A Few Months Into Treatment But Having Possible Bad Side Effects

Juju

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a 25 year old male, and I started using 1mg finasteride a day, coupled with biotin, about 4-5 months ago. I also use Art Naturals Argan Hair Loss shampoo and conditioner with 15 broad specturm DHT blockers with ketoconazole. I also bought Kirkland's Minoxidil, but haven't used it except the one time because it's messy and a hassle. I figure I am mostly okay being clean-shaven bald. I did it 5 years ago to make sure I had a decent shaped head because I knew I was losing my hair, lol!

Anyways, for the past month my hair has dramatically started to shed. I have long hair to my shoulders, so it gets really messy in the shower! But huge clumps are coming out when I shower, and it's becoming alarming. Most of these are from the back of my head where my hair is super thick. Now my hair is much more lightweight with significantly less volume. I know shedding is normal somewhat, but this is becoming alarming.

Additionally, the top of my head where hair is thin has been kinda itchy and tender, but my hairdresser said my scalp looked normal and healthy. She even pointed out a "halo of new growth" where there were lots of short baby hairs growing on the top of my head.

So, all in all - how am I doing? Should I be concerned? I don't have before/after photos. I'm not the kind to measure my progress like that, I prefer to just gradually notice or feel the difference.

Thanks!

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is very difficult to say anything without pictures.
One thing I can say personally is that hairdressers are not dermatologists and would hardly hardly be able to tell a customer if they are losing hair...