A few newb questions

A1

Reaction score
Hello, all

I've just began my battle against hair loss last night with the purchase of Nizoral 1%(due to the itching on my scalp), what I want to do next is to get Rogaine, Propecia, and perhaps Revivogen. I have a few quick questions before I make further purchases:

1) Says on Rogaine's box, it works on topical area only, but my hair is only thinning on the frontal area at the moment. Should I still give it a try now or should I wait until the thinning gets to the topical area?

2) I'm in US right now, where can I buy Propecia, do I need prescription?

3) Nizoral is to be used ever few days, can I use Revivogen shapoo/conditioner for the other days? Recommended combination?

a little info:
24/male
started noticing hair loss about 1-2 yr ago.

thanks,
Al

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A1 said:
1) Says on Rogaine's box, it works on topical area only, but my hair is only thinning on the frontal area at the moment. Should I still give it a try now or should I wait until the thinning gets to the topical area?
rogaine was only tested on the vertex, crown area (i guess what you would call "the topical area") so that is all that rogaine can claim. Rogaine does however work pretty well in the front as well, many users on this forum have had success with it, so if you really do want a lot of regrowth, go ahead and use it on the front area.

A1 said:
2) I'm in US right now, where can I buy Propecia, do I need prescription?
yes, for propecia you would need a prescription, but i believe there are sites where you can buy proscar (a 5mg form of propecia) overseas without a prescription but you would have to ask someone else about this, i got mine through prescription.

A1 said:
3) Nizoral is to be used ever few days, can I use Revivogen shapoo/conditioner for the other days? Recommended combination?
In my opinion, if you are just starting to lose your hair, you should ease upo on using so many products. If you want lots of regrowth earlier on, and can stand putting it in your hair twice a day RELIGIOUSLY then go ahead and use rogaine, along with your propecia and nizoral. i wouldn't recommend revivogen just yet, wait and see how just propecia and rogaine work for you. you can always add onto your regimen in a year if things just aren't working for you, but rogaine + propecia + nizoral is an awesome combo for fighting hairloss, and probability is in your favor that it will work quite nicely for you.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I suggest starting up with Nizoral and Propecia/Finasteride. If you have an irritated or itchy scalp now, or develop one in the near future (it's a common side effect of male pattern baldness, and of male pattern baldness treatments), then add in a copper peptide spray such as American Crew or Folligen.

Hold off on minoxidil for now.

That's Gardener's stand. Good luck, considering that you caught things fairly early, unlike myself, you will probably do just fine without resorting to minoxidil, knock on wood.