A Few Questions

Benjamin Owen

Reaction score
hey I am only 15 years old and feel as if I am receding early.

I just have a few questions for the more experienced users

Are DHT inhibitors OK to be used at my age?
What Norwood am I?
And finally, once you start using DHT inhibitors, can you stop suddenly? Or will that restart your balding?
My hairline:

http://imgur.com/N4GTugq

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are DHT inhibitors OK to be used at my age?
No, they could inhibit your development.

What Norwood am I?
Maybe 1.5 at the worst, if that. Hard to say if you're even receding.

And finally, once you start using DHT inhibitors, can you stop suddenly? Or will that restart your balding?
You cannot stop using them if you hope to keep the results you gain from them. They only work as long as they are used.

My recommendation: Go see a dermatologist.

If you do have male pattern baldness, minoxidil and nizoral shampoo are probably your best options until your body fully develops, or until some of these potential breakthrough treatments come out in the next few years.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd wait to you're at least 18. It's not a good idea to mess with your hormones when you're still developing. No doctor would prescribe them to you at your age anyway for this reason.

Benjamin Owen

Reaction score
My hairline is a V-shape. Is that healthy for my hair?
Does a sudden change in diet affect hair loss? I used to eat a load of crap, but I'm deciding to stop now, and replacing all the sugar/fat with fruits and water. Will this help my situation?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's really impossible to answer because everyone is different. A V shape is quite often the start of male pattern baldness or your hair could stay the same for the next 20 years. There are no rules to hair loss. If you're really worried take kj6723's advice and get he opinion of an expert (dermatologist).