A few questions and some doubts

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello there

I´ve been fighting hairloss for about 8 years (I´´m 30 years old) but only started taking Finasteride regularly for the past two years. So far so good since my hairloss has stabilized and i can say that if it wasn´t for the big three i would be without hair now.

And with these results i thought...why not do an hair transplant to get more density on my head?

I have overall thinning and you can notice some see through when near me and also the vertex shows a bit of my scalp. I´m maybe a Norwood IIA but this scale isn´t very accurate so i dont know exactly where i am.

Anyway i have been searching for a couple of clinics in my area and it seems i need 1000 follicles,not bad i guess judging that i have been losing my hair for a few years.

My questions are:

- How long until a new hair transplant is needed? Or the Transplanted hair along with Finasteride/Minoxidil keeps the same head of hair for about 20 years?

- Can i get an hair transplant with overall thinning? SHouldn´´t the risk of shock loss be higher with these type of hairloss since the transplanted hairs will be close to the native hairs?

I appreciate your help. I´ve never been an hair transplant defender but since Finasteride stabilized my hairloss for now i wish to get back to using gel and change hairstyles when i want altough i have to be realistic about the final outcome...anyway having more density and no see through is fine for me.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Here´s a pic of my hair as of last October

1253n2q.jpg

Sparky4444

Reaction score
..dude, you're a far ways away from a hair transplant...you can easily use Toppik or Nanogen fibres and have complete coverage...You should wait a while...you have a strong hairline which is a good thing...nobody can see your crown so concealers are just fine...

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, if you are at eye level with me and near me you can see the see through...some people notice but other don´t.

Anyway i wanted to get more density. Since the Minoxidil/Finasteride/Nizoral combo is working i guess a hair transplant would give me more coverage, it´s a bit annoying when people look at my see through.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Well, if you are at eye level with me and near me you can see the see through...some people notice but other don´t.

Anyway i wanted to get more density. Since the Minoxidil/Finasteride/Nizoral combo is working i guess a hair transplant would give me more coverage, it´s a bit annoying when people look at my see through.

Yeah...I have the same fears, but the more I am realizing that people do give a rats *** about my see-through thinning -- it's just me creating the hype in my mind...I have lost a lot of hair but my close friends and family don't give a rats *** and, in fact, they are more worried about how I feel as opposed to how they feel about it...

either way -- I just went through a long online consultation process with Rahal so I am a bit up-to-speed on this....my opinion is that you should wait ...you have nothing to lose by waiting because even with a hair transplant now, original hairs that were destined to fall out will still fall out after the hair transplant...you'll be way further ahead letting things work themselves out to the point where you know what the final tally will be with a hair transplant...Rahal didn't say to not do the hair transplant, but let's put it this way - having a hair transplant is still not fun at all so you don't want to be doing this over and over again if you can help it..

- - - Updated - - -

plus it is goddamn expensive!! Over the long term, 8000 grafts will cost you over $30K just with FUT along..FUE would be twice that!!

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
So you are saying that even with the big three my hair will fall out?

I hope Finasteride maintains my hair for alot more years to come...i´ve been using this for 2 years and a half and fortunately things are working.

About the cost of an hair transplant here in my country, the online consultation i got explained that with a FUE i would be paying 3500€ for 100 grafts

Sparky4444

Reaction score
So you are saying that even with the big three my hair will fall out?

I hope Finasteride maintains my hair for alot more years to come...i´ve been using this for 2 years and a half and fortunately things are working.

About the cost of an hair transplant here in my country, the online consultation i got explained that with a FUE i would be paying 3500€ for 100 grafts

finasteride will help maintain for sure...100 grafts or 1000 grafts?? 100 grafts is nothing..

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Sorry, i meant to say 1000 grafts.

FUE at that cost?? Where??? That's the almost the cost I would have paid for FUT grafts with Rahal...

- - - Updated - - -

You dont need an hair transplant at the moment. The risk of shockloss is simply too great so you could end up in a worst situation. If you look at my results for example you can see I suffered serious amounts of shockloss in the mid scalp area so it is a risk.

Great advice...when it comes to hair transplant's, we really need to get info from those who have gone through it...

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Here i am again with a little update.

My hair was doing great, i was maintaining and got some regrowth in these 3 years since i started treatment but the past week i´ve noticed an increase in shedding and itchness in my scalp.

I´m still using the same treatment which is finasteride 1mg daily and 1x daily 5% Minoxidil.

I don´t remember shedding like this since starting treatment (Although maybe it has already happened) but what does this mean?

Are the hair cycles synchronising and i should keep calm because it´s normal?
Or am i developing tolerance to Finasteride?

The only things i´ve introduced to my body is Universal Animal M-Stak and Slin Sane but none of these supplements are hormonal or increase DHT.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way...most of the hairs that are falling are the big ones with the white bubble attached