a couple questions

eek

Reaction score
So, I started getting a bit paranoid about my hairline, and got quite obsessed about it. The more obsessed, the worse it got, went from not having a clue if i was losing hair or not, to even losing it on the front. Anyway.

Im having stuff I have trouble explaining. so I thought I might ask.

I having a tingling scalp every now and then, on the upper temples and vertex. Whats up with that?

On the upper temples, or above that, where I still have hair, I'm getting acne. I've had acne for about a year now (im 22), but never IN the hairy scalp itself.

All over my hairline, I have thin hair "sprouting". Some are vellus, but most are of normal thickness, just alot shorter. Is this miniaturization? Is it really that fast? When I look at balding people, it seems I can't see the "miniaturizing" hairs, It's either decently thick, or vellus. I think I have these short hairs all over my scalp, but they're a bit harder to see in the middle, where the long hairs covers up everything.

I don't really lose any hairs to pulls, except on the sides, and on the back of the neck. aren't those protected areas?

Finally, while shampooing, I do lose some hair, I'm guessing about 10-40 depending on days. However, there are seemingly very few long hairs, most that fall are about ~3-4 cms long, although of normal thickness. miniturization again? that would be alot of it :/

G

eek said:
So, I started getting a bit paranoid about my hairline, and got quite obsessed about it. The more obsessed, the worse it got, went from not having a clue if i was losing hair or not, to even losing it on the front. Anyway.

Im having stuff I have trouble explaining. so I thought I might ask.

I having a tingling scalp every now and then, on the upper temples and vertex. Whats up with that?

On the upper temples, or above that, where I still have hair, I'm getting acne. I've had acne for about a year now (im 22), but never IN the hairy scalp itself.

All over my hairline, I have thin hair "sprouting". Some are vellus, but most are of normal thickness, just alot shorter. Is this miniaturization? Is it really that fast? When I look at balding people, it seems I can't see the "miniaturizing" hairs, It's either decently thick, or vellus. I think I have these short hairs all over my scalp, but they're a bit harder to see in the middle, where the long hairs covers up everything.

I don't really lose any hairs to pulls, except on the sides, and on the back of the neck. aren't those protected areas?

Finally, while shampooing, I do lose some hair, I'm guessing about 10-40 depending on days. However, there are seemingly very few long hairs, most that fall are about ~3-4 cms long, although of normal thickness. miniturization again? that would be alot of it :/

Very diifficult to tell - it could well be male pattern baldness but you would have to send us some pictures to give a decent opinion.

eek

Reaction score
well temples are relatively bald - they have been since I was born though, pretty much. I'm guessing there is some mild recession, as my dad was norwood 2 by the age of 55. So I'm guessing it's quite slow. It's those sprouting hairs, which makes it look like im losing hair all over my scalp, aswell as the acne, that are getting me worried. Oh, and I'm not following any treatment, so that can't be a reaction to any of the big 3 or such.

1 more thing: I know Accutane is the culprit for hairloss, but I'm guessing thats for the oral one. Does anyone know if the topical Roaccutane gel causes hairloss aswell?