A Cautionary Tale, Don't Let This Happen To You!!!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Friends,

A cautionary tale. Received a new unit from a Chinese mfg (I will reveal who they are if they don't make good).

They have my template and very exact specifications as to what I wanted. The unit arrived, I trimmed the lace expecting to get a haircut that weekend, which didn't happen. I put the unit away and waited until I could get an appointment with someone else.

I should have dry-fit the unit at least the night before. I didn't. I should have washed the unit before, I didn't.

Luckily, I decided to attach in the morning, leaving me a few hours. It was good that I did.

Shape: The unit was completely the wrong shape, and size. Front to back the system was ok, but side to side, it was NOT. One side stuck out quite a few inches (see the pics).

Fit: No darts in the lace, so I have wrinkles.

Hairline: Hairline was a C, and I ordered a CC.

Density: Ordered 90%, looks more like 80%.

Curl: This is a BIG disappointment. Ordered 30mm curl, and the unit had it. Once I washed, most of the curl disappeared, and when I brushed the hair into place, it's now completely straight.

Silicone: The unit must have been liberally doused in it. It took six attempts to attach, after an alcohol wash, the tape slid off. Tried glue, same thing. Washed the unit, dried, tape, failed. Tried three more times.

A half roll of tape, and probably a dozen contour tapes (front and back), as well as a pile of minis... and it's finally attached.

I should, really have canceled the appointment, since the haircut I wanted requires thicker, curlier hair. I can't, I waited for weeks, and he is one of the best, I will get blacklisted if I cancel. The problem is that I need a new system. My current system is on month seven, and I cut the lace on the newer one, doing my own haircut.

Always check the unit as soon as you get it!

At this point, since their first unit only lasted about a month, I was hoping this one, which was upgraded (European hair, supposedly), I will only be satisfied with a full refund.

IMG_4627.jpeg
IMG_4628.jpeg

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bummer...what is their refund or return policy? Is it mentioned on their website? Hope you get some sort of compensation, given you trimed, washed unit. Company I deal with allows for a return within 7 days as long as product return in same condition it was delivered.
Custom orders is another story...
Keep us posted.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bummer...what is their refund or return policy? Is it mentioned on their website? Hope you get some sort of compensation, given you trimed, washed unit. Company I deal with allows for a return within 7 days as long as product return in same condition it was delivered.
Custom orders is another story...
Keep us posted.

I can't return the unit, since I went ahead and kept the appointment. The saving grace was that the hair quality was good, and the stylist was able to work with it.

I will ask for some compensation. If not, they get blasted.

I will post pics after it's washed and styled.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
My stylist (new) did an admirable job. Still puffy... will need to settle down.

Waiting to hear back from the MFG, they have passed my complaints on to the factory, they should respond in a day or two.

IMG_4642.jpeg

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a post-mortem on this. The company, BX Hair offered a redo, with a discount (no full redo since I applied the system).

The reason for the size issue was they did not use the template! They had no excuses or explanation about the other issues.

I ditched the system, since it didn't fit correctly, and am now wearing a system from my primary source, OneHead Hair Replacement.

I won't use them again unless I need something very generic.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
They asked for a redo, which after three months of waiting, got lost.

Made another system, that was supposed to be done Monday, then they asked for yet another extension to the end of October.

Nobody waits six months for a hair system! I can learn how to make one, and do it myself in less time.

Now they are ghosting me on the refund.

Stay away from bxhair!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. It only looked good for a couple of weeks. I have a much better looking system now.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks/looked fine.

But I can identify with your being disappointed by the quality of service you received.

I can't believe it took that many washes to make the base clean enough for application of adhesives.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Their website is down. Did you put them out of business? :D :D :D

They are always changing their name... it's Shunfa Hair.... they have a few websites.

They now do all of their knotting in North Korea.

They are bottom feeders, refuse to refund my $$$.