A DAY IN THE LIFE OF(PART 2)TIPS TO LOOK GOOD 4BALDY GUYS..

almostbald

Reaction score
being a very young 25 year i have often found myself questioning my attractiveness as compared, with other males my age. being almost bald and seriously lacking self confidence i have become very concerned about my overall sex appeal.

of late; i have noticed that girls around thier mid 30's tend to show interest in me. it lead me to the question the fact that i may be officially quite UGLY. im not bitching or being mad, but nevertheless i reckon i'm being quite truthfull.

i did however meet a girl (26) over the internet quite a while back (not that i roam around on the net out of desperation!!). well, after getting to know this girl over a common interest, we started getting a bit personal and found that we have allot of things in common. we laughed and made each other quite happy.

so after a while things progressed a little, and being both single we both agreed to swap phone numebers and get to know each other a bit.

MAN it was hard when ever we spoke about sumthing, or anything which i percieved was heading towards ''hair and hair issues'', i quickly ducked and cunningly diverted the conversation. A good example of this was a time when she mentioned she was now good at cutting other peoples hair i.e. her nephews and nieces and stuff.

at this present moment in time, ive found myself in a situation, where i kind have like this girl. from what i know of her and her her looks she comes across as a very pretty girl. Also she is blessed with a blinding personality. from what she knows of me i can confidently attest that she's taken a shine to me to.

YEP UVE PROBABLY ALREADY GUESSED IT;

the dilemna came actually a few days back

IT WAS THAT INEVITABLE DREADED TIME TO SEND HER A PIC OF MYSELF !! AHH MAN WHY ME WHY MEI RANG OUT AND LASHED OUT THE FIRST VICTIM NEAR ME (LUCKYLY IT WAS THE PILLOW ON MY BED)!!???

so having not much of a choice but to send her my pic. i did. BAD IDEA?

well i'll tell ya who knows; MEEEEEE!!, as of 30 mins ago from now. she called me to confirm that she actually recieved the email, you'll never guess what she says. first she goes on about my dress sense. fair enough,i was getting kinda happy (she might not have noticed that shinny head of mine). but but but. check this....

the pic i sent to her was actually of me and my uncle in france. my uncle is 37 might i add. he has hair, hes kinda good in the looks department as well. i on the other hand was there. slightly taller than him, and in my own little world b4 i actually sent the pic; was totally OBLIVIOUS TO THE FACT THAT I MIGHT GET MISTAKEN FOR MY UNCLE!!.

lifes a b**ch!!! i should kindly state here. what i never even percieved of happening actually happened.

after complaining about my dress sense in a 'jesting' way, she later went on to say, ''well atleast your not like your uncle'' and she laughed. after some temporary confusion, i managed to work out why she chuckled a bit.

THE FACT OF THE MATTER WAS THAT, I GOT MISTAKEN FOR BEING MY UNCLE, A 37 YEAR OLD GUY AT THAT.

AND MY UNCLE GOT MISTAKEN FOR BEING ME.

ME = UNCLE
UNCLE = ME

not only was that bad.

she went on to say that i was a bit ''SPUNKY'', as in goodlooking. she didnt metion anything about the actual me.

i was horrified; i trully was, im already trying to resist a major breakdown because of this whole hairloss sh*t. i was doing quite well up until today. i was contemplating going on prozac a few days ago. that should give you an idea what i was, and am still going through.

im 5'9 inches tall, thats about 176cm's and 80 odd kg 12 stones. im gonna start excercising soon. this extremely embarrassing situation has given me motivation to do so. trust me it has. i also smoke about 30 ciggs a day. so thats gonna go out the window aswell. i think ill need all the help i cn get to look good.

does anyone know of any websites that help baldy guys to look thier best. i.e tips, with regards to making thier baldness not seem so apparent in thier daily socailising circles aprt from wearing the obvious hats and berrets 24/7. i dunno any suggestions would be warmly welcomed and appreciated.

has anyone else had similar expiriences.

ohh yeah, by the way, i havent yet told her who's the uncle and who was really me, i didnt even think that this would have happened in the first instance. i think ill let a coupla days elapse b4 i decide to tell her or not. im avoiding her calls. and even made some bullshit story that i gotta go away for a few days on a business trip over a text message, i bailed on her jus like that.

i feel so ashamed of my self, i never did feel like this. i feel like crawling under a big stone.

so many missed opportunities as a result of this hair situation, i cannot even begin to quantify, why are others allowed to be happy and NOT ME??
i feel so wronged and helpless.

if i was a very powerful leader i.e like the american president, i would have pledged 10 dollars from every citizen in the whole of the western world to give in taxes towards this shitty cause. you can send people to the moon, but why cant someone send hairs shooting out of my scalp.

sorry for the ultra long sulk guys,,,

and for the younger folks in this forum, ive noticed some 20 yr olds posting some sh*t, and even 16 year old guys with embryonic male pattern baldness. i extend my sincere apologies to you, should u happen to come across this horrible expirience of mine. but this is reality guys. this sorta sh*t will happen to u some time soon, im quite sure of that.

i gues im doing you guys a favour in a strange way, by preparing you to expect these shitty scenarios. f*** even my 52year old lecturer pointed out my hairloss. not directly but indirectly, by saying ''some of you may remeber the old lotus visicalc spreadsheet( i later found out that it was about 10 years b4 i was even born). he pointed out at me trying to get a nod out of me, in an agreement sort of thing..

well, thats the end of my rant i suppose, i guess im jus gona have to face the fact that ill have to pull out my plastic for some jiggy jiggy in the future, or stick to the forever willing hands!! lol

but seriously; id love to hear of any other people that might have hadwierd expiriences, and how theyve dealt with the sh*t.

peace out, your brother john ( AKA, baldy locks and the three hairs).

G

I know how you must be feeling. It's not funny one bit is it!?

Lets get real here shall we?

You're right - the world is judged by looks 1st. No matter how good you are at anything else, if people don't agree with how you look, it will always become an issue.

People draw confidence from how bad another person looks. It makes them feel better about themself.

Even people who claim they don't. They do! It's an insecure world.

Get a hair transplant mate. If you are bald, hair will make you look good. Travel to America, where they can do wonders.

I believe this is the best advice. Don't listen to all these "use minoxidil" sh!t, if you are bald - the improvement will not be enough.

I'm a norwood 2.5, if my hair hasnt improved on the below by next year, then im off to america to improve things for the better.

When you have hair, you won't have to resort to all this internet dating crap, because you will have enough confidence to pull anywhere.

Reaction score
This applies to both almostbald and Gunner: your major problem is not your baldness but your insecurity. Hiding from your female friend or moving to "America" will do nothing about your baldness, but doing something about your self-confidence will.

almostbald,

Ten years ago I knew a 23 year old who was almost bald, and guess what, nobody noticed it. Not even me. Why? Because he wasn't insecure about it and didn't bring attention to it. He had no problem getting girlfriends either. He had a great sense of humor and was very personable.

does anyone know of any websites that help baldy guys to look thier best. i.e tips, with regards to making thier baldness not seem so apparent in thier daily socailising circles aprt from wearing the obvious hats and berrets 24/7. i dunno any suggestions would be warmly welcomed and appreciated.

I don't know of a website for increasing self-confidence. Follow the examples of the (then) 23-year-old above in how he was able to make his baldness seem not so apparent in his life. Be honest with yourself and don't think about or bring attention to it.

almostbald

Reaction score
gunner; your dead right about something man.

people do draw more confidence from other less well endowed people( in the looks department) the only thing that cheers me up a little, is the fact that others are suffering aswell with me.

oh yeah how old are you by the way? bet your not as young as me. man you can see my scalp real bad. ive got the typical ''horse shoe'' pattern. my hair, well whats left of it is so thin and vellus that on a sunny day all you can see from afar is the hair on my sides and back.

i was thinking of a transplant, i mean ive stayed up many a nights contemplating how i would go missing for the long procedure. coz u gotta also bear in mind that it takes ages, like 3 odd sessions, to even get close to the desired results that u would want.

what makes matters worse, is the fact that ive begun to notice people who have had hair transplant, on the streets when im like going about my normal business.

dont you tend to find youself looking at other guys and thier hair state??
you see, what is so not funny is the fact that these guys tend to look like thier in thier late 30's and here i am, in the prime of my years when i should be the one enumerating the most confidence; down in the doldrums.

gunner to tell you the truth, if i was you, i wouldnt go for the hair transplant just yet, although cloning might be a good few years off. i would atleast wait a few more years until the some other better methods of hair transplant come out or existing ones are significantly improved. ive come across guys with plugs in the front, and very big scars in the back of thier heads. have you considered a hair system instead or perhaps just hanging around till cloning or some sh*t comes out. letme know.

even as im writing this now, im scared to even touch my hair, every time i do, thiers 3 or 4 hairs in my hand. IT DOESNT STOP, IT JUS DOESNT BLODDY STOP!!.

when i wash my hair, im literally on the brink of suicide, for real. so much hair comes out, out of my already empty head. im not diffuse thinning or anything, but i can see myself with a shinny pate, in under six months or so, definatly at the rate im going.

im already on proscar, and nisim and nizoral. this combo aint working for me to good. i reckon 90% of men that have allot of body hair are also 90% as likely to suffer male pattern baldness, ive seen it, for real.

anyway guys, going back to my original question,

any tips for us baldies to appear thier best??? any suggestions most welcome.
peace out john

G

almostbald said:
gunner; your dead right about something man.

people do draw more confidence from other less well endowed people( in the looks department) the only thing that cheers me up a little, is the fact that others are suffering aswell with me.

oh yeah how old are you by the way? bet your not as young as me. man you can see my scalp real bad. ive got the typical ''horse shoe'' pattern. my hair, well whats left of it is so thin and vellus that on a sunny day all you can see from afar is the hair on my sides and back.

i was thinking of a transplant, i mean ive stayed up many a nights contemplating how i would go missing for the long procedure. coz u gotta also bear in mind that it takes ages, like 3 odd sessions, to even get close to the desired results that u would want.

what makes matters worse, is the fact that ive begun to notice people who have had hair transplant, on the streets when im like going about my normal business.

dont you tend to find youself looking at other guys and thier hair state??
you see, what is so not funny is the fact that these guys tend to look like thier in thier late 30's and here i am, in the prime of my years when i should be the one enumerating the most confidence; down in the doldrums.

gunner to tell you the truth, if i was you, i wouldnt go for the hair transplant just yet, although cloning might be a good few years off. i would atleast wait a few more years until the some other better methods of hair transplant come out or existing ones are significantly improved. ive come across guys with plugs in the front, and very big scars in the back of thier heads. have you considered a hair system instead or perhaps just hanging around till cloning or some sh*t comes out. letme know.

even as im writing this now, im scared to even touch my hair, every time i do, thiers 3 or 4 hairs in my hand. IT DOESNT STOP, IT JUS DOESNT BLODDY STOP!!.

when i wash my hair, im literally on the brink of suicide, for real. so much hair comes out, out of my already empty head. im not diffuse thinning or anything, but i can see myself with a shinny pate, in under six months or so, definatly at the rate im going.

im already on proscar, and nisim and nizoral. this combo aint working for me to good. i reckon 90% of men that have allot of body hair are also 90% as likely to suffer male pattern baldness, ive seen it, for real.

anyway guys, going back to my original question,

any tips for us baldies to appear thier best??? any suggestions most welcome.
peace out john

Norwood scale breaker - I didn't say move to america. I meant merely travel there to get a hair transplant - seeing as it's the best place for it.

Almost bald - I'm 23, 24 next Jan. My years trial of propecia & minoxidil will be up in May 2004. So I'll make a decision then.

But I feel a hair transplant is the only way forward for me. Look at my photo's. Not pretty. I hope for improvment over the next 8 months or so on the treatments. Who knows, only time will tell. These pics are in the light to show a true reflection. It does look better in other lights, but that's not the way to show them, thus showing them in the daylight.

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/gooner_yddo

I don't look at people worse then me, because that is not the right attitude. But I see it happening day in day out. Alarming - it's one insecure world! Others can hide it better then others though.

Someone posted somethign on here the other day that made sense - that you are judged on 4 fronts. On your appearance, what you say, how you say it and talent. I couldnt agree more, but I'd say that the 1st one is how one would usually judge someone else. Big time.

You're right about the "how would you go missing part" because that isnt going to be easy. I certainly wouldnt tell my family, that I'm going to america for a hair transplant. I wouldnt live it down, especailly from brothers, sisters etc. So the best way is to go for a 2 week trip and see what happens.

Obviously money is a factor, but by the time a years up I should have saved enough for a trip if I wanted to take one. I'll just say that I'm going to America to "see the sights" or somethign crazy like that, but either way i will get it done.

The reason I want to fix this problem so bad, is because it will make *that* much difference, like 2 years ago when things couldnt be better with my life, having a full head of hair. Basically I was happy, It couldnt be more different today.

You only get one life.

Reaction score
I stand corrected regarding the hair transplant comment.

Someone posted somethign on here the other day that made sense - that you are judged on 4 fronts. On your appearance, what you say, how you say it and talent. I couldnt agree more, but I'd say that the 1st one is how one would usually judge someone else. Big time.

Notice it's appearance, not physical attributes. Big difference.

almostbald

Reaction score
gunner, i must say having looked at ur pics, i dont reckon u need a transplant just yet. ur hair is far better than mines. i reckon if u keep ur regimen, itll last all the way until ur 27 or so.

put it this way, if u transplant ur hair, wont ur original existing hairs that r on the top keep falling out, thus causing many trips to america?

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
Go on propecia, nizoral, minoxidil, spironolactone, folligen and get some toppik to cover the areas.
In 6 months your hair should start to look decent! Good Luck!

Luther007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's really that bad than maybe you should shave your head for the time being. We are blessed to live during a 'bald-is-in' phase (which won't last forever) so take advantage! At least it will look deliberate and women prefer that than the 'i'm going bald but i refuse to give in' look. Besides, it'll make it a little easier to put Minoxidil and SOD's on your scalp. At your age the addition of an antiandrogen/DHT inhibitor should benefit nicely. It will improve! Stay positive!

d3m

Reaction score
My only odd encounter ok two of em

I have done the AOL hook up thing (mostly not hookups just a 'blind date' if you will) and I am not happy about it.

But this one time, I went to this British girl's house. She wasn't the best looking thing (she said she looked like one of the Spice Girls and had an older picture -- ill be damned if that was true). And within 5 to 10 mins after meeting her she mentioned "your hair is thinning like my fathers". Oh let me tell you, I was so embarassed I wanted to leave then. But being the 'mostly' nice guy I am I toughed it out. She could tell she upset me, and said she was sorry. Oddly, she kept pestering me to go out again. Ya thats right, the ugly girl wanted this balding boy. Suffice to say I never called her and eventually blocked her from my AIM handle.

Then another time, I met some guys off of AOL (no I am not gay). They always claimed how good they were in Tekken and basketball. We met up a few times. (Sadly I use to be a chat wh***, I was always in an AOL chat room -- Charlotte). And they would tell other people about my thinning hair and sh*t. Sadly, they were older than me and had lots more hair. Sucks for me. And yes, we never played basketball/tekken again.

For my experiences I have realized my hair looks better very short. When it grows in long for some reason it just doesn't look as good (in my mind). I have also tried shaving my head to a 1 or 2 guard a few times. It doesn't look bad but I found myself covering it up with my hands alot almost like i was mentally embarassed. I am soon going to start on some Proscar and a few other things people have mentioned. I hope all goes well for me. And as for a social life I only have one or two real good friends and I haven't had a girlfriend in about 4 years. I play alot of online video games, because they don't have to see me in person and treat me just as anyone else, even if I do own the sh*t out of them :lol: . Sorry for the lame/long post. Hope it brings some laughter.

JohnnyO

Reaction score
the opposite effect...... for a while at least

i've had an odd experience in regards to my hair loss..... before i started losing my hair i was a major geek (i'm still a geek now but it was worse back then)..... i never dated and the girls only thought i was cute that boy-ish way..... so as you can guess, i stayed a virgin through most of high school :( ......

but then i started balding and when i hit 18, i decided to shave my head (guard 1 or 2)..... and strangely enough, that's when the girls started to take a liking to me....... only AFTER i started balding did i begin to hear girls describe me as being "hot", "fine" or "sexy"....... i actually had girls hitting on me when i went out..... it was all too weird for me...... but then again, having a shaved head was in style (especially for an ethnic filipino person like myself) and i was starting to look a little more mature..... so that could be why i got so lucky......

now that i'm turning 23 however, that "slightly balding look" is fading away and so is my self-esteem...... my thinning areas are visible from a pretty good distance and hairline is receeding at a rapid rate..... i'm now back to where i was BEFORE i started balding....... but now it's worse b/c i'm seriously going bald :cry: .......

i'm planning to take propecia and minoxidil as soon as i can....... god help me..... and god help us all......

G

Re: the opposite effect...... for a while at least

JohnnyO said:
i've had an odd experience in regards to my hair loss..... before i started losing my hair i was a major geek (i'm still a geek now but it was worse back then)..... i never dated and the girls only thought i was cute that boy-ish way..... so as you can guess, i stayed a virgin through most of high school :( ......

but then i started balding and when i hit 18, i decided to shave my head (guard 1 or 2)..... and strangely enough, that's when the girls started to take a liking to me....... only AFTER i started balding did i begin to hear girls describe me as being "hot", "fine" or "sexy"....... i actually had girls hitting on me when i went out..... it was all too weird for me...... but then again, having a shaved head was in style (especially for an ethnic filipino person like myself) and i was starting to look a little more mature..... so that could be why i got so lucky......

now that i'm turning 23 however, that "slightly balding look" is fading away and so is my self-esteem...... my thinning areas are visible from a pretty good distance and hairline is receeding at a rapid rate..... i'm now back to where i was BEFORE i started balding....... but now it's worse b/c i'm seriously going bald :cry: .......

i'm planning to take propecia and minoxidil as soon as i can....... god help me..... and god help us all......

Take a chill pill my friend. This will all work out and if you stay on the meds. likely your hair will come back.

Believe it or not, as you age, you will have other issues that you face that may have you wish your biggest issue was hair loss.

Keep it in perspective. You will be fine.

Good luck.

:lol:

KRAMER

Reaction score
Confidence goes along way. I have a very close friend of mine that is 27 and completely bald on top. Just has hair on sides like George on Seinfeld. Well, he shaved his head, not to the skin but pretty close. He got a really good tan and starting working out. Dude gets more women than he can handle now. He says he is more confident than he was when he had hair. I talked to him about getting on the big 3 and he wasn't interested. He likes keeping his hair short now and the women certainly don't mind it.

Keep in mind, shaved heads are good for people that have nice shaped heads. I can't do it, that is why I have started the big three early. I have a big head and sloped forhead. Kind of look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. :)

Rudiratlos

Reaction score
besides ...there are a lot off guys with a lot off hair...Looking like sh*t becoz off their crap haircut....

al most al the guys i know..who are losing their hair and cut/buzzed it real shot..look good..most of the time you dont really nottice.becoz u dont really look different..
some guys really do look better..desides..if you are thinning...longer hair
ALWAYS looks worse!!!...

if you have long hair...cut it a bit shorter every time you get a hair cut...then u can get used to you new haircut...

dont cover up ...i,m receding from the temples...Like Jude law..
i spike it...or do a messy look...
actually mu girlfriend loves my temples....hope i can maintain it with finasteride.!!

ohhw give your self a cool attitude, women love it...besides...most women have fat asses anyway ...so they should be glad they can get a men anyway......HEHE..

almostbald

Reaction score
today ive decided to stop smoking. my last pack of 20 Malboros is sitting here in front of me... so long buddy.

ive decided to jog everyday now.

ill try and go from 80kg => 68kg or so. that should make my body quite nice, and bring out my facual features a bit more.

well what else can i do. GEL MY HAIR, HAHAHAHAHAHA. yeh rite