A Doctors Advice On Peyronie's, Ed And Finasteride

Ljames

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I don't know if any of you are familiar with r/askdoctors on reddit. It looks like a place to get some decent information but haven't seen much on there about hair loss treatments, any I have posted the following and am happy to update this thread if you guys like as it might be useful to anyone with similar issues if I get a decent response.

Also if anyone here has any opinions I'm always ready for some advice, my message is below:

"
Age - 27
Sex - M
Height - 5'9^
Weight 12st ish
Race - Caucasian
Duration of complaint - 4 months
Location - penis
Any existing relevant medical issues - None I believe
Current medications - Finasteride
Hi guys,
Bit of a background so I stared finasteride around December 18 never any medical issues before then at all. Was taking it until around June with no side effects, becides slightly weaker erections which zinc seemed to solve, except when drinking when I would take a v**** (normally around once a week with my girlfriend), There was a decrease in nocturnal erections and randoms ones in this time.

This was manageable, however around June my penis began to get the district curve I responded by dropping my Finasteride dose to a very very low amount (sure it's can't be effecting me on account of all the hair everywhere and alot stronger erections) but it has continued to slowly get worse. Which as you can imagine I'm freaking out over a bit!

There have been many studies on finasteride none of which point to peyronie's disease as a possible side effect so it may not even been related, however there is a class action lawsuit so maybe it is.
So I'm not thinking how can I stop this, I'm keen on saving my hair but I completely understand that my manhood is more important but none the less if I can take finasteride I will.
So to my question (almost forgot this wasn't a rant!) I am trying to figure out ways to stop the peyronie's disease and hopefully reverse it. Would anybody have some advice for this?
I've been reading that Bromelain and Gotu Kola extract can help, but am stuggling to find much information confirming this and to what extent.

I have also been considering topical DHT cream such as ANDRACTIM 2,5% GEL, as I think if the lack of DHT has caused the issue then that may help? And in a ideal world no go systemic so so hair would be unaffected and Finasteride could be continued, having said that I'm very aware that I am probably not that lucky and would likely do more damage.

Any help offered would be amazing as I said I am freaking out at the moment looking for answers but can't find anything relevant

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
How long did you take finasteride? Like 6 months? It could take months to get back. My story is similar. Started finasteride. Weak erections, poor orgasm. Then after like 1.5 years the the penis curve got pretty bad and I would not get "full" size and it was actually painful where the possible peyronie's was. It took 5 months of being off finasteride and I was 100% recovered and raging again. Of course my crown got thinner and thinner...
Back on finasteride for now.
I was thinking of taking something to help boost "normal" testosterone or something...
It sucks trying to balance sh*t out, but at least I recovered.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Other people have used "dick pumps" and all that stuff to force the tissue to expand, and to break up the plague.

Ljames

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah around 6 months, it's a shame cause it was working. I thought cutting down would do it but am at 3 months now with no luck, and going to try add them supplements and see what happens, they are meant to be good at breaking down plaque and looking after muscle tissue. Having said that they are aimed at people with DHT.

Have tried to replace it with RU but it have done nothing but make me poorer so far. Am very very tempted to try darolutamide.

But yeah the struggle is very real, I'm hoping I'm in your boat but I think if I have to get off it completely to solve the issue a hair system might be a better solution.

Can I ask are you on a full 1mg now? and for how long?

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah around 6 months, it's a shame cause it was working. I thought cutting down would do it but am at 3 months now with no luck, and going to try add them supplements and see what happens, they are meant to be good at breaking down plaque and looking after muscle tissue. Having said that they are aimed at people with DHT.

Have tried to replace it with RU but it have done nothing but make me poorer so far. Am very very tempted to try darolutamide.

But yeah the struggle is very real, I'm hoping I'm in your boat but I think if I have to get off it completely to solve the issue a hair system might be a better solution.

Can I ask are you on a full 1mg now? and for how long?

Yea I hopped back on full 1 mg pill a day for almost 3 months now.
Hair has recovered on the crown, but I'm not as horny as I was when off finasteride.
f*** IDK... I might just get off finasteride and try and ride out the next ten years able to have sex.
I'm 53, so at this point I don't know which is better.

I do know that when I was off finasteride and "raging" I thought about sex all the time.
Now, thinking of sex just seems like "blah who cares..."
I think finasteride messes with your mind too (attitude about sex) so be fore warned.

Ljames

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea I hopped back on full 1 mg pill a day for almost 3 months now.
Hair has recovered on the crown, but I'm not as horny as I was when off finasteride.
f*** IDK... I might just get off finasteride and try and ride out the next ten years able to have sex.
I'm 53, so at this point I don't know which is better.

I do know that when I was off finasteride and "raging" I thought about sex all the time.
Now, thinking of sex just seems like "blah who cares..."
I think finasteride messes with your mind too (attitude about sex) so be fore warned.

I hear you, I'm exactly the same, my sex drive is not that distant of a memory 9 months ago.
If I was in your shoes and a bit older I don't think I would be on it after any issues, but I'm a mature student at uni with 18 year olds and there stupid full heads of hair hahaha

Oh well sh*t happens I guess!

Ljames

My Regimen
Reaction score
the stupidity is quite staggering with this one. my point is not that hypertonic pelvic floor has anything to do with peyronies, its that its not even established that OP has f*****g peyronies at all because he hasnt seen a doctor. curvature in the penis can indeed be caused by other things though. but yes, better self diagnose, fear monger a bit before seeing someone thats the spirit. i literally went to the doctor in february because i thought i had peyronies as well, i have been through all this sh*t. there was no plaque but my dick had a very obvious left curve from the shaft on.

btw if you search long enough for it you can find someone who says finasteride gave them autism. doesn't mean it actually happened you know.. also only boomers leave a space between the last word of a sentence and an exclamation mark

Thanks for the info BananaBlunt

petersonKj has a point in that I am self diagnosing, there are hard worm sized lumps when erect so that to my understanding could be plaque, or it could not be, I've been away from home and have been unable to see a doctor but am returning then end of this month. I am going to try the supplements for a few weeks (not the DHT cream) and see where I'm at and go the doctors asap.

If it is unrelated or not of course I will share this with you guys,

I do think that if/when its confirmed I would point the finger at finasteride, but am completely open minded if a doctor or anyone else could make a compelling case for another cause. but many people on this forum and others have made a case for this, there is even a class action lawsuit. Which is the kind of thing that solicitors (Lawyers) do for free and claim an agreed percentage of the winnings, I very much doubt if there was not enough evidence to at least get a settlement then they would not be doing it, which should speak volumes.

I know a lot of people can find it hard to believe that something they take with zero side can effect someone so differently but all you need to do is look how different peoples hairloss results can be to see that this is not a one size fits all drug and effects everyone in a very different way

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
the stupidity is quite staggering with this one. my point is not that hypertonic pelvic floor has anything to do with peyronies, its that its not even established that OP has f*****g peyronies at all because he hasnt seen a doctor. curvature in the penis can indeed be caused by other things though. but yes, better self diagnose, fear monger a bit before seeing someone thats the spirit. i literally went to the doctor in february because i thought i had peyronies as well, i have been through all this sh*t. there was no plaque but my dick had a very obvious left curve from the shaft on.

btw if you search long enough for it you can find someone who says finasteride gave them autism. doesn't mean it actually happened you know.. also only boomers leave a space between the last word of a sentence and an exclamation mark
We are just sharing our stories. Take it or leave it. We are smart and can distinguish between total B.S.
finasteride literally cannot cause peyronies. What you do next is go to an urologist and get an ultrasound of your penis to actually see what’s going on before diving into he ocean of scientific pseudo intellectualism. A curve can be caused for example by a tonic pelvic floor muscles which is actually not that uncommon among young men. I know because I talked with my urologist about it-because I had it. The curve went away on its own after 3-4 months
We are just sharing our experience. If enough people share the same experience then there may be something to it. Don't be hatin'

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually Peyronie's is one of the risks even though much lower than other risks. If indeed u have that and is cause by Fina, there s no time to waste!