A few bits on Revita's CPs and concentrations

Bertie

Reaction score
A got a follow up email from DS Labs regarding a few of the ingredients in the shampoo --

-- The copper peptide in Revita is "Prezatide Copper Acetate."

-- The concentration of the aforementioned Prezatide Copper Acetate is 1.5%.

-- The concentration of Roobios in Revita is 2%.

Those are actually somewhat higher percentages than what I was expecting.

Prezatide Copper Acetate is, I believe, a labratory made GHK containing compound (that is, the 1st Generation, or Tricomin peptide) in which the GHK exists at a 2:1 ratio with copper. At least that's what I found after a few minutes of Google. So basically, it's the Tricomin stuff, not the Folligen stuff. Anyone who knows more feel free to chime in.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow! I'm a fan of revita, I've got some, but hearing that actually pleases me even further. Thanks for the info!

Bertie

Reaction score
Roobios is another one of those teas with anti-oxidant and alleged hair loss fighting properties; there's at least some pilot type paper out there showing it to have an effect.

Putting together the two concentrations given above and in my earlier post on ketoconazole with what DS Labs already publishes in it's literature, we have these known concentrations --

Caffeine 4%
Roobios 2%
Prezatide Copper Acetate ("Copper Peptides") 1.5%
Pyrus Malus (Apple) Seed Extract 1%
Ketoconazole 1%
EUK-134 ("Spin Traps") 0.1%

(Of course, concentrations aside, we have no idea whether shampoo is an adequate vehicle for delivering any of these. Well, except keto, which we do know works in shampoo.)

Anyone who wants to know about one of the other ingredients can probably get it through either the contact form or the email address on the Contact portion of the DS Labs website if you are polite and clear about what you want to know. (Tack the results onto this thread or something if you do learn anything.)

michael barry

Reaction score
Cassin,
Im thinkin DS labs is hoping the peptides are absorbed by the hydrated warm scalp during shmpooing.

Proctor's instructions for NANO shampoo is to leave it in for 1-2 minutes.

Alpecin's shampoo instructs are the same.

Alpecin's double effect dandruff/hairloss shampoo that contains pirictone olamine and BHT (like prox-N and NANO), and salycic acid as well as caffeine are for two minutes.

Neutragena T-Gel, (pirictione olamine---strong anti-oxidant) has been shown to up hair diameter almost as much as nizoral. I dont think T-Gel's instructs are to leave it in any specified amount of time, yet its still pretty darn effective. S

The act of shampooing a wet hydrated scalp probably is a very good time for penetrants to penetrate and "get in" the skin. At least thats the hope.

However, all this being said....................only nizoral and T-gel have been shown to grow some hair in a controlled study no matter what I think about NANO growing hair personally. [/list]

Format

Reaction score
Do you think it would be harmfull to your hair if you were to leave Revita on for say, 30 minutes?

Cassin

Reaction score
michael barry said:
Cassin,
Im thinkin DS labs is hoping the peptides are absorbed by the hydrated warm scalp during shmpooing.

That makes sense. I was going by what Dr Pickart told me in that CP's need about an hour to absorb. He pretty much cut down his own shampoo...wish I still had that email.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Somebody reminded me a while back that even Dr. Proctor himself once said that out of all his products, the most cost-effective one is probably NANO Shampoo. That says quite a lot, doesn't it? :)

As Dr. Proctor has always pointed out on alt.baldspot, skin/scalp hydration is a powerful impetus for absorption, and your scalp will never be more hydrated than it is during shampooing.

Bryan

Cassin

Reaction score
But is their enough CP's to make a difference in this shampoo?

And if hydrating with a medicated shampoo is truly this beneficial would it not be easier to just apply your morning app of minoxidil by combining it with your shampoo? I wonder if that would even be worth it.

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Somebody reminded me a while back that even Dr. Proctor himself once said that out of all his products, the most cost-effective one is probably NANO Shampoo.

One thing I really respect about Dr. Proctor and Dr. Pickart is they are very honest about their products.

But they sometimes trip themselves by replying to emails in such haste. :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
And if hydrating with a medicated shampoo is truly this beneficial would it not be easier to just apply your morning app of minoxidil by combining it with your shampoo? I wonder if that would even be worth it.

I believe the issue there is that it would probably be dangerous to do that. Too much systemic absorption of minoxidil, which is the last thing you want. NANO, on the other hand, apparently is much much safer than minoxidil.

Bryan

Jacob

Reaction score
Guys...can someone explain the keto 1% and then the ingredients following that(on the label) being more than 1%?

I've always thought they were listed in order of %.

G

Jacob said:
Guys...can someone explain the keto 1% and then the ingredients following that(on the label) being more than 1%?

I'm curious about this too.

Cassin

Reaction score
Jacob said:

Hmmmmmm.......good point.

What country is it packaged in?

Jacob

Reaction score
Don't they(other countries) all have to list them that way? Especially if sold in the USA?

I thought it came from the USA..but I could be wrong.

BTW..another explanation could be they DO use 2% keto..as they originally said. I read that if it were 2% it'd require a prescription(right?)..so maybe they're just telling us it's 1% now? I don't see how they'd get away with that..but then again they get away with so many other things- the claims regarding this shampoo..etc.

So you have 4% caffeine..2% keto..the rest could then be listed behind those. This is from Sandman in another forum:

Caffeine - 4%

Rooibos - 2%

Copper Peptides - 1.5%

Procyanidin B-2 & C-1 - 1.5%

Jacob

Reaction score
I see nobody has gotten an explanation from them regarding this issue either..including me. :roll:

G

Jacob said:
I see nobody has gotten an explanation from them regarding this issue either..including me. :roll:

Did you email Angie from DS Labs? Her being the customer service address as she's the only one that responds to it. Always has been receptive before. If I remember I'll shoot over that same email asking this question, I'm just too lazy to now :).