A better pic of me...buzz or grow out?

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Well im ganna do a good comparison... I can either keep buzzing...every 5-6 days...for $5-$6...or I can wear a hat...(b/c theres no way im showing my hair till it hits 2-3 inches) and wear my hair down...or spike it up but once its spiked @ certain angles its EXTREMELY THIN) Take a look guys...with the long hair im 17 and with the buzzed hair im 18/19...I know its hard 2 compare cuz of the 2 diff styles...but Im thinking i lost major ground and am doomed to Nw5/6? My hair I now dub ghost hair..i really cant tell if its thin...as some angles show...or theres a pattern...which shows when I do a overhead shot of my buzzcut...BUT THERES ONE SHOT to the side of my head where both appear @ the same level of thinness.. I feel that these images show a good analysis of my hair overall as well as my follicular density...and what I can further do to win my war. Btw taug...if ur reading this..take alook @ my hair spiked up...from the front it looks good but from overhead u still see my scalp...that my friend is true thinning...not the sh*t ur going through. and Im 5 years younger then you. Consider that. What Norwood would you guys say I am (even though my thinning doesn't exactly follow Norwood rules)

Picture061.jpg

Picture057.jpg

mojewlosy.jpg

sus1.jpg

sus5.jpg

mehair2.JPG

wlosy007.jpg

wlosy023.jpg

wlosy014-1.jpg

G

hair looks fine in the first pic. would it still look like that grown out? if so i'd try growing it out.

but it doesnt look bad even buzzed though dude. youre lucky that youre a diffuser if you want to try the buzzed look because your hairline still looks fine and if you cut it short enough you remove the contrast between the balding and hair areas and people focus on the hairline anyway.

choice is yours.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Jayman I got a few more pics up and I edited my post...you know what else is pissing me off...despite my using nizoral...2% sometimes even on consecutive days I continue to have dandruff...and I never realized how much hairs I shed till I started going to my new job...as a security officer...with a black shirt...dear god. In the picture with my buzzed hair with the back of my head...is it normal for that much scalp to show? i really dunno nemore lol im caring less and less...but still give a f*** that I have a big forehead, and that I look diseased, unless i grow my hair 3inches+ and cant use any product OR keep it buzzed.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Iuno...I think with this diffuse b.s. you have a certain hairline...but I dont think you really lose it..or its combined with something...like I think im ganna diffuse totally keep my hairline but have a crown like zidane...or maybe even keep my hairline totally like that guy we saw a few weeks ago who has EXTREMELY sparse hair but is still a Nw1...his density was like 1/20th of mine yet still a NW1! Its a toss up...all i know is my dad's hairline is kinna high like mine but he still has temples but has a bit of crown thinning going on and his hair looks just as brutal as mine when buzzed...his dad was like Norwood 6 @ age 35....and thats like IT in terms of balding in my family! my mom has thin hair for a woman but nothing like mine....and her dad along with all 7!!! of his brothers PLUS his dad greyed fast...but remained Nw1-Nw2's....actually all the bros are alive and well into their 70's with smoke grey hair...just my luck eh lol. And my bro is thinning @ his young age but barely...my hair looked way worse @ his age.

G

MacAttack said:
Well Iuno...I think with this diffuse b.s. you have a certain hairline...but I dont think you really lose it..or its combined with something...like I think im ganna diffuse totally keep my hairline but have a crown like zidane...or maybe even keep my hairline totally like that guy we saw a few weeks ago who has EXTREMELY sparse hair but is still a Nw1...his density was like 1/20th of mine yet still a NW1! Its a toss up...all i know is my dad's hairline is kinna high like mine but he still has temples but has a bit of crown thinning going on and his hair looks just as brutal as mine when buzzed...his dad was like Norwood 6 @ age 35....and thats like IT in terms of balding in my family! my mom has thin hair for a woman but nothing like mine....and her dad along with all 7!!! of his brothers PLUS his dad greyed fast...but remained Nw1-Nw2's....actually all the bros are alive and well into their 70's with smoke grey hair...just my luck eh lol. And my bro is thinning @ his young age but barely...my hair looked way worse @ his age.

Same here. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna keep my hairline where it is (probably NW2), it's the area behind it that is going.

antonio666

Reaction score
it looks alright when dry,but i think not so good when wet,although it has thinned,the hair remaining looks good quality and if i had saw you 18 months ago before i started going bald ,i would not have even thought you were going bald

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score
if it wasn't for your dry pic, i wouldn't have thought you to be balding at all. everyone will see quite a bit of scalp when taking a photo straight down on your head. the blitz will light up the immidiate area. try taking a photo adjusted slightly to one side. you'll see that it appears thinner there.

though, i can see some scalp when it's dry and that's more worrying imo.

G

Yes, I agree your thinning is worse than mine particularly if we keep in mind that you are only 18 (I am 25 btw :) ). So my advice: Grow it out a bit and try Toppil!

P.S.: I see no hairline recession at all, your Norwood is 1.5 at worst!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First pic just a bit shorter..spiked and bit messed up would look good, hides any thinning. Buzzed looks pretty good tho..your girl is nice so you doin o.k. :)

You and Taug whilst much younger than me have ten times more hair then me...I had hair not far off yours 6 months ago ...now its really shite and gettin worse. You have nothing to worry about as long as you can slow loss right down and maybe make some gains..If you had aggressive hairloss like me you really would freak :freaked2:

G

Nick4441 said:
First pic just a bit shorter..spiked and bit messed up would look good, hides any thinning. Buzzed looks pretty good tho..your girl is nice so you doin o.k. :)

You and Taug whilst much younger than me have ten times more hair then me...I had hair not far off yours 6 months ago ...now its really shite and gettin worse. You have nothing to worry about as long as you can slow loss right down and maybe make some gains..If you had aggressive hairloss like me you really would freak :freaked2:

My hair loss is agressive as well. You don´t know what hair I had three or four years ago.....And let´s see how my "hair" looks at your age!

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Heh i wish she was my missus...just a friend actually, no chick on the horizon just had a few one nighters here and there...altho Im hoping to land something stable im not chasing...thats the key to romantic satisfaction (@ this age anyways:p)

Reaction score
MacAttack said:
Heh i wish she was my missus...just a friend actually, no chick on the horizon just had a few one nighters here and there...altho Im hoping to land something stable im not chasing...thats the key to romantic satisfaction (@ this age anyways:p)

damn bro i feel you man i'm the same age and like my hair looks a lot worse than it did when i was 17. it actually looked good styled like yours in the first pic.

anyway where you at man? if your friend is single man i'd love to take her out on a date! :D

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GonnaBeatHairLoss said:
MacAttack said:

damn bro i feel you man i'm the same age and like my hair looks a lot worse than it did when i was 17. it actually looked good styled like yours in the first pic.

anyway where you at man? if your friend is single man i'd love to take her out on a date! :D

damn your desperate.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Basically the same spot...still single...still dealing with ladies on and off...the buzzcut has given me a bit of an aggressive edge and i get constantly told initial impressions equate me as being a player...then they notice my true nature n seem 2 run away lol. As for the hair....seems to be barely maintaining...some days it looks shittier...some days it looks better..truth must be somewhere in btwn so i figure im maintaining.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
N guys leave the guy alone...theres a lot more desperate people, you could clearly tell he was joking. (but if ur not she has been taken for 3 years :p sorry bud)