a definitive answer

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so do hair follicles themselves change density and color while in growth phase or is the difference in each follicle only had after a shed and then regrowth? What's the answer? I keep getting contradicting conclusions here. It has to be the former if hair (like in my case) just appears thicker almost seemingly overnight.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
There's not really any DEFINITIVE answer, but I'll give you my opinion: I think hair follicles can miniaturize (or enlarge in response to treatment) within a single anagen phase.

I don't know why this idea became so widespread about changes only occurring with each new "cycle".

Bryan

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have hairs that are thick and dark at the base and thin and unpigmented at the tip, I read this as meaning that hair density can modulate within a single growth cycle.

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
There's not really any DEFINITIVE answer, but I'll give you my opinion: I think hair follicles can miniaturize (or enlarge in response to treatment) within a single anagen phase.

I don't know why this idea became so widespread about changes only occurring with each new "cycle".

Bryan

should this hold true for older follicles that have been around for a few years, or newer follicles only? I have noticed dark 1 inch+ long follicles at the hairline that have appeared out of nowhere. I'm certain this applies for newer follicles.