mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil thickens existing hair as well as promotes regrowth. Also, the Lasercomb has been FDA-approved for thickening hair.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is way to go on thickening existing hair and regrowing new :)

viperfish

Reaction score
scribe99 said:
Thanks for the replies.

Only thing that is holding me back is just not wanting to start using it too soon, so that way I can add it later when I might need it more.

But... I'm considering just going on it to get some more quality of hair right now.

Consider the lasercomb then????

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Viperfish, before you get slammed with statements about how you work for Lexington blah blah blah...let me say that I am quite pleased by the LC like you. It amazes me that folks would say that you work for a certain company just because you found a product that works for you and want to share with others that are having a similar struggle as you. Eeesh! I've seen here before and no doubt after your post we'll see it again. When something works, hey, you got to tell someone! Why don't some here target a poster that has had good success with the "Big 3 or 5" as working for those companies? I dunno. Just please keep us posted about how the LC is working out for you as I'm interested along with others here:)

Greg

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good choice on the spironolactone.......and since minoxidil for you is down the road....i would atleast pick up a thickening shampoo..they actually work very well.I mean they arent miracle workers but it might make you happy enough where you can hold off on minoxidil for a while and be satisfied

Portunfio

Reaction score
I've started minoxidil a few weeks ago along with generic Proscar..

I have to say that I noticed the volume of shedding has substantially decayed.

I'm hoping that fincar will not only maintain, but also volumize my hair.

I suggest you stay on it for at least 6 months, even up to a year. You should notice a difference in texture and in look with finasteride. I noticed it last year when I was on Propecia for a few months!

As far as minoxidil goes, I think it completely complements finasteride. I think it will thicken your hair along with a little nizoral on the side.

That's my two cents!

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lasercomb has not been FDA to thicken hair. That is a stupid thing to say. Everyone that I know that try the Lasercomb did nothing but loss $400 for the product. It's something does not work and the people that sell it should go to jail for stealing money. But you must understand that mvpsoft has no clue about hair loss products. I'm sorry but telling people information that is completely false is inmoral, in my book.

Use 0.5MG of propecia instead of 1MG and see if the side effect goes away and you will still get some finasteride in your system to stop DHT.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just for the record, in a study that was posted on here a while back, minoxidil was proven to thicken hair faster (done by hair weights) but in 2 years propecia caught up. so i think you are right in your decision to wait it out and don't use minoxidil yet. :) best of luck

viperfish

Reaction score
ACT10Npack said:
Lasercomb has not been FDA to thicken hair. That is a stupid thing to say. Everyone that I know that try the Lasercomb did nothing but loss $400 for the product. It's something does not work and the people that sell it should go to jail for stealing money. But you must understand that mvpsoft has no clue about hair loss products. I'm sorry but telling people information that is completely false is inmoral, in my book.

Use 0.5MG of propecia instead of 1MG and see if the side effect goes away and you will still get some finasteride in your system to stop DHT.

The lasercomb has NOT been FDA approved for thickening??? Where do you get off saying that??? Seeing as "everyone" you know had no success with the lasercomb it must really not work. Darn!! Jees, I know alot of people that have had 0 success with propecia. That must not work either. $400?? Thats not even the right amount for the lasercomb!!!! There is also a money back guarantee if the sh*t does not work jackass!
You have no freakin clue what your talking about as proven in alot of your other posts. Lastly, Scribe said he did NOT want to use propecia. Are you having trouble reading?????

viperfish

Reaction score
Straight from hairmax: Question reguarding what they would do if not given FDA approval for regrowth:

Regardless of the status of the FDA clearance as a medical device (for regrowth) , the LaserComb is already classified as an FDA cosmetic device capable of making hair “thicker, fuller and healthierâ€￾. People who have stress with their hair can be confident that the LaserComb can, indeed, deliver on these claims. As has been the case since the LaserComb was introduced to the market, each individual consumer has the ability to use the LaserComb under a very generous money-back guarantee. Each individual is different and has a greater or lesser response to the laser therapy (hence why actionpack's "buddies" did not obtain results and applies to every product including propecia). Since the LaserComb comes with a 12-week money-back guarantee and that guarantee can be extended an additional 8 weeks, each consumer has the confidence in knowing that he or she can get a refund if the product does not perform up to their expectations (ie. can get your money back :shock: ). The consumer is the final arbiter of the effectiveness of the HairMax LaserComb. To date, there is a 7 percent return rate on all purchases. This means that tens of thousands of LaserComb users have seen significant improvements to their hair and have decided to keep the LaserComb. Specifically, that’s 93 out of 100 men and women who have used the LaserComb from 3 to 5 months are satisfied with the results they have achieved. This is a remarkable statistic and FDA clearance will not change the reality that the LaserComb is effective in helping people .

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Viperfish, that you stand by a product that works for you is commendable apart from any compensation. How is the LC doing for you? What, you've had it and have been using it now for about a month? Curious.

Greg

viperfish

Reaction score
I can reasonably say that it has thickened my hair to a significant extent and shedding has ceased since using the comb. I have been using the comb for about 8 weeks. So far so good and I hope the results continue. I'm seeing some really good things.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/12/prweb96313.htm

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/press_timemag.html
Under FDA guidelines, the LaserComb has been approved for cosmetic use, meaning the company has proved such benefits as shinier, stronger and fuller hair.

http://kyw.com/consumer/local_story_335140347.html
For $645 you may want to try the Lexington International Hairmax Lasercomb. The institute says the device can help. It works by using a laser light to revitalize and strengthen hair. A study found that when used every other day for just five to ten minutes the laser comb actually increased the follicle count and the strength of the hair.

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/people ... leID=75841

http://www.dermalogix.net/lasercomb/drglenncharles.html

There's more, but people can decide for themselves what they want to believe.

viperfish

Reaction score
There is tons and tons of research supporting the use of low level lasers for hairloss (Mvpsoft pointed out a few above). It's a personal choice whether you believe it works or if there is enough information out there to support its use. Do your own search and you will find countless clinical studies, research, etc. Do this first before you call a product complete bs.

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Just because 93% of the people didn't return their lasercomb doesn't mean it works 93% of the time. :(
Only 1% of the people who buy cellphones with 50 dollar rebates actually send away for the 50 dollar rebate.
I don't know what to think of the lasercomb, but I'd like to wait until there's a general consensus on it.
Also, I wonder if applying for fda approval means you'll be able to set such a high price to overcompensate for the pricey fda trials. Otherwise shampoos could all apply for fda approval for making hair "shinier, thicker, and fuller". Whatever that means.

viperfish

Reaction score
BostonHawk said:
Just because 93% of the people didn't return their lasercomb doesn't mean it works 93% of the time. :(
Only 1% of the people who buy cellphones with 50 dollar rebates actually send away for the 50 dollar rebate.
I don't know what to think of the lasercomb, but I'd like to wait until there's a general consensus on it.
Also, I wonder if applying for fda approval means you'll be able to set such a high price to overcompensate for the pricey fda trials. Otherwise shampoos could all apply for fda approval for making hair "shinier, thicker, and fuller". Whatever that means.

Yes the FDA testings will increase the product of the comb if they get the FDA approval. The company has said this on their website.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
however, boston does have a good point. these people are in a competitive market and are very well in tune to know what they need to do to sell. Putting their name next to FDA....is a big attention grabber. Sure it's expensive to do...but is it worth it for them?