A day in the life of..

almostbald

Reaction score
hi there once again guys.

A friend of mine recently dropped of a wedding card round my house (lucky him). he's getting married to a beautiful girl and from what i hear he is so very happy. something amazing happened today, by chance i happened to see him riding on a bus going southside. we caught a glimpse of each other as i was walking in the opposite direction to catch the train to work. i would like to state here and now that, I WONT BE ATTENDING THE WEDDING!!

why? i hear you ask.

well its all because of this balding situation i'm in.. I can bet my top dollar that loads of people will be thier, loads of friends i havent seen for ages, almost like a reunion of old time buddies!!

man im so scared of the inevitable comments that are sure to come flying in across the table, and smack bang across my hairline. ''baldy locks and the three hairs'' sh*t im dreading it. but theres a way out. dont go, dont go..

anyway after a few hours typing bollucks in the office and a temporary cessation of the ''three hair situation''; i went out for lunch only to come across a guy with an extremely bad hair transplant coming towards me. you see im always looking at other guys to see the progress of there baldness, tryna spot another unfortunate guy like me losing the best part of his manhood at such an early age. well this guy was about 32 or so(note: far older than me) completely bald on the top, and plugs in the front. as he was passing i couldnt stop looking at his scalp, he shaved his hair to a grade 1. and it looked blatant what he tried to do.

ohh my god, i raged and awed within myself, as i turned round to see the back of his head to confirm that he did in actual fact have a transplant. my my, big *** SCARS was my reply. with several extremely large scars. the guy looked like a shy person as he was passing. and it was obvious he was suffering depression with his timid, afraid look. almost like ''i hope no one notices my totally f***ed hair style.''

it only brought home my own struggle to the fore again. GUYS PLZ PLZ PLZ wait for cloning to comeout.

G

You are doing the right thing by not turning up.

I know what the situation of "dread" feels like with regards to this type of situation.

Sadly though, the other day I had to go to a funeral where I had to face loads of my cousins who I hadn't seen it around 3/4 years. In all, about 30 cousins from 1 family - oldest being 30 and the youngest about 7. So it was quite mixed - mostly my age though. I was going through your fear (probably worse) the night before, but I had no f*****g choice but to face the music and turn up to this funeral, as it was my grandads. I mean, what could I say? - "I don't want to go because my hair looks sh!t"

:lol: it was a cringe situation, but family would always come above my hair.

overall, timing couldnt have been worse. I mean, I'd prefered to have seen all my cousins last year or even 4/5 months ago, but not while I'm goign through a "rebuilding process" of the hair. Things could not have been any worse as usual.

Luckily I made it through the day without looking like a depressed loser, who obviously wasnt happy with something (hmmm, I wonder what that could be). Believe me, this was so difficult for me, as my cousins are all cockneys who arent afraid to tell you what they think, even though if it was in a jokingish manor. They all know that I used to have great hair, It was more or less fact, so now the transistion wasnt going to be pretty and this did put added pressure on the situation.

Anyway, I voided them for much of the day, but did receive many a strange look, from what used to be quite close cousins. As it was a funeral they probably did notice as much as they would have done if it was at an xmas party or something.

My advice would be dont go. You know what people are like and they will probably end up taking the p!ss. It's obvious to me that whatever you do, or what anyone says, it's a looks obsessed world and your "friends" will let you know about things.

drinkrum

Reaction score
f*** that man. You should go -- it's all about confidence. If people stare you down because you're losing your hair, look them in the eye and say, "Do you want Long-Dong-Silver up your nostril?"

D.

G

drinkrum said:
f*** that man. You should go -- it's all about confidence. If people stare you down because you're losing your hair, look them in the eye and say, "Do you want Long-Dong-Silver up your nostril?"

D.

Allmostbald - I wouldn't listen to him. He hasnt got a clue.

He probably has severe APB (*** pattern baldness) and can conceal it quite easily.

Go with what you think.

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that you would actually skip weddings because of this. I know it hurts man, we're all there, but there are some things in life more important than our vanity. Suck it up and go. You will regret it if you don't.

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, I understand how rough these situations can be, especially when we are young.

But, I can assure you, at some point, you are going to be faced with the decision of getting on with your lives and accentuating your positive attributes and accepting the ones that bug you. Either that, or you'll crawl into a hole and disappear.

I used to size up other guys by thinking things like: "well, he may have better hair, but I've got a better job, a better looking girlfriend and a brighter future." Of course, I would never say these things but anything you can do to think and feel better about yourself goes a hell of a long way.

jerry grant

drinkrum

Reaction score
Gunner -- why don't you mope about your male pattern baldness all day and sit at home. Maybe that will help.

Anyway, I didn't criticize your advice so there is no need for you to become defensive, insecure, and criticize _me_.

If you're dissatisfied with the world because it is look obsessed, you are only exacerbating the situation for youself by obsessing about your own looks and how the world, as fickle as it may be, views you.

I'm just trying add some levity to the situation. There's no reason for you to attack me personally. Get a grip.

D.

G

drinkrum said:
Gunner -- why don't you mope about your male pattern baldness all day and sit at home. Maybe that will help.

Anyway, I didn't criticize your advice so there is no need for you to become defensive, insecure, and criticize _me_.

If you're dissatisfied with the world because it is look obsessed, you are only exacerbating the situation for youself by obsessing about your own looks and how the world, as fickle as it may be, views you.

I'm just trying add some levity to the situation. There's no reason for you to attack me personally. Get a grip.

D.

Well considering you felt the need to comment on the "colour" of my skin in my post below (that only needed an opinion on my hair state) really leaves you in good sted with this one.

Or maybe you could explain your stupid & irelevant message in that post below?

Who knows.

Anyway, nevermind.

drinkrum

Reaction score
I don't understand what post you are talking about. I've never mentioned anything insulting -- especially about the color of someone's skin.

Can you fill me in, Gunner?

D.

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, Guys get back to the topic at hand! I say go to the wedding make sure you get a nice suit and go to the salon and get a nice hair cut, dont go to supercuts or the nearest barber either. I pay 35 bucks for a nice haircut, Its a classy place, by the way the best salons have really hot chicks and 1 or 2 fags, and remember you get what you pay for. And get a nice tan, tell people you just came from the carribean, make up a couple of stories on how you rescued a baby whale. Lie through your teeth so people will be amazed just so that it takes the attention off your balding scalp. Trust me it will be ok... go to the freakin wedding and make sure everyone gets loaded that way they wont even be able to see straight. :hairy:

drinkrum

Reaction score
That's what I'm talking about shivs.

Gunner -- if you're referring to the "pale" comment -- I apologize. I was merely being facetious, didn't mean to sound demeaning in any way.

D.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Get your *** to the wedding, and that's the botom line 'cos BALD AS A COOT Stone Cold Steve Austin said so!!! :hairy: Get some toppik see if that helps! :rockon:

Fina/minoxidil/nizoral is doing good things for me, try it!

Stingray

Reaction score
Wow, gunner. You just lost all my respect.

Almostbald or whatever your name is... You are being extremely selfish by declining your friends wedding... possibly the most important single day of his life... simply because of something as trivial as aesthetics. If your friend cared what you looked like before inviting you, he would have come by and checked you out before hand. Your friend needs you and it will be good for you. Don't be a b**ch and be all scared. Hell, I'm 21 and showing scalp right now...worst thing that has ever happened to me..but it doesn't stop me from going out with people. Hell, I go out on the boat with chicks all the time. They don't seem to notice because I don't make the impression that I'm losing my hair. Best way to get people to think somethings wrong with you is by acting that somethings wrong. If you make it look like it doesn't bother you, trust me on this one... they won't even give it a second thought.

If they ask.. "what happened to you?" Just say "what?". or just say the truth. You can't help genetics, and 99% of people understand that. But they can smell fear from miles away. If you show yourself as a pussy, they will treat you accordingly.

I say go to the wedding. You will be doing your friend wrong by deciding not to. I'd rather lose my hair than lose a friend.

almostbald

Reaction score
hey sinray, thnx for your words of confidence man.. i trully appreciate it. i think me and gunner have been in simillar situations, or maybe he jus thinks the same way as i do.

i really wish i had your confidence, and better still i wish i had hair,lol,

and oh yeah, id gladly condemn on of my mates to the gutter, to see ma lovely locks return. lol :rockon: rockon i suppose..

Stingray

Reaction score
Then you have deeper issues than just losing your hair, my friend.

I'm done with this one.

almostbald

Reaction score
hey stingray man;

i was only joking about killing the friend bit in return for my locks lol,

i know i have some deep issues, i really need to get a grip and stay on top of things. i was tryna console myself before by saying, that hairloss is just another variation of the human physique, traits watever u wanna call it, its jus like people have brown eyes, others have blue, some are short, some are tall, some are bald some are not.

there is no one perfect in the world... i think ive gotta hammer this kinda thinkin home. and deal with this sh*t, f*** it. it happens it happens.
a se-rah se-rah, wateva will be will be..

G

Almost bald - dont do it.

:lol:

Believe me, you will be doing the thing by not going.

At least wait until you get your hair sorted. 6 months -1 year.

That's what I'm doing.

You know it makes sense.

Otherwise you could be :freaked2: