¿Diffuse Thinning requires more minoxidil?

G

In my case, It is not enough with 1ml per application guys.

I need at least 1.5ml per application to cover all the diffuse thinning areas, temples, crown, medium top...

How do you make (diffuse thinners) to solve this problem? Do you apply more liquid like me? Or you just apply 1ml?

Here is a custom image of my norwood scale. I just wonder why the norwood scale is so limited.. I know alot of guys who don't match the norwod scale and still have male pattern baldness.

The temples are a norwood 2. But in the red area you can see the diffuse thinning.

norwood2ru.jpg

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about using more than the stated 1ml dose. That is as long as you don't get any side effects. Just use what you need to cover the area affected. Some people use less than 1ml some people use more. I just spray it on until I'm happy enough I've manged to rub enough it to my scalp and get right areas.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Guess I should alter my regimen. I used to apply it twice daily but then lowered my dose to once a day just for maintenance. Recently though I have returned back to twice a day. Although I still do have some days where I will apply just once a day, usually when I end up missing the evening application.

Back In Time

Established Member
Reaction score
Good Guy: I use more than 1ml, and I use it twice a day. As you can see from my Norwood avatar on the left I am close to your pattern, and I apply my minoxidil in the exact same place. I'm getting results in those areas, but I can't be sure if it is the finasteride or the minoxidil. I can get 4 bottles of Kirkland minoxidil for under $20, so I'm not too worried about using a bit more. I would guess I use 2ml twice a day, morning and night. If my hair is short I tend to use less, but I use enough to hit everything I want to hit.

hoit

Reaction score
I use 1.5-2ml twice a day with no sides yet. I'm pretty thin allover (although still in a male pattern baldness pattern) so I have to really.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It generally takes me a little over 1ml... about 1.25ml now.

I used to use a lot more, which is not necessarily better.

I try to use the bare minimum of minoxidil that it takes to put a thin layer over the male pattern baldness NW1-5 areas.

Results are much better with the 1.25ml applications as compared to the 2-3ml I used to use.