A bizzare alternative question.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to ask everyone a serious question and don't take this in a whacky Ronaldkia way!

IF you seriously, without ANY doubt, believed that you were not losing your hair and that your hair grows quickly, is strong and is healthy and that you were genuinely in an absolute manner of purity both happy and grateful; would you be losing your hair?

I ask this question due to research I am conducting for my health blog. The question above relates in part to the law of attraction and how your thoughts influence your cells (your biological make up).

Someone who is losing their hair finds it hard to believe anything else but that simple aforementioned fact "that their losing their hair". It is difficult

The question I ask provokes some heated debated in health circles and lends itself greatly to holistic (alternative) healing methodologies.

I know some of you may say it's complete whackary but you have all heard of the people who are so strong willed that they cure their cancers, etc? Same principle, different ailment.

Do you give credence to the mind body connection?

Again, this is a serious question and I am looking for some thoughtful answers minus any flaming. I hope to collect data from people experiencing hair loss, as I, in order to help with my theoretical presentation on law of attraction, mind body connection and the influence of thoughts on cells.

Thanks.

bubka

Reaction score
i don't even understand the question? people think they are losing hair and they are not? and that starts hairloss?

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mind over matter with hairloss? Hard to see that as a cure. I am the most strong willed person ever and totally believe in that principal for certain things. But not for this.

There would be a much greater success rate because everyone goes into treatments for this with high expectations and believing it will work.

And as far as losing hair... stress is a factor in it so it can be self induced. But i just think if you have the gene it just accelerates it.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Skyline,

Thanks for your response.

I don't doubt that some treatments are effective, but by adding genuine untainted belief into your regimen with those treatments should have a greater and much more profound effect.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Studies done on cancer patients shows that beliefs/attitudes to the illness have no effect on outcomes, so the same probably goes for hairloss.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It took me a while to work out what you meant but the answer to your question would be 'yes', the mind only plays a small part in my opinion.

s.a.f

Reaction score
So said:
Do you give credence to the mind body connection?

Not with hairloss its 99% genetics.

G

so, i like you buddy, but this project will go nowhere. as someone already said about cancer patients they are 100% right. and as saf said about genetics, he is 100% right as well.

male pattern baldness is genetics. Wishing or hoping or feeling depressed will do nothing to change the natural course. Only drugs will. Drugs. You can get hope from drugs.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

The purpose of this data gathering is to add general consensus to my article which will propose further heated debate amongst those to which it is distributed.

Funny thing Global mentions about the cancer patients. I say this because I have another colleague who swears by accounts (reference) that the total opposite is true for select individuals.

Possibly those who were monitored in the tests referenced by Global did not have a true untainted belief. Because there is no way to know for sure what they were truly thinking at the time of measuring the results, patients tested could have been coupling negative with positive thoughts and vice versa. All be it a positive thought is much more powerful than a negative to some degree, by switching back an forth between patterns of thought, somewhat sporadically through out the day will yield you no positive result. Hence the test was seen to show thought has no influence.

Oh and JayMan, one question for you. Do you tend to agree that depression is a product of stress? Stress as some suggest aggravates hair loss. I'd say depression, that represents itself in a low level form of stress attributes to the natural course of hair loss reaching it's nasty NW7 end much quicker.

Anyway guys, thanks so far!

G

So said:
Oh and JayMan, one question for you. Do you tend to agree that depression is a product of stress? Stress as some suggest aggravates hair loss. I'd say depression, that represents itself in a low level form of stress attributes to the natural course of hair loss reaching it's nasty NW7 end much quicker.

Anyway guys, thanks so far!

I think it's ridiculous to say that depression is a product of stress. in some cases stress can be a product of depression, but there have been plenty of time where i was stressed yet was not depressed at all. stress only aggravates hair loss in totally extreme forms and in the telogen effluvium form will lose hair from all over.

i think the whole thing is wrong.

G

either way, stress is a very small reason for male pattern baldness. genetics are the cause of male pattern baldness. 99%