a cashier with crown thinning just called me "bald"

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Damn this feels like a deja vu of what everyone was telling me when I first joined like 6 yrs ago. "You're young and you still have hair all over, it's just miniaturized. finasteride will give great results", etc. Hope you have better luck with that stuff, Zeroman, I really do!
But you dident sticked with treatment, so how can you compare

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
yea hopefully thanks for the sentiment man.

man tbh i know this depressed you as much as it does me, ever thought about a second shot?

let me think, if you say you have erectyile problems already then maybe getting on it again doesn't really matter?

I already tried the 2nd time and I just gotta admit it: finasteride just makes me feel like **** but doesn't help my hair at all. I was practically impotent while I was on it the 2nd time and my sperm was like gel and completely see-through. That's tough luck but I have to accept it.

But you dident sticked with treatment, so how can you compare

finasteride should give noticeable results in 1,5 yrs (that's 18 months and IT IS long enough) if it's working. I kept losing ground all that time.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I already tried the 2nd time and I just gotta admit it: finasteride just makes me feel like **** but doesn't help my hair at all. I was practically impotent while I was on it the 2nd time and my sperm was like gel and completely see-through. That's tough luck but I have to accept it.

finasteride should give noticeable results in 1,5 yrs (that's 18 months and IT IS long enough) if it's working. I kept losing ground all that time.
It's called shedding and it's suppose to happen

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
at least 2 years

i know i will have limited time with treatments

im thinking of an end plan, perhaps i could get a body hair transplant or maybe transplant a very strong frontal region + hair system in the back

sorry but i just CANNOT deal with the thought of being bald

Exodus, here is my sincere advice. You (naturally) are clinging on to the old you, the one with hair. That person is dying(figuratively). Meds can only delay the outcome.
Its a losing battle.
You have two options.

1. Do meds etc. This will delay you getting bald by 25-27-ish at best. Then spend next 5 years coming to terms with it. By that time you will be nearing mid 30s, and your friends and acquaintances would have seen you going bald and all that goes with it (not a good thing). This will hit your dating prospects really hard, when you are looking to settle down.

2. Come to terms with being bad now, it will take you 5-6 years. You will be 25. But by 25-27 you will get new friends, proper adults, and they would not have seen you go bald. Plus, by 28-29 you would have spent time on improving yourself, and would be rated desirable as a partner (hopefully) because of this work (incl career). 28-35 is prime age for men. You will end up with a better partner with this option than option 1.

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
Exodus, here is my sincere advice. You (naturally) are clinging on to the old you, the one with hair. That person is dying(figuratively). Meds can only delay the outcome.
Its a losing battle.
You have two options.

1. Do meds etc. This will delay you getting bald by 25-27-ish at best. Then spend next 5 years coming to terms with it. By that time you will be nearing mid 30s, and your friends and acquaintances would have seen you going bald and all that goes with it (not a good thing). This will hit your dating prospects really hard, when you are looking to settle down.

2. Come to terms with being bad now, it will take you 5-6 years. You will be 25. But by 25-27 you will get new friends, proper adults, and they would not have seen you go bald. Plus, by 28-29 you would have spent time on improving yourself, and would be rated desirable as a partner (hopefully) because of this work (incl career). 28-35 is prime age for men. You will end up with a better partner with this option than option 1.
delaying the outcome is what i want anyways. yea of course i knew it was likely for me to lose hair in the future, i was thinking if its 25-30 i wont care too much but my age was just too early.

my dad is nw6 and he started thinning when he was 23.

yea i know if i delay it to mid 20s i'll see if i still care.

and not really a "losing battle". what i want most is to experience youth/life again, by 25-30 im sure i will care a lot less

you're a cynical a**h** about this but you CAN get a hair transplant even with diffuse thinning. u just have to be content with using either concealer, body hair + short hair, or the hair transplant in front and hair system in back thing. trust me i've done too much research for my own good.

im going to go with option 1 i've been on option 1 for a while anyways

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
For how long?

I experienced almost no hair loss for like 10 or so years until I stupidly decided to try some steroids earlier this year. I would probably have 90-95% of the hair when I started finasteride in 2002 I think it was. Also its easier to regrow hair when your younger and hair that you lost more recently is also easier to regrow. OP will experience if he doesn't let finasteride's overblown side effects get into head and quit.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I experienced almost no hair loss for like 10 or so years until I stupidly decided to try some steroids earlier this year. I would probably have 90-95% of the hair when I started finasteride in 2002 I think it was. Also its easier to regrow hair when your younger and hair that you lost more recently is also easier to regrow. OP will experience if he doesn't let finasteride's overblown side effects get into head and quit.

That's such bull to try and say that finasteride will work for zeroman 100%. Well, it's no surprise that it comes from someone for whom it supposedly worked. No one really knows if your hairloss would've halted anyways. Someone would probably think that it worked for me also 'cause I still have some hair after 6 yrs. But my twin brother still has the same amount as me (or maybe even more!) and he never used treatments.

ben760

Established Member
Reaction score
zeroman, you got a nice shape of head so i envy you my head is flat at the back. this type of head suits the bald look. but losing it at a young age really makes it sucks.

Quadzilla99

Established Member
Reaction score
That's such bull to try and say that finasteride will work for zeroman 100%. Well, it's no surprise that it comes from someone for whom it supposedly worked. No one really knows if your hairloss would've halted anyways. Someone would probably think that it worked for me also 'cause I still have some hair after 6 yrs. But my twin brother still has the same amount as me (or maybe even more!) and he never used treatments.
Yeah, I'm sure my male pattern baldness would have stopped naturally at 21 LOL gtfo here with that ****

Zeroman

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm sure my male pattern baldness would have stopped naturally at 21 LOL gtfo here with that ****
i know he is obsessed with propecia sides

look ghg you are an alright guy but fact is, propecia is a powerful med that has a 90% chance of stopping your hair loss, 45% chance of regrowing significant amounts of hair

some people DO have sides, like every other drug out there. ur one of the ones who had sides so naturally you will not like it. but thats YOU

plenty of people take propecia with no problems, i know like 5 off the top of my head who take or have taken it no problems

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I got a little gyno from daily dose (not something searious) so I changed to taking it every other day, according to studies it's effective as daily dose,dident noticed any sexual side, but I did noticed something, not releted to finasteride, certain foods earpiece lily those with a lot of oil may increase dht and make hair and face to be oily and also scalp to itch

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
i know he is obsessed with propecia sides

look ghg you are an alright guy but fact is, propecia is a powerful med that has a 90% chance of stopping your hair loss, 45% chance of regrowing significant amounts of hair

some people DO have sides, like every other drug out there. ur one of the ones who had sides so naturally you will not like it. but thats YOU

plenty of people take propecia with no problems, i know like 5 off the top of my head who take or have taken it no problems

I'm not obsessed with sides, infact I deal with them reasonably well compared to most ppl with side-effects this drastic. I just think it's ****ing stupid to state it as a fact that you'll get a complete turn-around to your hairloss with finasteride. You're very lucky if you can get regrowth with finasteride. slowing of hairloss, maintenance, well that's a more reasonable thing to expect. And yeah, like beingbaldsucksass (another famous side-effect disser here) proved with his gyno post, there's a good chance of side-effects. Worsening of gyno was one of the first things I experienced.

Northman

Established Member
Reaction score
just goes to show what his personality is like

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/gallery/7ENro

just about to upload images of my hair, wow

strong coincidence. who here said girls dont care about hair? (look at all the girls practicaly nutting)

- - - Updated - - -

captain forehead is now red

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/a/znRJc

here are pics

yea its pretty bad but if i still see lots of miniaturized hairs i can hopefully thicken up with propecia. add in i can still use concealer and i think i can do ok for now

That doesn't look bad to me. The hair line is intact and with that cut at least I do not see a transition to thin from the sides really at all.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just think it's ****ing stupid to state it as a fact that you'll get a complete turn-around to your hairloss with finasteride. You're very lucky if you can get regrowth with finasteride. slowing of hairloss, maintenance, well that's a more reasonable thing to expect.

Yeah I agree some people have wholly, unrealistic expectations with finasteride results. In my experience from all the stories I've read and seen here, it can in some cases work wonders for diffuse thinners, however receders rarely seem to get anything more than maintenance and maybe a bit of minor, barely noticeable, regrowth from finasteride.

As a NW3 myself, I simply can't justify going back on it and risking the sides again. The costs outweigh the benefits. If it was going to give me a male model square hairline for my troubles then that would be different, but what's the point in going on finasteride, getting sides and still having what other (non hair loss suffering) people regard as a receding hairline? Even if it is slightly less receded than before??

People (girls included) aren't going to care or even notice if you've regrown an extra half a Norwood, you're hairline will still look receded as ever to them and they'll care a whole lot more about what you've got in your pants and whether you can get it up 100%, not just 80% or 90%.

Even pro-finasteride posters like Rawtashk admit that there is a tradeoff with finasteride, i.e "you keep 80% extra hair, but you have 20% less potency"

So unless finasteride is going to give me miracle regrowth and like some of those diffuse thinners, I'd rather be a buff baldy p**rn star thank you very much :devil:

Admittedly it's a horrible catch 22, but satisfying a woman 100% in bed is more important to me than maintaining a half-head of hair for the next 10 years.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I'm not obsessed with sides, infact I deal with them reasonably well compared to most ppl with side-effects this drastic. I just think it's ****ing stupid to state it as a fact that you'll get a complete turn-around to your hairloss with finasteride. You're very lucky if you can get regrowth with finasteride. slowing of hairloss, maintenance, well that's a more reasonable thing to expect. And yeah, like beingbaldsucksass (another famous side-effect disser here) proved with his gyno post, there's a good chance of side-effects. Worsening of gyno was one of the first things I experienced.
Signs of gyno started for me when I changed from a month of every other day to every day,3 days after changing the dose, I immidiatly ly stopped for a week and returned to every other day again, its improved,anyway reduction in sexual feeling won't make me stopping finasteride, I'm too horny anyway and I don't like it, but gyno is something that I ain't gonna cope with,never

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel like my gyno is getting worse now that i am on finasteride but when i feel cold the gyno disappears

WastedYears

Reaction score
wat the ****.

im diffusing but im not bald -_-

- - - Updated - - -

i felt numb for the first 5 minutes than what he said hit me like goddamn brick wall and i just ended up crying in front of my two friends

ahhhhh god is such a loving figure

Legit question - why did you not disfigure his face at the spot?

- - - Updated - - -

wat the ****.

- - - Updated - - -

i felt numb for the first 5 minutes than what he said hit me like goddamn brick wall and i just ended up crying in front of my two friends

- - - Updated - - -

wat the ****.

- - - Updated - - -