A Canadian problem

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been lurking around the site for a few weeks. Seems like one of the most active (and a purtty website) compare to other ones. I am new to the whole male pattern baldness problem. But I have done my research and I have decided to go with the "Big 3".

- Just wanted to ask any fellow canadians about minoxidil 5% and proscar!

1) - Where is the cheapest place to buy minoxidil 5% (cas if I purchase over the net, the bastards @ customs might use it for themselves.) ? I just started w/ the 2% and man I got my shirt ripped off my back. $68 CDN for 2months GENERIC minoxidil (wtf..its not even Rogaine). Then i found out Wal-Mart sells the 2% Rogaine for $40 CDN :cry: .

2) - And how much is proscar at the local crack-spot? Has anyone tried buying proscar or generic finasteride via website (did they make it to the door or did the customs nab it)?

Lastly - A question for the general mass.

I have been wondering if I should go to a hair treatment clinique. Has anyone been to HairClub or anything similar? Are they helpful or they just want to pull down your pants, steel your manhood and rob you at the same time ?

A little about myself: 22 student w/ diffuse thinning and optimistic about the future. I hope that in the next 2-5 years something revolutionary will come out to combat male pattern baldness. Got my chips on OSH101, Intercytex's cell therapy and tissue eng. (aka "hair cloning" .. prob not in next 5 years but one can blindly hope).

Over the last few weeks, I have been addicted to this site. Seen all tears dropping, all the bitchin', the joy of growing a thick healthy shaft (hair and cack).... SO much drama. :cry: I love you guys ... :love:

Diddy

Established Member
Reaction score
forget buying proscar online, you can get the stuff locally for slightly more then generic from brazil/india. I pay $40 Canadian for 30 pills. Quarter that and you have a 4 months supply. I think anyone can afford that. $7.50 a month.

As far as minoxidil goes, someone else has to get that one, don't use the stuff myself.

Hey at least we got 2% nizoral here in canada, so its not all bad here :)

Reaction score
Sup Diddy,

Wow $40 for 30 pills ~ better than i expected. I thought it would way more than that. Visiting my Doctor next week to get a prescription.

Yea nizoral 2% is OTC here. I was surprised to see that. I was very happy that I didnt need another prescription for the nizoral. Got ripped off on my first bottle too -- paid $16 while it was $10 elsewhere. Fcukin Honest Ed's ... its a "bargain store" (my :moon: ).

oh well - live and learn. Thnx for replying.

Reaction score
BTW Diddy, which pharmacy do u go to get ur proscar? Is it a local one in your area or is it one of the big guys (ie: Shoppers, PharmaPlus, IDA , etc.)

CanadaGuy

Reaction score
I get my minoxidil from shopinprivate.com. A four month supply of Kirkland 5% for $29.99 US plus shipping. I just received an eight month supply from them that was opened at customs but they let it through. I've ordered from them many times and occasionally customs takes a peek but it always arrives. I did have to pay duty on it.

As far as finasteride goes, I order the generic stuff from dru-online.com. It's sent in an envelope and customs never bothers with it. 60 5mg pills for $44.99 US plus shipping. I split them each 5 ways and it lasts 300 days!

Reaction score
Awsome! thanx for the info CanadaGuy. I am glad to hear that the 5% minoxidil and proscar comes thru customs.

I will try to get both locally first. I would prefer getting the proscar pills locally. THe price is the same for 30 pills (about $40) on the website u provided and what Diddy pays @ his pharmacy. Visiting my Doctor and derm. next week to get a Rx.

But my main concern was the 5% minoxidil. I dunno how much is it here (prob quite expensive). If all else fails, I will take your route. Once again, thanx for the good news.

BTW just curious - how much duty did u have to pay?

CanadaGuy

Reaction score
$10.69 CDN

If your Doctor will prescribe Proscar instead of Propecia, then get it locally. Mine wouldn't do it.

Diddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Johnny, i get my proscar at shoppers. Really late so there's no chance i'll see someone i might know :)

Reaction score
Wow thanx for all the help Diddy and CanadianGuy. I love these forums cas they do work. You guys have brought a great amount of relief to this newbie. Cant thank you guys nuff.

Diddy, thats a great idea (late nite Rx pickup). Never thought of how to be discrete. U are cunning. :)