A Balding Theory About Dating Women

Statto

My Regimen
Reaction score
For a long time I've had this theory, and it's a theory that I do not have any clinical evidence on, but I do have a certain amount of anecdotal evidence.

Are women more likely to date a balding/bald man if her own father is bald/balding?

I've thought for a long time that women who have a dad with a full head of hair are A LOT less likely to want to date a bald/balding man. It would make sense. Why would a woman want to take back her tufthead/slaphead of a boyfriend back to her family who all have juvenile heads of hair? It just wouldn't make sense. She'd be degrading herself - decreasing the genetic force of nature. Think of the kids that would be produced. If one or more of them are male, there's just a chance they might go bald early. Who wants that? Especially when you've got a family history of luscious heads of hair. When you're in that situation, you want to keep the genetic quality high - why would you lower it? At the end of the day, male pattern baldness is a major genetic flaw, but some women will be more accepting of it than others.

Who are those women accepting of it? Ah, yes! The ones who already have hair loss amongst the males in their families. I'll tell you something: women are going to be a lot more comfortable with a genetic flaw like hair loss in a man if they already have experience of putting up with it.

I've noticed several cases of this - well, I've noticed a few girls who have bald dads who are going out with guys who are balding. I know there are other factors that influence things as well, but I'm pretty sure hairloss is a factor.

Sokubo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the father is necessarily, but if they grow up with men who have nice, full hair, they're more likely to look for a partner who has that, as that's what they're used to.

Unless they're in a rebellious stage. Then maybe they would want a guy who is slick bald.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I've covered this already... Girls tend to date their fathers, not bluntly and as open as you think. But subconsciously they look for something they're comfortable with and girls who have bald fathers tend to be more open to dating a bald man as it is something they're used to.

I'm sure you've seen it where a beautiful girls father is fat and she ends up dating some chubby dude and completely overlooks his weight.

Torin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it's about tolerating it more because their fathers are bald, they are probably somewhat attracted to it as well.

Singer Hayley Williams with her father and husband Chad Gilbert who's balding:

tumblr_m37el6S2sv1qc1d51o1_r1_500.png

748d5dfcd09d0d6e0824b6352e983525.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
This post is masturbation at its finest. But my answer is this... 100% yes.

darnell sanders

My Regimen
Reaction score
i mean i guess anything is possible i think it is more to do with the fact that there close to a bold man (dad) its just what there used to and comfortable with so a bold partner isn't weird or different to them