped or had given him the improvement he was looking for, then surgery is the only answer.

As far as I'm concerned, if the treatments don't work, then without surgery I would be doomed & living an unhappy life. I do have a plan - within 2 years I want to have the hair I had when I was 20/21 (only 2/3 years ago you know!) whether it's been aided by surgery or not. Obviously I hope I won't have to go down this road, hoping that the propecia does the job but if it doesn't then I would have no choice. Unless you or other experts tell me that it could harm me healthwise.

If it does come to getting a hair transplant to fill-in what I cannot get back, then I will obviously have to travel to the US because I've heard various things about the UK that don't really sound to inviting. I also want to be as dicreet as possible, so telling my family about it isnt even an option for me. That would be a big 'no'.

What is your opinion on this situation?

thanks.

G

Gunner said:
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/gooner_yddo

I started propecia on April 24th 2003 and have been on it for 3 months and 16 days now - taking the required 1mg a day. I've also been using minoxidil on the hairline for 3 months and shampooing with Nizoral.

I've heard many people say that 24/25 is too young to get a hair transplant but if a person has tried the best proven treatments that are out there and has used them for a year and they havent worked like he had hoped or had given him the improvement he was looking for, then surgery is the only answer.

As far as I'm concerned, if the treatments don't work, then without surgery I would be doomed & living an unhappy life. I do have a plan - within 2 years I want to have the hair I had when I was 20/21 (only 2/3 years ago you know!) whether it's been aided by surgery or not. Obviously I hope I won't have to go down this road, hoping that the propecia does the job but if it doesn't then I would have no choice. Unless you or other experts tell me that it could harm me healthwise.

If it does come to getting a hair transplant to fill-in what I cannot get back, then I will obviously have to travel to the US because I've heard various things about the UK that don't really sound to inviting. I also want to be as dicreet as possible, so telling my family about it isnt even an option for me. That would be a big 'no'.

What is your opinion on this situation?

thanks.

Give the treatments 18 months to work. Then see a first rate hair transplant MD for a long term hair transplant strategy.

Good luck