A Complete Regimen Thread? Minoxidil, Ketoconazole, Finasteride, Castor Oil, Vitamins, Microneedling

ReachBrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my very first post. I think I have only posted on a forum once in my entire life. I usually figure I can just search for the info, but my hair is thinning faster than I can read, lol. I workout regularly and as of lae II eat fairly clean, with the exception of my insane sweet tooth. I do not do drugs, smoke, or drink. I've had severe insomnia since age 14 and until 3 years ago I ate fast food every day, sometimes twice a day. I am 33 years old.

I started using Minoxidil 10 months ago. The last 6 months I started using it on the front of my head only on the right receding hair line as an experiment to see if it may work for more than the vortex. My right hair line looks better than my left. ::Regimen below: :
- A-Z Vitamin, 500 mg C, fish oil, 1300 mg gelatin. (Still need to do research on which vitamins help hair )
- 1.5 mm Dermaroller 1x a week
- Minoxidil 2x daily on entire top on scalp (I wait 24 hrs after rolling).
- 2% Ketoconazole 2x a week (Kcz)
- Cold pressed castor oil 1x daily (will start in july)

1) Cheapest place to buy cold pressed castor oil?
2) Are there any studies of applying Minoxidil to the entire scalp?
3) Any studies on dermarolling 2x a week?
4) How long after rolling is Kcz safe?
5) Ever consider crushing then hydrating ibuprofen as an anti inflammatory for the scalp?
6) Using an ice pack as an anti inflammatory?
Microneedling irritates the scalp which likely means inflammation. Seems fitting to use Kcz after rolling but then it may enter the blood stream too heavily. I considered using an ice pack to reduce inflammation.
7) There are several studies on 1% vs 2% kcz on here but which to believe?
8) Kcz cream or shampoo?

Last edited:

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Cheapest place to buy cold pressed castor oil, ketoconazole, and finasteride?
Online, i'd guess. minoxidil ebay, ketoconazole ebay, finasteride: do you research
2) Can you use expired minoxidil? 3) Are there any studies of applying Minoxidil to the entire scalp?
Why use expired minoxidil when you can get 1 year supply for only about $60. Short answer, why risk it?

ReachBrian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alphalete, I did look online. Ebay is my go to. There are many places though and I am sure someone out there has found the best (or close to it) place by now. I agree with the why risk it comment. I almost put that on my post but it was lengthy already.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best of luck mate. Ever considering posting pictures? Makes thread much more interesting.