A couple-a things to say.

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi hairloss people..

I have been on Rogaine for about 2 months now, and it seems to be working good.. I dont seem to be shedding though, and im wondering if this is a sign that it isnt working, or am i just one of the lucky ones.. Cuz its like, i couldnt get any hair to fall out if i tried... which i havent really done yet.. but anywho.. another thing i was wondering was, would it be ok if i rinsed it out a little bit like a half hour after i put it in, after its dry.. you know so i dont have that weird greasiness...

and one more thing is, im going off to college, and im wondering how my hair treatments would clash with my partying and maybe my hopeful sex life, hehehe. I mean.. If i use rogaine My hair will be so greasy and ill have to sneak off twice a day to apply the sh*t.. and what girl is gonna wanna run her hand through my hair when its all greasy.. and sleep next to my greasy head, and get my greasy ness on her pillow and stuff.. and for the propecia, well its the sexual side effects.. but i hear that they are temporary in most cases anyway.. so blah.. And also.. do the medicines clash with whatever amount of drinking i do?? which i dont think shoudl be too much.. i plan to have some dry weekends...

Im going to be adding Propecia to my regimen this month, maybe.. so hopefully the side effects will be gone before college starts... so anyway thanks and im looking forward to your replies OH BOY>>!!

Petchsky

Reaction score
Vovvie,

I understand your situation, i have recently just finished university and i managed to keep my regimen while still partying and playing hard. Don't get me wrong i missed one or two applications but unless you want your girl to be stroking a bald haed its best you keep pretty strict.

Regarding the shower off after half an hour that is a definate no! Rogaine should be kept on the head for at least 3 hours, i always do 4 to be safe... otherwise your just washing it off before it can be absorbed into the scalp. Not everyone sheds on Rogaine so don't worry about it not working.

If you are concerned about the grease effect you could always try Dr Lees minoxidil which is meant to be less greasy and drys qucker... best to ask The Gardner regarding Dr Lees.

Hope this helps mate, Laters 8)

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
i wasnt talking about showering it off.. i meant would it be ok if you just wet your hand a little and ran it through your hair, then dry it off a just alittle.. nothing that would cause the rogaine to run out.. just enough to get the grease out of your hair...

Petchsky

Reaction score
Oh i see, i can not see that being a problem as long as you don't dilute with to much water. but best to be vigilant.

:D

sadhairloss

Reaction score
hey anybody can tell me which shampoo should i use on daily basis and where i can find proscar with prescription? and how do i cut it

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
sadhairloss said:
hey anybody can tell me which shampoo should i use on daily basis and where i can find proscar with prescription? and how do i cut it

Make your own thread for this god dammit..

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
sadhairloss said:

A lot of people use shampoos that add more volume to hair, several brands make them but a lot of people prefer the vive one and use nizoral every two or three days. Nizoral has become key in a lot of peoples regimens. Definitely use nizoral.

You can get proscar online without a prescription for cheap, but if you insist on one why not go to your doctor? Its very simple to cut with a razor blade or you can buy a pill cutter. I cut mine into 1/6ths, some do 1/5ths and some do 1/4ths. It cuts very easily.

Good luck with your battle.

As for you VOVVIE, how far along are you with the hairloss? Definitely look into Dr. Lee's if you want to continue with minoxidil and I highly recommend finasteride of some sort. Remember that in the propecia study only 2% of people experienced the sexual side effects and the seeing people post it here fairly often can skew your perception, you have to understand that not everyone who starts finasteride is gonna report having no side effects, the ones who have the side effects are the ones who talk about em. Anyways, hang in there man. I'm in college too, and my regimen is just finasteride and nizoral so the party life remains unharmed. Hope this was of help to you.

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
cool man.. thanks for finaly responding.. i guess that i would be about a norwood 2 and a half... Even though i look quite receded, ive always had a high forhead and kind of that receded look.. but the hair is definately thinner in the front.. though after using rogaine for a couple of months it seems to be filling in good. So i am very very optimistic about the condition of my hair..

wheyface33

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent, I do suggest finasteride ASAP though, because soon you will be losing hair in other areas...i.e. vertex or crown, and thats no good. So get on finasteride to maintain what you have, keep the minoxidil to help restore what you lost and throw in some nizoral shampoo to keep your scalp healthy. nizoral is also claimed to have a good effect in regrowth when used in combo with finasteride and theres a study to support it on this website. Good luck to ya man!

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
rogaine works on your crown though... so i prolly wont need it.

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
VOVVIE said:
Hi hairloss people..

I have been on Rogaine for about 2 months now, and it seems to be working good.. I dont seem to be shedding though, and im wondering if this is a sign that it isnt working, or am i just one of the lucky ones.. Cuz its like, i couldnt get any hair to fall out if i tried... which i havent really done yet.. but anywho.. another thing i was wondering was, would it be ok if i rinsed it out a little bit like a half hour after i put it in, after its dry.. you know so i dont have that weird greasiness...

and one more thing is, im going off to college, and im wondering how my hair treatments would clash with my partying and maybe my hopeful sex life, hehehe. I mean.. If i use rogaine My hair will be so greasy and ill have to sneak off twice a day to apply the sh*t.. and what girl is gonna wanna run her hand through my hair when its all greasy.. and sleep next to my greasy head, and get my greasy ness on her pillow and stuff.. and for the propecia, well its the sexual side effects.. but i hear that they are temporary in most cases anyway.. so blah.. And also.. do the medicines clash with whatever amount of drinking i do?? which i dont think shoudl be too much.. i plan to have some dry weekends...

Im going to be adding Propecia to my regimen this month, maybe.. so hopefully the side effects will be gone before college starts... so anyway thanks and im looking forward to your replies OH BOY>>!!

If you want a quicky drying non greasy minoxidil i would try hair-again(austrailian minoxidil) it drys heaps faster then rogaine and is non greasy

heres a web site you can get it from, i think its a little cheaper then rogaine
ttp://www.pharmacydirect.com.au

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
ok.. but does the non greasy stuff work as well?

And also... Is rogaine designed to last more than 2 years?? Has anyone taken it longer than that and had it still work pretty good, at least as far as maintaining?.. thanks.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hehe I need to just start copying and pasting these... /sigh

Ok, minoxidil doesnt do dick for the root cause of your hairloss. It simply augments your hair and holds it in anagen phase longer. That is it.

The main known factor that causes hairloss is DHT. To form DHT your body's 5a-reductase enzyme converts free roaming testosterone into type 1 or type 2 DHT inside the hair cell follicle. The DHT then binds to the hair cell receptor and causes it to atrophy or shrink. Eventually your hair follicle stops producing hair and you loose that follicle.

Without doing something to inhibit the 5a-reductase enzyme or block the androgen receptor YOU WILL CONTINUE TO BALD. Minoxidil might mask the process somewhat but it does NOT treat it.

You need to be on Finasteride if you have Androgenetic Alopecia and wish not to progress or slow the progression down.

You need to be on minoxidil to increase the thickness of the hair that is already damaged.

Nizoral 2% is an excellent support product to add with Finasteride and Minoxidil.

Don't live in the clouds with your head up you know what. The sooner you get serious the more hair you will have in the long run.

Good luck bro and read through these forums thoroughly. They contain a wealth of information.

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
ive never even heard anyone say what you just said before.. ive heard storys of people who have kept their hair with just rogaine. I mean i do plan on starting some kind of finasteride.. But you just might be wrong about what you said.. but then again you may be right.. i dont know... And as fare as being serious, think im about as serious as i can get with out draining my wallet and expenses for more important things..

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
VOVVIE,

What I stated is not my opinion :)

It is a scientific fact. Feel free to print out what I posted and show it to your doctor for confirmation if you like. Also feel free to make another thread on the general topic forum titled "Is socks telling the truth?"

I wont be offended bud. I just want to help you. What I told you is 100% legit.

Good luck