a few questions about rogaine and propecia

liggin22

Reaction score
I have been on propecia for a little over 4 months. I know it helps the vertex and middle part of the head. what about just helping you maintain the hair you have in front? I know its not supposed to work for your temples but can it help you keep the hair you have all over your head? The hair I have in front is slowly thinning (but not noticeably better or worse since ive been on propecia) and I was just curious if propecia would help me at least maintain it.
Also does anyone know the timeline for how long rogaine works? Does it just depend on the person?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rogaine (minoxidil) pretty much works for as long as you use it, other factors may begin to play their part and begin to offset minoxidils effects but whilst on minoxidil (and finasteride) you will always be in better shape than if you had never used it.

Clicky Clicky --->
http://img12.exs.cx/img12/3158/MINOXPAUSE.gif

This graph is a very rough guide, results may differ greatly from person to person.

Propecia can help to keep hair in places other than the vertex and mid scalp, the reason Merck can only mention the vertex and mid scalp is because these were the only areas the trials were conducted on, it is probably not worth the additional millions (prehaps tens of millions) to conduct large scale trials to get FDA approval just to add 'frontal region and temple' to their advertising literature.