A few last minute concerns w/hair transplant

doc2be

Reaction score
My concerns...
I just have a few conceerns w/hair transplant
I am set to go w/Dr. Aliv Armani for 3290 Grafts in ~2 wks

My pix:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/ga ... llery1.cfm

( you have to copy and paste it into the browser URL window)

1. Do you guys think my hair is too diffuse such that shock loss will keep me regrowing what I already have...

2. Has anyone switched from dutasteride to finasteride and seen massive loss: I was growing slowly on finasteride then switched to dutasteride and regrew more rapidly but had some mild ED. I want to switch back to finasteride maybe a yr after my surgery... is this really risky... should I try dutasteride every other day?

3. I am just so nervous about this whole process... I want to calm down but feel worried I may end up w/a bad result. I am not looking to end up like Brad Pitt; just hoping for a solid improvement and not look "freakish".

4. Also does anyone have a link to Finally Hair's pre and post pix w/Armani...

thanks so much guys I really appreciate your help!

G

doc2be,

Sorry I tried to C&P but could not get to open. Here's the deal. The more natural diffused hair there is in the recipient zone, the more potential for shockloss simply because there is more to shock out. The more incisions that are created, the more trauma and then the more resulting potetial for shockloss. Remember, no one and I mean "no one" can predict what level of shockloss any patient might sustain. There are more and more refinements being made to reduce the size of the incisions, cutting the grafts leaner, etc. This technique is often referred to as "microscopically prepared follicular unit dense-packing". There is a lateral-slit technique utilized to create the recipient incisions that helps to reduce the overall trauma to the scalp. BTW, I am not speaking for nor on behalf of Dr. Armani, just trying to explain the approach. Are you doing FUT or FUE?

Also, you owe it to yourself to ask your doctor about the meds. I mean we sometimes like to get feedback from other patients regarding our individual experiences, but when it comes to dosage issues etc, only a licensed physician can give you that advice. :wink: