A Closer Look At: Calcium & Magnesium.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be afraid of calcium. You need calcium. But you also need magnesium. Thing is, most people's diet is just skewed towards too much calcium. I recommend a decent magnesium supplement. I use Magnesium chloride hexahydrate.

shahzaib100

Reaction score
Can anyone help

Can anyone please help me which supplement should I use for hairloss treatment. I have thin hairs at crown.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
I was on vacation in Mexico. What i noticed is that almost everybody there have a lot of hair... Maybe the Western eating habits cause hair loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Throughout our lives we have been told that calcium is good for our bones; "get as much calcium as you can", "drink your milk", etc. Well now there is new knowledge that claims the opposite. It is now said that without Vitamin D and magnesium, calcium is not properly absorbed into the bones and is instead stored in body tissues, ever hear of kidney stones? Bladder stones? Well I’ve recently heard of an interesting theory on balding.

Magnesium deficiency could be a very big part of the picture in regards to male pattern baldness. Magnesium is used for many things; two of them are used for glucose/blood sugar metabolism, and calcium absorption, among many others. Magnesium deficiency could possibly result in insulin resistance, type-two-diabetes, and even heart disease; all of which coincide with male pattern baldness!

Without magnesium, calcium can be mishandealed, leading to excess amounts being stored in the tissue.

Now, here is where it gets interesting, the theory went on to say that, calcium could be stored in the scalp tissue, and that too much calcium, will literally clog up your follicles! And cause you to have what is referred to as a "tight scalp".

Just think of your shower facet, when calcium-build-up gets too strong, the water can't flow out properly and the holes in that facet get clogged!

This is one of the many reasons why I believe dairy products such as milk, cheese and butter are one of the main reasons for hair loss. And like I’ve said before, having high blood glucose levels caused by eating sugary foods and drinks like candy/sweets and soda's/syrup will deplete magnesium, which means calcium does not get absorbed properly and is stored else where in the body other than the bones. This is why chronic consumption of sugar can cause the teeth to decay and rot.

It has been claimed that over 80% of the U.S.A. is deficient in magnesium. And yet the "professionals" tell us to drink more milk, get more calcium and forget to tell us about magnesium.

I personally believe that calcium has a huge role in male pattern baldness; I've always had this feeling, yet I couldn't make the connection until now. This is silly but let me say it. Black people are darker in complexion because they have absorbed more Vitamin D throughout their evolution, while white people haven't as much, now I have noticed that more white people bald sooner more often compared to black people, also I’ve heard that white people have more circulating levels of IGF-1 levels compared once again to black people.

I will tell you from personal experience that magnesium citrate has "loosened up my scalp". Whenever I raise my eyebrows, my whole scalp moves forward! I've never felt this before until I began taking 200%D.V. of Magnesium Citrate a week ago!

Anyhow, research magnesium and if you want to try I suggest you try magnesium citrate.
Great post !

Reaction score
Don't be afraid of calcium. You need calcium. But you also need magnesium. Thing is, most people's diet is just skewed towards too much calcium. I recommend a decent magnesium supplement. I use Magnesium chloride hexahydrate.

Not if your body can't utilize it properly.

When you eat foods that are acidic, your body releases calcium from the bones to alkalize the body. When the calcium is released, it is then stored in tissues such as: the kidneys, bladder and prostate. But I'm beginning to think that calcium deposits form on or around the scalp, preventing further growth, causing an inflammatory response and leading to the infamous patterns (receding hairline and vertex balding).

When there is too much intracellular calcium and not enough magnesium inside tissues, the tissues become insulin-resistant. Remember, it is well known that balding men have increased risk for: Insulin resistance/type-2-diabetes, atherosclerosis/heart disease and enlarged prostate/prostate cancer!

Could something as simple as a magnesium deficiency be one of the underlying causes of M.P.B.? Well, magnesium deficiency correlates with insulin resistance and diabetes, because large amounts of sugar will deplete magnesium in the cells and pulls calcium out of the bones where it is "free" to travel the body. Magnesium deficiency correlates with atherosclerosis because part of the progression of atherosclerosis is cholesterol and calcium build-up in the blood vessels, along with inflammation of course. And an enlarged prostate could correlate with prostatitis (calcium build-up within the prostate). Now when calcium gets deposited inside tissues, it creates inflammation.

So removing calcium deposits seems to be an effective way to help reverse M.P.B. Magnesium-citrate has been suggested to help dissolve calcium deposits. Red-red-wine, can help remove calcium deposits and reverse atherosclerosis and is shown to lower insulin levels and improve insulin sensitivity!

Hey man, I strongly believe in your theory. My forehead got larger, I think it's the calcification. I want to reverse this effect and thought about magnesium oil and 1000 mg magnesium / daily.

What is your suggestion on this?

Do you have any E-Mail where I can hit you up?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

abcdefg

Reaction score
Find a castrated young man and take away all his magnesium. Then you get to see if that is the issue if he would start balding. male pattern baldness would be a lot farther along if they just experimented on people instead of animals

Reaction score
Find a castrated young man and take away all his magnesium. Then you get to see if that is the issue if he would start balding. male pattern baldness would be a lot farther along if they just experimented on people instead of animals

Doesn't make sense. Balding people are different, I believe they can't utilize calcium properly.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now THAT would be a very short lasting experiment. Take away magnesium and see how quickly you keel over. Your heart would stop much sooner than you would start balding.

"male pattern baldness would be a lot farther along if they just experimented on people instead of animals"

I agree. Care to be first in line to donate your balls and/or life for scientific progress?

Reaction score
I went further in this.

You need at least 1 g Magnesium daily and some Vitamin K from greens.
Vitamin D3 and B12 will support the anti-calcification process.

This is a good book about that: https://books.google.com/books?id=6TKN-gly5JsC&printsec=frontcover

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Make sure to post pics when you're NW1.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
magnesium increase testosterone ?

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was taking 400mg of magnesium citrate for years before I started balding.

From what I've read D3 and K2 are the important vitamins for preventing/reversing calcification.

This is the most understandable theory on hairloss that I've read. If it were true you'd think it would be easily provable though...