A diffuse thinner's story

Bismarck

Reaction score
I just found what I would refer to as a "success story".
A poster from the German forum had good regrowth as a diffuse thinner so I thought it would be a good idea to let you know of his results.

He used
- Avodart
- Saw Palmetto
- Trifolium pratense
- Kirkland minoxidil
- Sophora Root
- Bayberry Root
- (topical spironolactone later)

Here the pdf-file (large) showing before and after pictures:

http://www.alopezie.de/diskussion/forschung/uploads/Haarstatus-18.09.2004.pdf

bis

Bismarck

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Wow. He certainly did improve a lot, though he also did grow his hair out.

D.

He stopped taking dutasteride in the meantime because of memory problems!

drinkrum

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:

D.

What is your regime, by the way, Bismarck?

D.

Bismarck

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:

D.

D.

Finasteride + Kirkland minoxidil + Terzolin. And maybe Adenogen in the next couple of months.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:

D.

D.

Finasteride + Kirkland minoxidil + Terzolin. And maybe Adenogen in the next couple of months.

Terzolin?

D.

Bismarck

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:

D.

D.

Terzolin?

D.

Sorry, it is the same as Nizoral, I think (2% Ket.).

drinkrum

Reaction score
I see. In my research, finasteride does not interfere with DHEA levels. Do you find the same result, Bis?

D.

Bismarck

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
I see. In my research, finasteride does not interfere with DHEA levels. Do you find the same result, Bis?

D.

No idea. I don't know yet what to make out of this ALLO thing.

drinkrum

Reaction score
At least at the 1 mg/day level. Right now, I'm taking ~0.833 mg/day and may cut down to 0.50. Yes, finasteride is relatively safe, but I just don't like taking a hormonal drug. Dutasteride is something I would never take -- for the potential interactions in neural and muscle/skeletal tissue.

D.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:

D.

According to Merck, at the 1 mg/day level, finasteride only significantly alters DHT level. T and E2 increase at first, but generally this tapers off. Humorously, Merck won't let anyone see their original dataset. Ask Bryan about it.

D.

Bismarck

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:

D.

According to Merck, at the 1 mg/day level, finasteride only significantly alters DHT level. T and E2 increase at first, but generally this tapers off. Humorously, Merck won't let anyone see their original dataset. Ask Bryan about it.

D.

They did a lot of research concering finasteride and bone health or so but nothing with the brain 8)
If I remember correctly GSK doesn't mention mental sides on dutasteride. Surprinsingly, there are so many posters around saying they've got such problems ... strange.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:

D.

D.

They did a lot of research concering finasteride and bone health or so but nothing with the brain 8)
If I remember correctly GSK doesn't mention mental sides on dutasteride. Surprinsingly, there are so many posters around saying they've got such problems ... strange.

When I learned GSK canceled trials of dutasteride for male pattern baldness, I had a gut feeling it was due to weird side effects. Their rationale that dutasteride wouldn't do well in the market, etc. was bogus. If this was the case, they never would have put all the millions of dollars into the trials in the first place. And dutasteride does grow much more hair than finasteride. So why would they cancel the trials? Only if they realized that there were some important issues with blocking DHT completely and especially from inhibiting 5-AR I.

D.

Bismarck

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:

D.

D.

When I learned GSK canceled trials of dutasteride for male pattern baldness, I had a gut feeling it was due to weird side effects. Their rationale that dutasteride wouldn't do well in the market, etc. was bogus. If this was the case, they never would have put all the millions of dollars into the trials in the first place. And dutasteride does grow much more hair than finasteride. So why would they cancel the trials? Only if they realized that there were some important issues with blocking DHT completely and especially from inhibiting 5-AR I.

D.

Well said. I think you are right on all accounts. It's really strange that they had to go into Phase III (two times) until they realized the cost throwing it against male pattern baldness on the market won't be amortized. :shock:

drinkrum

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
[quote="drinkrum":42e76]I see. In my research, finasteride does not interfere with DHEA levels. Do you find the same result, Bis?

D.

D.

D.

Well said. I think you are right on all accounts. It's really strange that they had to go into Phase III (two times) until they realized the cost throwing it against male pattern baldness on the market won't be amortized. :shock:[/quote:42e76]

Hey Bis,

In the meanwhile, I am going to start taking GABA supplements. It is extremely cheap: http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=600. Also, I am going to take 7-OXO-DHEA.

D.

drinkrum

Reaction score
I am sure you are in a similar predicament as I am. Finasteride, to be honest, is the best thing out there for hair loss. At the age of 22, I can't drop it, especially since I have taken it for more than 4 years. The best we can do is combat the side effects (and potential side effects) by taking supplements. Bleh.

D.

Bismarck

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
I am sure you are in a similar predicament as I am. Finasteride, to be honest, is the best thing out there for hair loss. At the age of 22, I can't drop it, especially since I have taken it for more than 4 years. The best we can do is combat the side effects (and potential side effects) by taking supplements. Bleh.

D.

I'm 21 and still seeking for a topical antiandrogen that works as good as Finasteride - I haven't found one as of yet.
I hope the neurosteroid sythesis normalizes after dropping finasteride.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:

D.

I'm 21 and still seeking for a topical antiandrogen that works as good as Finasteride - I haven't found one as of yet.
I hope the neurosteroid sythesis normalizes after dropping finasteride.

That's the holy grail -- something topical that does what finasteride does but that leaves serum levels of everything intact. Very doubtful that it will happen, I think. Life's about trade-offs, unfortunately.

D.

G

I will post my reply as soon as I am done looking up all those words in the dictionary. :freaked2: :) :lol:

Mindfull

Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:
Bismarck said:
drinkrum said:
[quote="Bismarck":272f3][quote="drinkrum":272f3]I see. In my research, finasteride does not interfere with DHEA levels. Do you find the same result, Bis?

D.

D.

D.

Well said. I think you are right on all accounts. It's really strange that they had to go into Phase III (two times) until they realized the cost throwing it against male pattern baldness on the market won't be amortized. :shock:[/quote:272f3]

Hey Bis,

In the meanwhile, I am going to start taking GABA supplements. It is extremely cheap: http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=600. Also, I am going to take 7-OXO-DHEA.

D.[/quote:272f3]

Your worried about taking 1 mg of 0,8 mg of finasteride - and then you want to take this stuff... doesnt make sense