A 2 Year Update On My Teenage Battle With Hairloss

Should I become a monk in some other land and grow a NW6 badass ponytail?

• Yes dammit!

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No, get an education you fool.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man ! keep your head up ! im 25 and always looking at the mirror too, you are not alone.

I am 6''3 so cant really understand your height situation.. but do you hit the gym ? i think a muscular body can work it if you are short !

For the ''hair loss + trying to be an actor'' problem (so to be attractive is impellent..) : 3 questions

Can you grow a beard / Are you tan / Have you considered Scalp semi-micropigmentation (not the permanent one but the 1-2 years one)

Because there are A LOT of hot guys, even models, with a shaved head ! (but you need AT LEAST a shadow for framing your face)
If you are white like me having a tan is important with a shaved head ! (thats why black, south american, etc) look good with a shaved head !

Thats why Pale white male with a shaved head and no beard get treated likes cancerous people..

And third, if you have a really good jawline then no problem, but if not ! growing a beard can compensate for it ! It also help framing your face !
Just look at before/after beard pics of bald men. It ALWAYS looks better with a beard (unless you have a model jawline).

hang on ! there's hope fella

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Context: I'm now 21 (started losing at 18/19 back in 2016).
Regimen: Propecia once daily (max dose), rogaine twice daily.

I'll be honest, this isn't too uplifting. -

I've always struggled with body image and OCD, so when I first noticed my hairloss I started using drugs and became wreckless for a good 3 months. Now I've stabilised at the level of living hell; here's why:

When you lose your hair in your teens you a.) notice everyone else's hairlines, and b.) (esp. with OCD) constantly look in the mirror to see if it's noticeable, and of course it is always getting worse. It's like having your goolies strapped up to a constant electric current that is slowly increasing with time...

Here's what's even worse: I'm short (5'8) and I want to be an actor... which is all about image. With a full head of hair, I was handsome but it's slipping away so fast, I look awful with short hair lol!

This regimen is expensive and i couldn't afford it for 2 months and i lost ALOT of ground, yet regardless i'm still losing a noticeable amount each year, can't win right.

I was in therapy for years and years but I gave it up because i really wasn't vibing to it and boy did I work at it! I also gave up my mobile phone because i can't stand looking in the camera as i know im just feeding the problem.

Anything I do this hairloss always hangs over me, I'm just depressed. I'm finding it harder and harder to live with; it's not just about hair, it's about my confidence, my youth and my feeling good in myself; to lose that at 19 is hard and it doesn't get easier.

I suppose that this isn't so much a what to do, i've read every article I can but i've given up on a solution (for the foreseeable future). Hell I know if they cure it in the next few years then i'll experience a feeling like no other person ever has but honestly thinking like that breaks my heart!

It's a tough hand i've been dealt and every month pushes me closer to folding.

When I noticed I was losing my hair I also went through an emotional crisis myself due to the realization of age and the possibility of actually going bald. I loved and love my hair and so losing it was really depressing.

I watched A LOT of movies about things such as the early days of AIDS and how men were ostracized and died with KS lesions all over or people that had cancer a etc. It really gave me a new perspective of really how insignificant my problem was. Because it is. I am not saying it is not okay to feel bad about it but MOST men lose their hair. It is not an uncommon disease we are suffering from. It is as common as wrinkles.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I noticed I was losing my hair I also went through an emotional crisis myself due to the realization of age and the possibility of actually going bald. I loved and love my hair and so losing it was really depressing.

I watched A LOT of movies about things such as the early days of AIDS and how men were ostracized and died with KS lesions all over or people that had cancer a etc. It really gave me a new perspective of really how insignificant my problem was. Because it is. I am not saying it is not okay to feel bad about it but MOST men lose their hair. It is not an uncommon disease we are suffering from. It is as common as wrinkles.

You are right, most men lose their hair...

the problems is being bald so young like us !

I work in a restaurant and man.. i served so many couple where the man was bald but he was with an attractive woman !! But it is always a man minimum 40-50 years old and more +

but a bald 20's man with a really attractive woman.. i can't remember... women after 40's tend to care less about hair i guess.

The really mentally bad side of being bald is to be in your 20's-30's , for me ..

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Vinc, I'd immerse yourself in the stories people have told here. There's a lot of venting and frustration, and a lot of good humor and joking around. It will give you perspective.
Stay away from drugs.
I believe my nephew got addicted to heroin in his early 20's, as an escape from balding.
He's dead now...

Bigoldben

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man ! keep your head up ! im 25 and always looking at the mirror too, you are not alone.

I am 6''3 so cant really understand your height situation.. but do you hit the gym ? i think a muscular body can work it if you are short !

For the ''hair loss + trying to be an actor'' problem (so to be attractive is impellent..) : 3 questions

Can you grow a beard / Are you tan / Have you considered Scalp semi-micropigmentation (not the permanent one but the 1-2 years one)

Because there are A LOT of hot guys, even models, with a shaved head ! (but you need AT LEAST a shadow for framing your face)
If you are white like me having a tan is important with a shaved head ! (thats why black, south american, etc) look good with a shaved head !

Thats why Pale white male with a shaved head and no beard get treated likes cancerous people..

And third, if you have a really good jawline then no problem, but if not ! growing a beard can compensate for it ! It also help framing your face !
Just look at before/after beard pics of bald men. It ALWAYS looks better with a beard (unless you have a model jawline).

hang on ! there's hope fella

I work in a shop in a village predominantly inhabited by old people at the moment, you can count on one hand (virtually one finger) the number of men with a full head of hair older than 70.